Fat Caterpillars Demolish My Potted Plant - What Are They?

mahtin

To look on the bright side - if its the plant and caterpillar I think it is, the shrub will grow leaves again and thrive.

Then the cycle starts again...

Yes, Adenium family, Desert rose or Chon Chom as they are called locally, i laugh when i see the caterpillar eating the leaves - it is bright green, then it eats the pink/red flowers and it's body turns pink!laugh.png

• 1 month later...

post-60101-0-42146300-1351417576_thumb.j

Buggers didn't waste much time.

Flowers for hors d'oeuvre.

Is that plant a "Desert Rose"? I had the same problem with my Desert Rose when I lived in Phuket Town. Fortunately it survived.

post-35489-0-49266200-1351614674_thumb.j

I found one of the fat caterpillars eating the lush green leaves. I ceremoniously picked it off and sliced it up using my garden knife. I then looked much closer and found another six hiding under the leaves. Cunning little buggers; all sliced up.

post-60101-0-42146300-1351417576_thumb.j

Buggers didn't waste much time.

Flowers for hors d'oeuvre.

Is that plant a "Desert Rose"? I had the same problem with my Desert Rose when I lived in Phuket Town. Fortunately it survived.

post-35489-0-49266200-1351614674_thumb.j

I found one of the fat caterpillars eating the lush green leaves. I ceremoniously picked it off and sliced it up using my garden knife. I then looked much closer and found another six hiding under the leaves. Cunning little buggers; all sliced up.

I'm afraid they finish up in my beloved neighbour's garden.