Road Trip From Udon Thani To Chiang Mai

lovelaos

I'm planning a road trip from UT to CM via Sukhothai at the end of October. I have been told by a friend that it is a great drive. I was just wondering if there is anything of interest to stop en route or maybe a small diversion if something is worth seeing. I'm planning to stay in or around Sukhothai for 2 nights.

Also, I haven't been to CM since 2002 and have been told it has changed drastically since then. Any insider travel tips would be very much appreciated. I will be in Chiang Mai for around 4 days.

Cheers.

Edited by lovelaos

Road trips are always fun How will you go car truck or motorbike ?

I always do like the drive through the national park

Many ways to go, Depending on time. Loop north along the boarder or head across

Not sure the interest in Sukhothai myself, but from there north on 101 or over to Tak and north, Bhumbol dam is well worth a stop just north of Tak, maybe even a nights stop

Yes Chiang Mai has grown but wonderful. so much to see and do. make a list and do what you want

Road trips are always fun How will you go car truck or motorbike ?

I always do like the drive through the national park

Many ways to go, Depending on time. Loop north along the boarder or head across

Not sure the interest in Sukhothai myself, but from there north on 101 or over to Tak and north, Bhumbol dam is well worth a stop just north of Tak, maybe even a nights stop

Yes Chiang Mai has grown but wonderful. so much to see and do. make a list and do what you want

I will be renting a car for this trip. One way, then fly down to Bkk after. I would love to do it by bike but not really practical this time. The reason I am visiting Sukhothai is to see a friend. Thanks for the tip about the damsite. Definitely be interested in that.

• 2 weeks later...