Beer Lao Dark

They sometimes sell it in Makro. It was definitely there last month. Both the dark and light versions.

Approx 800 to 900 baht per case.

That would be incredibly cheap as it is priced at 43 for the light and 48 for the dark at Big C.

I know that is price per bottle, but if you buy bigger amounts the price normally goes up in Thailand biggrin.png

Edited by jbrain

They sometimes sell it in Makro. It was definitely there last month. Both the dark and light versions.

Approx 800 to 900 baht per case.

That would be incredibly cheap as it is priced at 43 for the light and 48 for the dark at Big C.

I know that is price per bottle, but if you buy bigger amounts the price normally goes up in Thailand biggrin.png

All i can suggest is Big C . It is where i buy it in Bangkok . Not cheap compared with other beer but worth it if you like a good beer. Never seen it in large bottle either.

Had a similar supply problem here in Phuket. Be careful of the manufacture date, Villa Mart was 12 months old !!, there is some old stock out there. Worth a call to Carlsberg in BKK, talk to Khun Jakob the sales manager tel. 08 6543 3365. or 02 180 2219. I found him very helpful.They are sponsoring the 10th. anniversary party's for Thai Visa. He should be able to give you the name of local distributor for Carlsberg / Lao products in Samui and the stock situation. You could mention that the manager of the Sports Club in Rawai Phuket passed on the info.

Good beer and good service.(now)

Cheers 'n' Beers.

' 69

Edited by sportsman69

• 2 weeks later...

Cases of Beer Lao in Makro today

Dark 928 baht

Light 899 baht

Beer Lao with a salami and cheese sandwich for lunch licklips.gif

The prices seem right and the lunch menu excellent. Most important is the date. Should be no earlier than 12 Jun 2012. Because of the lack of preservatives and chemicals, unlike Thai brewed beers it's, shelf life is not very long.

Cases of Beer Lao in Makro today

Dark 928 baht

Light 899 baht

Beer Lao with a salami and cheese sandwich for lunch licklips.gif

I have just returned from Makro and I couldn't find any Beer Lao. Is it in a secret place?

Disappointed!

Also tried Tesco and Big C ...Nada

sad.pngsad.png

Edited by Rooo

I have just returned from Makro and I couldn't find any Beer Lao. Is it in a secret place?

Disappointed!

sad.pngsad.png

It's between the wine sales cashier's desk and the beer aisle. About 6 cases of light and 6 cases of dark - next the the rack with the Bacardi Breezers. It is NOT with the beer.

it is next to the Soda Water. drunk.gif

Disappointed!

sad.pngsad.png

It's between the wine sales cashier's desk and the beer aisle. About 6 cases of light and 6 cases of dark - next the the rack with the Bacardi Breezers. It is NOT with the beer.

You have to buy salami and cheese also.

Edited by PoorSucker
  • Like 1

Disappointed!

sad.pngsad.png

Many thanks, am off on second foray today!!

Hi Gatorade - did you find the Beer Lao today?

I am enjoying one now.tongue.png

Got held up, am just about to start the foray. Hope you haven't taken the lot! Will report back.

Good luck, how's you dogs mushroom problem going BTW.

Got held up, am just about to start the foray. Hope you haven't taken the lot! Will report back.

His dog is on buckets now PS.

His dog is on buckets now PS.

Yessss! Found the Beer! Thanks.

Will be sampling the Dark one (Beer that is) later.

Dog moved on to new pastures.

• 2 months later...

Am I missing something?Tried Beer Lao for the first time this week and thought it was disgusting.Glad to be going to England for Christmas and some real seasonal ale all beer and no gas!!!!!! Merry Christmas everybody.

There's two beer Lao.

One light Lager, one dark.

You probably tasted the light one and is missing something.

beer-lao-dark-lager-wow-central-park-beijing-china.jpg

• 2 months later...