Confused Over Biometrics Requirement For Ilr

Settlement visa based on marriage issued in December 2010 and arrived UK December 2010. Life in UK passed July 2012.

Come November she can apply for ILR as one month before the 24 months period but when I looked at the form and website the other day, I was confused over fingerprints and biometrics. I would have thought all this was done in Bangkok when applying for the settlement visa but we have no ID card or other such document. Should we have ?

Can someone put in layman's language where the issue of biometrics and fingerprints comes into ILR applications.

When applying for a visa overseas the applicant's biometrics are taken, but no biometric card is issued.

When applying for ILR biometrics are taken again and a biometric residence permit is issued.

Biometric information and biometric residence permits

Your biometric residence permit will be evidence of your permission to stay in the UK, and will show any conditions of your stay. You will be able to use it to confirm your identity and your right to study and work here, and to access public services.

Hi SGD,

My wife and stepson applied for ILR back in May and we have had the biometrics done and just waiting for everything to be done now, it can take up to 6 months.

When you submit your application they will take the money then it goes in a pile for working, they will send you a letter to say thanks for your money and don't contact us!! Great!! Almost 3 months after that we had the letter to go and do the biometrics at the post office, you take the letter they send you pay another 20 quid and then sit and wait again. Like I say hopefully we should have it all back soon.

When you get the letter to go do the biometrics, double check everything is correct before you go. For my stepson they had is date of birth wrong and his Nationality as Canadian (totally there mistake there is no way I wrote Canadian on the application form!) I didnt notice this until after we had done them, I called the UK Border Agency and they made me wait for another letter and go back to the post office and pay the 20 quid again, I had to pay for there mistake!

Good luck, patience is whats needed with this process.

Andy

So you have to fill in a TD112 Application form?, Just looked at the form, lot of info needed for a Biometrics Certificate.

Malc

Are you suggesting she needs to fill this in as part of the ILR process or not ?