Pigeon Pie

andycrosby

Hi all just an update I went to CC market in BKK and I have to say with all the dead sick and dieing animals I got out of there ASAP and bleached my shoes wot a shithole...

I made a few phone calls and met a Thai man who keeps some nice clean birds The kings were very big but he would only let me have 3 youngsters. I got 2 pair of Fantails and a few other pairs of other fancy pigeons that I dont know the names of yet.

So just a big thanks to everyone, for all your help and offers I will now set up my breeding pairs and see what we can do

"I spy with my little eye".... Well actually imagine, seeing a used car lot full of pickup trucks, each with a wrought iron cage in the back full of pigeons. Out front is a rolley-polley Englishman wearing a pockadot suit and bowler hat, smoking a cigar and sprueking through a megaphone... What weird day dreams farmers have?

• 4 weeks later...

Andy, i also keep racing pigeons and they produce a lot of babies.Most of the time we replace their eggs with quail eggs and they can hatch four birds at the time.

I only have four couples left right now but if you want i can rear some young ones for you.

Have sold some birds to Bangkok and some came back after awhile.Had some kings also but to aggressive amongst the other birds so now only have homers and a pair of croppers.

I live in Chiang Mai and have King Pigeons - I bought them from a pet shop in the city. They have many more there and some fantails, and other breeds. I don't understand the price of 5000 baht each for fantail pigeons from the poster from Issan! They cost 1000 a pair here in Chiang Mai.

My king pigeons are still young birds and have not started mating yet. so it will be some time before I get some chicks to sell.

How are you going with your search? I am looking for white racing homers, but I can't get any information about how to obtain them here. I used to keep them in the UK and miss them a lot. They are lovely to see flying around in the garden!

Hi all just an update I went to CC market in BKK and I have to say with all the dead sick and dieing animals I got out of there ASAP and bleached my shoes wot a shithole...

I made a few phone calls and met a Thai man who keeps some nice clean birds The kings were very big but he would only let me have 3 youngsters. I got 2 pair of Fantails and a few other pairs of other fancy pigeons that I dont know the names of yet.

So just a big thanks to everyone, for all your help and offers I will now set up my breeding pairs and see what we can do

"I spy with my little eye".... Well actually imagine, seeing a used car lot full of pickup trucks, each with a wrought iron cage in the back full of pigeons. Out front is a rolley-polley Englishman wearing a pockadot suit and bowler hat, smoking a cigar and sprueking through a megaphone... What weird day dreams farmers have?

IA

I've told you before -------------- cut down on the Leo's. That imagination of yours, you'll be thinking the aussie's have won the Ashes next

I've successfully given up all alcohol but I can't stop lying

BOB Masterbaker