How Do You Earn Money In Thailand?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 1% of businesses make money, rest loose.

Where did you get your figure - guess work?

Yes agrees with my survey, I asked 100 local business's if they were making money. 100 replied 'yes making lots', reckoned 99 of them were lying and one was.Therefore 99% are losing money, see scientific !!

Come on we all know that 97% of surveys are made up and the other 6% is guess workthumbsup.gif

Edited by Kiggs

I do not work. But my wife who is a wig maker is making a fortune.

She gets real hair from some westerner who assures her that he has a never ending supply.

Not the best quality, long dirty and full of beads and stuffw00t.gif

Not sure where he gets it from, but does the jobwhistling.gif

• Like 2

OR, sometimes one has to return to there home country for a time and return. I think many do this, especailly those like myself who don't draw a retirement yet. And like you, we would like to get a hold of , make that business to stay full time. Like the fellow in a previous post that makes it on e-commerce one needs to be creative these days, thats an avenue I building myself because staying in thailand full time, not just eight months a year with my wife and family is my dream. Good luck.

If you want to work in Thailand you are pretty limited, Teaching, timeshare, real estate, SEO, IT or bad as they are boiler rooms. If a business, stick to the Thais, cheap restaurant or rooms for locals..many do work offshore so flit between Thailand and their next contract and then you have the retirees....

You're all gonna love this, especially those with a degree that can't find a job or are earning 25k per month. I have a year 10 education, am not particularly bright and I lied my way into a job 12 years ago. I am now a country manager of a huge international company, and despite being fairly incompetent, still manage to hold onto my job.

This is standard CV for Thai Managers, no need to feel special. There again we have Ben Bernanke in the highest Criminal Bankster position in the US whose solution to excessive debt is to....print money (you couldn't make this stuff up), might I suggest that many in positions of power are in fact imbeciles, albeit convincing imbeciles.

• Like 1

I earn all my money on the internet. Takes only about 4 hours each week doing it so you could say I'm semi-retired. Makes me 60k+ monthly. Easy living.

Is it a secret what ya do smile.png If not spill the beans we can all have a go.

No one is really sure what meatballs does or even how much he earns...it all seems to change on a weekly basis

• Like 1

Good thing is, you don't need real money in Thailand. Everyone here seems to accept this Thai Baht stuff.

I get mine from these green machines that spit it out when I stick my card in them. They seem to be everywhere, and many different colors, so I can't understand why some folks can't find Thai Baht here in Thailand.

Somehow, the supply in the green machine gets topped up every month around the first.

I think there may be some correlation with the oil company where I spend my days and too many of my nights, but I'm not really sure.

Edited by impulse

We dont ,its very hard to earn a living here for a Falang ,most of us have investments and pensions,thats why so many of us are older.

Thailand is a big drain for all our money, you just don't know it till is too late

You are dead right there, I am bankrupt, well nearly.

We dont ,its very hard to earn a living here for a Falang ,most of us have investments and pensions,thats why so many of us are older.

Thailand is a big drain for all our money, you just don't know it till is too late

You are dead right there, I am bankrupt, well nearly.

Not true. I came here 2.5 years ago and have more money now than when I first arrived. My money grows most months. It's difficult to overspend here, as most things are pretty cheap compared to back home.