Introduction

Koratbound

Sawatdee Guys and Gals,

I figured I would introduce myself and say hello. My name is Cliff. I am American and a young 41 years of age. :D

I have a girlfriend in Korat and am visiting there from March 3rd thru March 19th. I would like to meet some of you to learn the ins and outs of emigrating to Thailand. I can read info here and on the internet until I go blind, but prefer to hear it from the horse's mouth. So to speak. :o

I plan on moving to Korat permanently Anyone interested in sharing some info with me during this time? I'll buy the drinks. :D

Sawatdee Guys and Gals,

I figured I would introduce myself and say hello. My name is Cliff. I am American and a young 41 years of age. :D

I have a girlfriend in Korat and am visiting there from March 3rd thru March 19th. I would like to meet some of you to learn the ins and outs of emigrating to Thailand. I can read info here and on the internet until I go blind, but prefer to hear it from the horse's mouth. So to speak. :D

I plan on moving to Korat permanently Anyone interested in sharing some info with me during this time? I'll buy the drinks. :D

Hi Cliff and welcome to TV :o I am about 120 K's away from Korat in a "small" town called Buriram. But if you are buying, I'll be there :D You will find quite a few guys on this forum that do live in, or near Korat. I am sure you will have no dramas meeting up with some of these fellows :D And while you are visiting this great part of Thailand, do yourself a favour, and have a good look around. (if you havent already) There really is a lot of things to do and see in the Issan and surrounding areas.

Sawatdee Guys and Gals,

I have a girlfriend in Korat and am visiting there from March 3rd thru March 19th. I would like to meet some of you to learn the ins and outs of emigrating to Thailand. I can read info here and on the internet until I go blind, but prefer to hear it from the horse's mouth. So to speak. :D

Hi Cliff and welcome to TV :o I am about 120 K's away from Korat in a "small" town called Buriram. But if you are buying, I'll be there :D You will find quite a few guys on this forum that do live in, or near Korat. I am sure you will have no dramas meeting up with some of these fellows :D And while you are visiting this great part of Thailand, do yourself a favour, and have a good look around. (if you havent already) There really is a lot of things to do and see in the Issan and surrounding areas.

Hi Daddy

Like your dry sense of humour, but agree Koratbound should look around, great place Isaan.

I'll be near your small town? in Mar/April in the even smaller town Satuk , perhaps I could buy you a beer? you can buy the song sip sticki rice! :D

TBWG

Hi Daddy

Like your dry sense of humour, but agree Koratbound should look around, great place Isaan.

I'll be near your small town? in Mar/April in the even smaller town Satuk , perhaps I could buy you a beer? you can buy the song sip sticki rice! :o

TBWG

Ah, Satuk. Another great Issan town :D I go there quite often. The wifes best friends mother lives just outside of Satuk (just pass the roadside fish market going north) As she (the friend) does not drive, we normally take her to see the old girl about twice every month. We always stop in town and have a walk around, buy some food, and then go out to see her. Top day out every time :D

Satuk is closer to Buriram than Korat, and I was quite prepared to go there for a free beer with Koratbound Cliff. So Satuk shouldn't be a problem :D

Sip song sticki rice. Now thats what I call "cross threading" :D:D

Hi Daddy

I'll be near your small town? in Mar/April in the even smaller town Satuk , perhaps I could buy you a beer? you can buy the song sip sticki rice! :o

TBWG

Ah, Satuk. Another great Issan town :D I go there quite often. The wifes best friends mother lives just outside of Satuk (just pass the roadside fish market going north) As she (the friend) does not drive, we normally take her to see the old girl about twice every month. We always stop in town and have a walk around, buy some food, and then go out to see her. Top day out every time :D

Satuk is closer to Buriram than Korat, and I was quite prepared to go there for a free beer with Koratbound Cliff. So Satuk shouldn't be a problem :D

Hi Daddy

TBWG

Hi Mr Daddy

Not quite sure what happened with last post? still, mai pen rai

I arrive end of March just in time to get a songran soaking! :D

So look forward to having a beer with you when Mrs Daddy and friend have to visit Satuk. Will be in touch nearer the time. In the meantime spare a thought for me freezing my n..ts off in the UK. - 6 C last night. :D

Take care TBWG

Hi Cliff. I live in a small village about 80 Km northwest of Korat and don't need much of an excuse to motorcycle down to the "big city". "Free beer" is certainly on my list of "excuses". :o I will be making a run to Bangkok sometime in March for my annual marriage extension, but otherwise would be "free" for a meet. I'll PM you my mobile. A good meeting place would be The Pasinee Restaurant. You can check the place out and see a map HERE.

Cheers

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies. I see this board is competitive. :D My first beerdrinker gets highjacked to a closer town. :D:D:D Dang Daddy, I feel cheap somehow :o:D

Ken, I will ring you to set up a meet!!!

KB

Edited by Koratbound

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies. I see this board is competitive. :D My first beerdrinker gets highjacked to a closer town. :D:D:D Dang Daddy, I feel cheap somehow :D:D

KB

Hi KB

Sorry for hi-jacking Mr Daddy, :o he sounds the type of guy who gets about a bit so i'm sure he can manage a few meets! :D

Who knows might even make it to Korat myself :D

Chock Dee

TBWG

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies. I see this board is competitive. :D My first beerdrinker gets highjacked to a closer town. :D:D:D Dang Daddy, I feel cheap somehow :D

KB

Hi KB

Sorry for hi-jacking Mr Daddy, :o he sounds the type of guy who gets about a bit so i'm sure he can manage a few meets! :D

Who knows might even make it to Korat myself

Chock Dee

TBWG

Note to self....

Free beer with Cliff in Korat 3-03-2006 to 19-03-06 inclusive :D

Free beer with TBWG in Satuk March through April inclusive :D

Dont forget sticky rice :burp:

Hi KB

Sorry for hi-jacking Mr Daddy, whistling.gif he sounds the type of guy who gets about a bit so i'm sure he can manage a few meets! burp.gif

Chock Dee

TBWG

Note to self....

Free beer with Cliff in Korat 3-03-2006 to 19-03-06 inclusive burp.gif

Free beer with TBWG in Satuk March through April inclusive burp.gif

Dont forget sticky rice biggrin.gif

I guess I had better save up for several evenings. :o

Hi KB

Sorry for hi-jacking Mr Daddy, whistling.gif he sounds the type of guy who gets about a bit so i'm sure he can manage a few meets! burp.gif

Chock Dee

TBWG

Note to self....

Free beer with Cliff in Korat 3-03-2006 to 19-03-06 inclusive burp.gif

Free beer with TBWG in Satuk March through April inclusive burp.gif

Dont forget sticky rice biggrin.gif

I guess I had better save up for several evenings. :o

No need to save up Cliff. I will bring all the sticky rice you can eat :D

And we can cash in all the empties from TBWG's place in Satuk :D

Sawatdee Guys and Gals,

I have a girlfriend in Korat and am visiting there from March 3rd thru March 19th. I would like to meet some of you to learn the ins and outs of emigrating to Thailand. I can read info here and on the internet until I go blind, but prefer to hear it from the horse's mouth. So to speak. :o

Hi Cliff...You should drop over sometime!!!! :D ...Just joking,a lot of us in Surin, make yourself known at the Farung Connection...Martin knows where everyone is.