How Hard Is It To Get A Business Visa/education Visa?

Sorry about doing this, on an unco-operative phone and searching visa content is difficult. Came over on a 30 day tourist visa and have just done a awful visa run to the Burmese border giving me another 14 days.

What I'm looking for is an education/business visa but I have no idea of the requirements or where to go. By the way I am from the UK and am 31 year old. Any help is much appreciated.

P.S. The visa run was an absolute circus. First the air-con didn't work, then the driver pulled over to fill up before we left and then pulled over ten minutes to eat at a roadside stall to have some lovely som tam whilst we the paying customers sat cooking alive in the oven of a minibus.

Edited by pimping

You seem to be on a visa exempt entry both times (30 days by air and 15 days by land) so FYI a tourist visa provides a 60 day stay and can be extended at immigration for another 30 days and any Thai Consulate (they are located outside Thailand) can provide (those in Laos would likely provide two at the same time). You do not appear to qualify for a business visa and would have to be enrolled for an education course for that option.

You seem to be on a visa exempt entry both times (30 days by air and 15 days by land) so FYI a tourist visa provides a 60 day stay and can be extended at immigration for another 30 days and any Thai Consulate (they are located outside Thailand) can provide (those in Laos would likely provide two at the same time). You do not appear to qualify for a business visa and would have to be enrolled for an education course for that option.

Can I obtain a 60 day tourist visa whilst in thailand?

Many thanks for your reply by the way!

Edited by pimping

If you want a Education Visa then you must leave the country to get this also.

The paperwork you require to get the Visa will be prepared by your chosen school and you take this to a Thai Embassy/Consulate outside of Thailand, I went to Cambodia to get mine

The good news is that once you have this then there is no need to leave Thailand again for the duration of your course, not sure if it's a maximum of 3 or 5 years, you just report to your local immigration office every 90 days to get another 90 day extension.

The paperwork you require to get the Visa will be prepared by your chosen school and you take this to a Thai Embassy/Consulate outside of Thailand

As it appear you do not know, the above is correct, but after choosing a school and paying the fee, this said paperwork can take up to 5 weeks to arrive...

Maybe better to go to the Embassy in Laos, or the Consulate in Laos, should be able to get a 2x 60 day TR Visa, both can extend at immigration @ 1,900 baht = almost 6 months stay..