Chalerm Queries 'men In Black' Claim

webfact

It seems to me that there is a lot of disinformation here. It is probably true that 91 Red shirts and officials would likely not have died during the demonstration if the Thai Army had not been deployed. Therefor one concludes that the real issue is who gave the order to deploy the Army and why. After all the security and management of demonstrations is a police issue, is it not?

Army was deployed because the Police conveniently vanished from the areas once the Red shirts arrived. Hence a city center, occupied by Reds, without law and order.

All part of the plan to make the army come in and clean this "created" mess. Propaganda 101, the bad Thai army kills its own innocent people without valid reason.

That is Thaksin’s way of revenge over the coup. He had to trow some of his own followers into the game but, but it seemed he thought it was necessary.

You might even be correct, in which case the stupidity of AV and the army for being duped into murdering their own citizens is even more mind blowing.

Philw, I invite you to read my post #22 again. Take your time, think about it, and then tell us all what YOU would have done to clear the streets. Your one liner posts do not do justice to your one active brain cell. Posters like you will not, cannot maybe, give us your solution to what was happeneing at that time.

Please share your wisdom with all of us

The imaginary people...........

Thanks for posting those images. It's like the global warming thing. There are going to be hardliners who will continue to deny 'black shirts' and their military weapons were embedded with the Reds - no matter how compelling the evidence to the contrary. To me, it's obvious. The MIB were there, and were itching for a fight, and they got it.

It seems to me that there is a lot of disinformation here. It is probably true that 91 Red shirts and officials would likely not have died during the demonstration if the Thai Army had not been deployed. Therefor one concludes that the real issue is who gave the order to deploy the Army and why. After all the security and management of demonstrations is a police issue, is it not?

First off, the police are chummy with Thaksin, so they were generally flaccid during the commandeering of Bkk. They did as little as they could get away with, without getting fired from their jobs.

Second, a significant proportion of the 91 people who died were either security personnel or innocent bystanders outside the Red barricade.

Thirdly: you're insinuating 'if the Thai army had not been deployed....' people would not have died. Did you even follow events as they unfolded in Spring 2009? The Reds were itching for confrontation in nearly all their actions. Even their leaders, when they had their demands met by pantywaist Abhisit, didn't consent, because their paymaster was itching for maximum confrontation. That's what he wanted, and that's what he got, and it served his political agenda. His sister got elected via payments (to voters) and sympathy votes from those who were duped in to thinking peaceful protesters got shot in Bkk.

• Like 2

In an article in the other paper this morning, Chalerm said he was quitting politics after the end of the current term in 3 years.

Chalerm's word is worthless I'm afraid, but if true it's good news.

On another note I see Mr Kasit of the Truth and Reconciliation Committee has recommended Thaksin stays away from Thailand for ever. He urged Thaksin to follow the example of Pridi who remained in exile until his death in France. Of course the difference is Pridi was a great man, a statesman who put his country first.

• Like 2

In an article in the other paper this morning, Chalerm said he was quitting politics after the end of the current term in 3 years.

Chalerm's word is worthless I'm afraid, but if true it's good news.

On another note I see Mr Kasit of the Truth and Reconciliation Committee has recommended Thaksin stays away from Thailand for ever. He urged Thaksin to follow the example of Pridi who remained in exile until his death in France. Of course the difference is Pridi was a great man, a statesman who put his country first.

If Thaksin can quit politics so completely, then so can Chalerm.

Regarding Kasit's recommendation, the longer that the anthrax bacteria is kept away from the body, the healthier the body is.

And if the protest group hadn't started firing RPGs (March 30) and M-79 grenades perhaps the RTA would not have been needed to be deployed. Is not the initial cause the fact that "peaceful protesters" were armed with and using military weapons?

Edited by OzMick