Availability Multiple Entry Non-Imm Education Visa Savannaket

hello everyone,

i am headed to thailand on an one way ticket oct 4th from barcelona. i have the paperwork from a school in chiang mai but need to submit my application to the thai embassy in madrid as there is no consul in barca. after paying for a nok flexi ticket to vientiane (nov 2) for the required outbound ticket (for the application), i am faced with sending the application with the fee (55 euro) to the embassy with the chance it maybe rejected. since i am a non-resident (american) the folks at the thai embassy said they are not required to approve my application so i am taking a chance sending it there and being denied (and out the 55 euros + 45 euros for postage).

my question is whether i should just fly into bkk with my one way and hit savannaket before my 30 day visa on arrival expires and apply there for my ed visa.

does anyone know if the consul there will give me an ed visa there with multiple entries. and is there any other requirements besides the standard one like an outbound ticket etc etc?

this forum is great and thanks to all out there for the help!

chinofarang

It is unlikely you will get a multiple ED-visa, even in Europe. The norm nowadays is single entry only. Especially in neighbouring countries.

Traveling to Thailand without a visa might mean that the airline will require you have a ticket out of the country within 30 days of arrival.

thanks for the quick reply, mario.

as i said in my post, i leave on the 5th of oct. to chiang mai from spain with an outbound ticket on nok air to vientiane on the 2nd of november (29 days according to the thaivisa calculator!) so no worries about the onward ticket ( i hope!). so it's absolutely sure that you can't get a multiple entry non imm ed visa in savannaket? one entry only...

so perhaps i am better off just getting a multiple entry tourist visa in vientiane? is it possible after your 1 entry on your ed visa runs out to visa run again for a 2 entry tourist visa?

You will be fine with the ticket out.

You can always try and see, but do not believe you will get more then single entry. They will want you to extend your stay in Thailand with paperwork from the school.

A tourist visa (double entry) will be possible, but not unlimited.

There is no reason why they would reject your application unless there is something in your passport that would give them suspicion that you are there for other purposes (things like 3 Thai tourist visas, overstays, etc). And they will give you a single entry ED visa you just have to get permit for re-entry if you plan to exit/re-enter at any time. They don't just cancel the visa if you go out for a trip or something.