I Failed My Driving Test Today

UKJASE

cheers for all the helpful replies guys.....

i went back to the test centre early today, and got myself in for the test....... again the same as yesterday when some questions were obviously both right etc......., but luckily with the english test i think they only have about 50 or so questions, that come up randomly, so the ones that have two correct answers, many i had had yesterday, and had memorised the answers..... so today i passed!! i got 26/30 and the lady told me 23/30 was the pass mark, and i had done "velly good"..... buzzing today chaps!! the mrs even peeled a som-o for me for celebrations!!

this question made the whole resitting worth it tho

Q-What should you do if you are driving and you start to feel very tired?

1-Stop, and take a rest until you no longer feel tired

2-Drink a coffee

3-Keep driving until the tiredness passes

4-Take an amphetamine pill thumbsup.gif

there was two other farang guys there today, and both had failed one sitting whilst i was there......

i think one good thing to do, is if you fail, take a note of the answers on a piece of paper for all the ones you got wrong, and use this next time..... not sure if this is within the rules, but then again not sure if they have rules

anyway 165B and i am one legal mo fo wink.png

cheers again for replies wai.gif

2-Drink a coffee

Are you saying that #4 is the correct answer that they are looking for on this test?

2-Drink a coffee

Are you saying that #4 is the correct answer that they are looking for on this test?

No 3 is correct and drink 2 cans of Red Bull

2-Drink a coffee

2-Drink a coffee

No 3 is correct and drink 2 cans of Red Bull

For bus drivers and tour van operators the answer is 2, 3, and 4, and they would also accept, 5- drive faster to get your destination before you fall asleep.

.... following the 'brilliant' responses (above), I take it that #1 is the correct answer ...

I know of someone who would not shut up about the standard of English in the questionnaire. The examiner approached his desk, took his paper, and tore it up. "You fail, come back when you can stop your mouth!" cheesy.gif

lol that would be funny to witness I must say.

I also saw something similar during the Teaching License Tests. I calmed the guy down before the proctor did the exact same thing. It was quite a scene.

I had three goes before I passed, The translation was terrible with more than one correct answer (multiple choice), no correct answer and what I believed to be the correct answer being wrong. In the end they sat with me and told me the right answers to the above scenarios as it was geting late and they wanted to get home....Hilarious.

Similar to me, I tried twice and failed and was like "fuc_k you larry I'll drive without a licence". was told to sit and try one more time and they guaranteed I would pass.

Sure enough I sat back down and the person stood behind me and told which multiple choice answer to choose..... I got 100% correct that time round !!!

I flashed my Ozzie license down stairs, went up stairs, looked at some colour lights and called out each one....including some purple ones not even there, got a photo, got the card, paid the money and was down stairs again all in 20 minutes.

Now, wat this test yo talkin' bout boy???

This summary is very close to my experience. Waited 5 minutes, showed me California driver's license, went upstairs and watched a man point to different colors and said the names in Thai, paid a little money, and then was on my way. I was stopped by the police as I left, flashed my new shiny license, and waved on.

ahahahaha...im cracking up reading some of these replies that say there were multiple correct answers or the correct answer isn't what you thought it was.

Isn't that the point of a test?

I passed mine first time around and i have a lifetime license that you can no longer get wink.png

If you think the thai test is ridiculous, this is a question from the Hawaiian test:

1) If someone is crossing the road, you should :

a) speed up

b ) stop and let them cross

c) honk your horn to let them know you are there

d) cut them off before crossing the road to teach them a lesson.

The on road portion of the motorcycle license test in Los Angeles is even worse, with a 75% failure rate for those who do not choose to take the MSC. Some of you would die if you had to take it, the multiple choice is also tougher.

Thailand is a piece of cake.

Edited by KRS1

You only have to get about 3/4 right. Try to think like a Thai when the question is confusing, and accept that at least one question will have no correct answer. I passed my computerized test for motorbike with six wrong answers, and they sent me back in to take basically the same test again for my auto license. The second time around, I had seven wrong answers. Still passed.

I think most offices have a biligual study guide available for you to refresh your memory just before the test.

That helps a lot.

I got my motorcycle and car license the same day so took exactly the same test twice. Failed to pass the first time but since I now knew the correct answers I got 100% on the next one. Had to come back the next day to take the test again. It's a confusing, poorly written test. Make sure you take note of your wrong answers if you do fail because you'll be seeing the same question the next time through.

I went back after a year to get my 5 year license in Phuket. The boss lady for some reason took my paperwork from me and handed it to an underling and then took me to her office. She said please read this. It was instructions for the process of getting a license in English. She asked me if it was correct? I said it unintelligable.. She then asked me to rewrite it which I did. She thanked me and got the new license process going with me at the front of the line. Interesting experience.

• Like 1