Norwegian Dies Following Bar Brawl At Central Pattaya Beer Bar

Rimmer

They were both friends with the Norwegian bar owner at Kares Partybar , Kare.

Bubu is far away from Pattaya now . Lets hope they catch him , you can call it an accident as much as you want , but this was a fight that never should have happened. I would call it a murder.

so if the guy rode off on his motorbike drunk out of his mind and hit and killed someone would that also be murder? If YOU let a friend who was drunk out of his mind get on his motorbike and ride off and he kills himself would you be ok that you didn't try and stop him?? lots of details that we do not know so maybe good idea to hold off on convicting anyone of murder just yet??

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Major head fracture from hitting his head on a table,.... I don't think so!

RIP to the poor victim and condolences to the family!

Yes if its a concrete table that many bars have outside.

Concrete table, footpath, kerb, bitumen road - anything hard will do it. It's happening more and more in Australia. The one hit blind side cowardly punch killing a lot of young kids here. Remember the famous movie star William Holden? He got pissed one night and fell and hit his head on a coffee table. Killed him no problem.

yeah, but he bled to death. after hitting a teak bedside table in his bedroom with the forehead.

Bubu is far away from Pattaya now . Lets hope they catch him , you can call it an accident as much as you want , but this was a fight that never should have happened. I would call it a murder.

Legally it will not be seen as murder, it will be regarded as involuntary manslaughter ... that is to say death was not planned, it was caused by an unlawful act, such as aggressive fighting.

However, an unlawful act could not, and would not be regarded as applicable if the accused acted primarily in self defense, thus when arrested Bubu will no doubt make such a statement to the police.

Legally it will not be seen as murder, it will be regarded as involuntary manslaughter ... that is to say death was not planned, it was caused by an unlawful act, such as aggressive fighting.

However, an unlawful act could not, and would not be regarded as applicable if the accused acted primarily in self defense, thus when arrested Bubu will no doubt make such a statement to the police.

Not to mention that the guy was trying to prevent someone from driving a motorbike drunk. So by trying to do a good deed a fight happens and the guy falls and hits his head and dies.

I wonder how that works out lots of things mitigating the whole thing. It surely is not murder.

You are all rambling on about old information . On page three the Moderator wrote an update. He did not hit his head on a table --drop it.

What happened was that he went to get on his motorcycle to go home . His friend Bubu caring for his welfare went to talk to him about leaving the bike for his safety,

He did not agree and a fight broke out !!!!! . His caring freind who was worried about his safety hit him so hard he iether hit his head and fell on the floor then,---- or Bubus hit killed him.

Is this the most stupid story you have ever heard or what? Only in Thaiand.

When I say update I mean a totaly new story, next will be a he shot himself under the table riding the motorbike without a helmet.

With altering information like this it is difficult to believe any or either. It is this that encourages a lack of respect on both the report and the write ups

No matter what the circumstances were, Jarle was a good hearted man. Yes, sometimes he drank too much and, yes, he had been known to occasionally become belligerent...

However, he valued fairness and strove to live a just and honest life. And Jarle was kind to the very best of his ability. Jarle expected to die in Thailand (under different circumstances) and he intended to secure his companion/girlfriend's future as best he could . I doubt he did anything to help this very lovely woman survive without him. I hope I'm wrong.

Jarle's life and specially his business "adventures" and challenges are the stuff that would make a good novel. Or at the very least a blistering expose regarding some very nasty "business" going on around here.

Anyway, Jarle was very, very Jarle.

RIP, Jarle...

Of course they must know who the guy is,also where he is! If the wife of the deceased has been harassed and threatened the next morning by the wife of the perpetrator, I think it's obvious that they know each other. What's the problem here, bring him in and sort things out..

Add alcohol--Lots of Girls--Holiday Mode and the stupidity pours out....Hope Bubu is found~~

To find Bubu helps nothing, the victim is dead, Bubu can prove that he did not intent to kill him, he hit him on the chin, the man fell over and his head hit a table which resulted in his dead, and this will be regarded

by the court as an accident.

He will of course be fund and charged accordingly.

Of course it helps something. A man died as a direct result of this guy's actions and if nothing else would be charged with manslaughter in a western country. In Thailand, who knows. With enough baht he will likely get off with no charges.

As an ex nightclub doorman I can assure you that skull fractures can occur from falling heads landing on tables. If your not a medical man you'd be better to refrain from making medical judgments

Better if you ask what kind of table ?

Maybe marble or cement

take you to my daughters grave . She went in to a coma after a simple hit of the head then died 14 days later

Edited by Rimmer

Bubu Boo-Booed, then he Bye-Byed. Too bad Farangs don't have the sense to be really careful when bar hopping in Pattaya ... or anywhere in Thailand. seem s he was with friends. Never get in a fight with a local, cause you wil be jumped by his local friends arrmed c/w knives, daggers, bicycle or farm chains, chunks of glass, metal bars, wooden batons. Anti personal pepper sprays works great, but good luck getting it thru Airport Security & customs.

Who said BUBu is a local ?

For some reason I think it sounds like a Scandi 'nick name'

Who said BUBu is a local ?

Could a Norwegian-fluent member please help with the google-translate of this Norwegian news article?

Google Translate indicates the suspect is from Bergen, Norway..: same as the deceased.

- We are all amazed at what has happened, says the owner of the Norwegian pub.

Died Friday Jarle Nyegaard (43) in hospital after suffering serious head injuries after barkrangelen and fighting.

Massive head injuries

Nyegaard dead in Pattaya in Thailand yesterday after suffering massive head injuries in a pubkrangel in the center of town. Another Bergenser of 36 years is wanted as murder suspect. Border crossings are notified.

36-year-old, which is now being hunted by Thai police, has lived in Thailand for many years. Among other things, he has trained a certain age football in Pattaya. Both he and the deceased were part of a group of Norwegians who frequented Kåre's Party Bar, where the fight took place.

Article (in Norwegian) continues here:

http://www.nettavisen.no/nyheter/article3477726.ece