Computer Help In Pattaya

Kees5

I have an Asus Eee PcSeries netbook, configured with Ubuntu, and minimal software, browser etc. No HD, small intenal SS memory.

I lost the password.

My friend, who sold it to me and installed it, has since died. I want to pass it on to a new friend, or sell it, but need to make it operational again.

Best option seems re-formatting the HD (nothing of value installed), re-installing the OS system, then some software. New Owner will probably only use it for browsing the web, picking up mail and facebook, and looking at pictures and video clips.

But maybe Ubuntu is unfamiliar, and a functional small size Windows OS better.

What OS do I use?

Who can do this for me?

Anyone with the skills here, or any recommendations for a techie at TukCom to help me? Preferably one who has sufficient English?

Thanks !

Linux would be far better for that machine and installation on it has been well studied and established. I might suggest a lighter distribution than plain ol' Ubuntu, say, Lubuntu or Zorin OS, but if you just want to show that it works, then fine.

A lot of forum members could install it for you but don't have work permits. :) It's not difficult but you'd--basically--need first to install Ubuntu on a flashdrive, boot up from it on your Asus Eee, and from there install it on the SSD drive.

Maybe somebody will PM you or you can just go to Tukcom, 3rd floor, shop called Pattaya4U. It's in the far right corner as you get off the escalator, SW corner. They get good recommendations and can surely do it.

I agree with "Pattaya2U" and the owner (long haired guy) speaks good English. I would just get "Windows" as an OS installed if I were you.

Thing is they will not install copies of Windows any more so you will need to pay the price for the real.