How Do You Earn Money In Thailand?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kenny, I really doubt many of the posters here make a living in Thailand, unless they have good jobs. Most will be living 2 lives. One here and another elsewhere, or have an independent income.

I live and earn my money here and it took 7 years to set up, no easy deal and I still struggle.

If an idea won't float in the west, chances are it won't work here.

I have seen them come and go, the ones that make it, have something to offer and the money and knowledge to see it through.

I think I have made it, but I took a big risk and gambled all. You can see what I do in my profile and I have a blog, of how I got here. Some say not a bad read. Jim

We dont ,its very hard to earn a living here for a Falang ,most of us have investments and pensions,thats why so many of us are older.

Thailand is a big drain for all our money, you just don't know it till is too late

Edited by givenall
  • Like 1

When people ask how do you make a living in Thailand they are often asking how to get a job in Thailand rather than building a business for which one needs capital.

And when they are asking how to get a job they are often asking from a position of having no technical skills or qualifications.

In short they are looking to finance their stay in Thailand rather than thinking about building a career.

It rarely works.

• Like 1

I've got a metal detector, i found a $7000 wedding ring on Lamai beach last week. Sometimes i sell stuff on ebay .

The larger part of my income comes from my gogo bar in Pattaya!

It all supplements my £100 a week pension from the U.K.

I forgot to mention my frog farm thats in the pipelinewink.png

trapping & selling wild birds.. 10,000thb+ for some of the smaller colourful varieties. Usually bag 10-30 a week. ph34r.png

rest of the week i just play hi lo, cards or buy lottery tickets and hope for the big win...

edit - oh, and dabble a bit with delusions of being a fantasy novelist (as yet, unpublished)

Edited by HansVilder

Only 1% of businesses make money, rest loose.

Where did you get your figure - guess work?

Yes agrees with my survey, I asked 100 local business's if they were making money. 100 replied 'yes making lots', reckoned 99 of them were lying and one was.Therefore 99% are losing money, see scientific !!