Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

All bikes cut out at redline. Unless if you modify it. IMO it's normal and I don't see why some people on here are making such a big deal about it.

He said this model cuts out way before redline.

He said that the bike cuts power at 9,000 RPM the CBR 500's redline. Every engine has to give at one point.

You can alway modify it so that it can run over redline but then you would be risking blowing the engine.

My CBR150fi does the same thing at 11,500 RPM, the engine pops back and it feel like the clutch was pulled in. I've seen a 150 ride well over the redline.

I bet in a few months with and engine management system you will be able to do the same with the 500s

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All bikes cut out at redline. Unless if you modify it. IMO it's normal and I don't see why some people on here are making such a big deal about it.

He said this model cuts out way before redline.

He said that the bike cuts power at 9,000 RPM the CBR 500's redline. Every engine has to give at one point.

You can alway modify it so that it can run over redline but then you would be risking blowing the engine.

My CBR150fi does the same thing at 11,500 RPM, the engine pops back and it feel like the clutch was pulled in. I've seen a 150 ride well over the redline.

I bet in a few months with and engine management system you will be able to do the same with the 500s

maybe we are not reading the same post "way long time before the redline the ecu shuts the engine to idle! like if u revved up and then hold in the clutch."

^^ this is what i read.

hi there! i would like to inform you that i have test riden the 2013 cbr500r and also cbr500x at the honda big wing dealer in bkk ram intra district. while riding it gentle i felt it was a pretty good bike for the money. i then took both the bikes for a 2nd ride and this time i revved as much as i could on the short little test track they offered me to ride it.

//////and this is the important part!

way long time before the redline the ecu shuts the engine to idle! like if u revved up and then hold in the clutch.

i found this out by accelerating fast as i could and then swith to 2nd gear and the bike was stuttering like i kept the clutch in for atleast 1 full second.

the salesman first told me that it might be that its not enough gas in the tank and its gonna be allright when i ride it with more gas.

ofcourse i was very suspicious about this and after all we are in thailand and you cant really trust any salesman down here.

so i went straight to check how much gas was in the tank and it was indeed on low blinking and i also checked the cbr500r gas indicator. this test i found it out during testing the cbr500x (touring off road version) . the cbr500r seemed to had a little bit more gas in it.

how ever i managed to talked the info out of the salesman and he told me hondas cbr500 series bikes are programmed to shut off engine response at 9000 rpm!! .

he said that honda decieded to do this cause of costumers driving the shit out of the engines and claiming it within the 1st engine warranty year.

please keep this in mind if you consider buying the 2013 cbr500 series.

This is the quote I read and this is the same post that was spammed all over this form.

Removed the absurd stock metal protector attached to the exhaust forever and put two small red nuts instead. Total cost 16 thb but bike looks ten times better without that horrible metal thing.

no it doesnt

it does not for you but works for me for now as i am changing the pipe soon anyway.

All export models do not have that metal thing, we have it only in Thailand, sounds odd right?

So Honda thinks that it is good for Thailand but horrible for exported countries.

yeah bramds but it is a horrible looking one and why they do not put it for export bikes? Westerners do not burn their legs?

Maybe because westerners mostly don't ride in shorts? ;)

Imo the styling problem is not that you removed the heat guard. The problem are the remaining mounting points. Get a grinder and cut them of if you want it to look good. But just putting screws in them looks odd imo.

• Like 1

yeah bramds but it is a horrible looking one and why they do not put it for export bikes? Westerners do not burn their legs?

Maybe because westerners mostly don't ride in shorts? wink.png

Imo the styling problem is not that you removed the heat guard. The problem are the remaining mounting points. Get a grinder and cut them of if you want it to look good. But just putting screws in them looks odd imo.

or get a replacement made up in flat stainless......

Maybe because westerners mostly don't ride in shorts? ;)

Thanks for the suggestions. It is nice to hear comments from people and i respect them.

But i do not want to cut any stock part as one day i might sell it.

Besides, that metal part is not for protecting the legs - we do wear shorts too back home i guess:D -but also for protecting the pipe from scratches or accidents so these two nuts will keep it safer than none.

I ll get a new pipe soon as the best solution.:lol:

Edited by loserlazer

I heard the guard on the exhaust is a new T.I.S. requirement here in Thailand. Not much Honda could do about it.

There are now 6 topics about these bikes getting s bit silly now I suggest closing all the others and putting a link to this this one..........anyone agree then report this post to the mods so they will see it and make the changes needed.

Ok some fool has opened yet another thread now we have 8 or 9 topics about the same bike I think we only need 1 this 1 as said if your are the same as me and would like to see some closed please report this post to mods using the report button..

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me the on the road price for the 500x? Does the 215k include registration, tax third class insurance. Also what are the 1st class insurance options? Thanks

215 k is for bike with tax and registration is 800 thb something and 1st class insurance from tokio marine is around 8000 thb on top.

Thanks for the information mania. I have seen rsv racing sets. Quite good. I am quiet busy these days with work, could not go for a hunt yet. Next week i would like to check all, moth racing etc.

Yes Moth makes nice things too

I got my frame sliders from them & they are nice quality parts

Just read the test from Fast Bikes Magazine

They gave it 8 / 10

They said it is a very good bike, but is not fitted for experienced drivers because it lacks power

Other than that they said it is a really good make bike with no other complaints

I can post a scan but not sure if it is legal

i have made the big decision and i bought the cbr500r white color today. now just wait for it to be done with the tests and ready to pick up. i think im not doing the motoman break in but also not thinking about keeping it below 100kph. just ride it like im planning to do.

putting synthetic oil after abit of 100km and a new oil filter sounds more tempting than waiting 1000km for the first service.

what do you guys think of that?

where do i find good crash protectors for cbr500r? (in bkk) and a tank potector (thick sticker)

moriwaki full exhaust at bigwing looks good but 38k isnt really what i had in mind.

i have made the big decision and i bought the cbr500r white color today. now just wait for it to be done with the tests and ready to pick up. i think im not doing the motoman break in but also not thinking about keeping it below 100kph. just ride it like im planning to do.

putting synthetic oil after abit of 100km and a new oil filter sounds more tempting than waiting 1000km for the first service.

what do you guys think of that?

where do i find good crash protectors for cbr500r? (in bkk) and a tank potector (thick sticker)

moriwaki full exhaust at bigwing looks good but 38k isnt really what i had in mind.

Oh boy! What did you do? You have just bought a bike with a 9000 rpm rev limiter. Are you sure my friend?

• Like 1

You guys are actually buying all this?

Might be a day late but has to be a April fools deal wink.png

Anyone who knows enough to mention the motoman break-in does

not need to ask you what you think about swapping to synthetic so soon wink.png

plonk is the sound the fishing line makes when it hits the water

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

So the revs are blocked with a chip, the bike looks really cool, but maybe it is not for suiciders that race down the streets.

Here are the scans I promised

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qj8xe0sc5nu8pjt/hondacbr500.zip?m

So the revs are blocked with a chip, the bike looks really cool, but maybe it is not for suiciders that race down the streets.

almost unreadable, the files are too much compressed

Thank you for the scan.. It is to compressed but just about readable. A good Review.. Thanks again.

That was a good read. Pretty scathing attack on the 125 and 250 though... "With zero sporting pedigree and as much personality as a dead badger, only some fake racer type aesthetics cover up what is, essentially, a massive pile of steaming sewage". Ouch. Why don't they just say what they think laugh.png

Good to hear they report much more favorably on the 500 though, seems like they quite liked it. I'm actually starting to like the CB500x myself, put some luggage on it and that would make a fun little bike for touring the north.

• Like 2