Virtual Credit Card & Airline Booking

Gaccha

I have a kasikorn bank virtual credit card.

I have heard Air Asia will not allow at check in unless card is presented.

I can find no mention in their terms & conditions or any reference on the internet.

Has anyone ever done this?

(For those who have never heard of virtual credit cards, there are several topics started on it)

I've already tried. It is simply an embedded search engine.... There is no human.

Did you try this one http://chat3d.livech...at.cgi?groups=0 They are open 8am to 8 pm Malaysian time

Edit

I had to Google Virtual credit cards. It may help the operator if you can explain what they are when you chat to them.

Edited by ripstanley
  • Like 1

I too have a Kasikorn virtual credit card. When I tried to book a flight on the Air Asia website it allowed me to do everything right up to the point of paying. Then and only then do they tell you, they only accept SCB virtual credit cards. That at least was my experience and it was confirmed by the AA employee in the office near Tha Pae gate in Chiang Mai.

I too have a Kasikorn virtual credit card. When I tried to book a flight on the Air Asia website it allowed me to do everything right up to the point of paying. Then and only then do they tell you, they only accept SCB virtual credit cards. That at least was my experience and it was confirmed by the AA employee in the office near Tha Pae gate in Chiang Mai.

I have used Kasikorn virtual card over twenty times for airasia, and have never been asked for card. I think you are confusing the direct payment from bank account option: they only accept SCB for that - you just need to click the tab for credit cards on the payment screen. Generally, with other airlines, many do ask for credit card if you book direct through their website because they have your credit card details, but airasia do not. If you book through an agent, they cannot ask for credit card, because it is the agent paying the airline - not the passenger.

I have previously used my Kasikorn virtual card to book flights with Air Asia and have never encountered a problem, in fact I have never been asked to produce a card with Air Asia.

They are also one of the few carriers that allow a third party card to be used.

If you have an account with Kasikorn you might want to consider registering your ATM card for online use, you do it via an ATM and there is the added benefit that you get an SMS message when the card is used. That way you will be able to present the actual card used and widens your choice of carriers, you can even have your name embossed on the card.

• Like 1

I know that many airlines will not let you board if you do not show the card used. Had a bad experience on Sri LAnkan Airlines to Colombo. However i do know that Tiger Airways does not require this. Also for domestic flights in Thailand you should be able to get awy with it. About Air Asia i am not sure

• 2 weeks later...

I've just booked a flight with Sri Lankan using my Kasikorn virtual credit card and have no card to show on check in which is a worry. Surely the bank book showing the transaction date/amount would be enough if asked.

The last poster (PJERecruit) mentioned a bad experience with Sri Lankan and it would be good if you could give more information on this?

I've just booked a flight with Sri Lankan using my Kasikorn virtual credit card and have no card to show on check in which is a worry.

Sri Lankan state in their Terms and Conditions that Virtual Credit Cards are not acceptable and must not be used to make online bookings.

I think you need to contact them to see if you can work something out.

http://www.srilankan.com/en_uk/flying-with-us/online-booking-terms-of-use

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Nok Air is ok. They state on their booking page:

"For International credit card payments (credit cards issued outside Thailand), the cardholder must present the credit card at the airport check-in counter for physical verification. Otherwise, Nok Air reserves the right to deny boarding."

That implicitly allows the Thai-produced Kasikorn Bank card....

Any thoughts?

Looks like Nok Air is ok. They state on their booking page:

"For International credit card payments (credit cards issued outside Thailand), the cardholder must present the credit card at the airport check-in counter for physical verification. Otherwise, Nok Air reserves the right to deny boarding."

That implicitly allows the Thai-produced Kasikorn Bank card....

Any thoughts?

I have used my Kasikorn cyber enabled Visa Debit Card for buying both domestic and international flights. never had any questions/issues raised at check in.

Trying to book Air Asia today cannot take several valid UK and OZ Visa cards

SAdly only airline on route requested price is not an issue

My friend also tried aUK card no go

While scb direct debit thingy always works we cannot pay today as bank shut any thoughts

A friend sais SCB in the cities have ATMs where you can insert cash to top up account

Any ideas welcome

We have NAB CoOp Nat West Amex and AIB ,Credit Agricole SSBC and SCB accounts,CitiBank

Trying to book Air Asia today cannot take several valid UK and OZ Visa cards

SAdly only airline on route requested price is not an issue

My friend also tried aUK card no go

While scb direct debit thingy always works we cannot pay today as bank shut any thoughts

A friend sais SCB in the cities have ATMs where you can insert cash to top up account

Any ideas welcome

We have NAB CoOp Nat West Amex and AIB ,Credit Agricole SSBC and SCB accounts,CitiBank

Is your SCB debit card Visa/Mastercard cyber enabled? With Kasikorn this has to be requested and only takes a few minutes at a branch office. You will need a Thai mobile number for OTP processing

Virtual Credit Card. By this you mean a prepaid debit Visa card or Mastercard. They have the protection of a CC transaction and CC fees and charges apply, ie, international transaction fees and merchant fees may be applicable.

You physically have the card in your possession.

Edited by electau

I have used a virtual card with Air Asia. I make a color copy of the virtual card to present to the agent, and have not had any problems

What are you copying...?

It gives you an image of an actual card that you can print.

I've never ever seen one of those, what bank provides that facility?