Beer Lao Dark

Just bought a case of Lao Dark at Makro, worked out at just under 39 baht/bottle.

Never tried it before but looking forward to a bottle or 2, or 3, or.......

Hey it's GOOD! 6.5% alc. burp.gifdrunk.gif

Careful, 6.5% = Big C lingo.

• Like 1

Have a friend going to Makro tomorrow so I hope they are not sold out.

Did you get it? If so , what is your verdict?
I'll find out this evening if he managed to pick up a slab before it was sold out. If it's something like Tooheys Old or Speights Old Dark I'll be delighted.

Have a friend going to Makro tomorrow so I hope they are not sold out.

Did you get it? If so , what is your verdict?
I'll find out this evening if he managed to pick up a slab before it was sold out. If it's something like Tooheys Old or Speights Old Dark I'll be delighted.

Await your opinion with interest.....I had some here.....

post-78923-0-36042100-1363198997_thumb.p

Works out 40 Baht a bottle in Laos....

Edited by smokie36

He forgot about it. I was however treated to unquestionably the worst spag. bol. I have ever had the misfortune to have partaken in which was made by his long term gf. I found out after that it consisted of pork mince, onion, carrot and a bottle and a half of tomato ketchup reduced (cooked) long enough to soften the diced carrots. No seasoning or herbs (basil ect) at all. One could come to the conclusion that she is hopeless in the kitchen but her Thai food is exquisite and she makes a damn good roast chicken with salad too. She has a heart of gold so I think perhaps I will give her a quick course on how to make a bog standard meat pasta sauce for her to work on in the future.

So, no Laos dark yet! Maybe I can persuade Jim to drop a case off for me? I'll pay for the beer and exchange the shitload of chocolate I still have in the fridge for transport.

• Like 1

He forgot about it. I was however treated to unquestionably the worst spag. bol. I have ever had the misfortune to have partaken in which was made by his long term gf. I found out after that it consisted of pork mince, onion, carrot and a bottle and a half of tomato ketchup reduced (cooked) long enough to soften the diced carrots. No seasoning or herbs (basil ect) at all. One could come to the conclusion that she is hopeless in the kitchen but her Thai food is exquisite and she makes a damn good roast chicken with salad too. She has a heart of gold so I think perhaps I will give her a quick course on how to make a bog standard meat pasta sauce for her to work on in the future.

So, no Laos dark yet! Maybe I can persuade Jim to drop a case off for me? I'll pay for the beer and exchange the shitload of chocolate I still have in the fridge for transport.

I'm shocked mate. Possibly even more than you!

Only that you ate any of it....tongue.png

• Like 1

I pushed as much of the sauce to one side as I could and covered the pasta with Parmasan cheese which I just happened to have in my bag. Now I'm back home thirsty as hell from the salt in the Parmasan but plenty of beer (not beer Laos dark) in the fridge. Pork chop defrosting as I type and sort of watching 'The good, the bad and the ugly'

[edit] to keep on topic. I'm disabled so getting to Makro myself is not very easy. Given the price of a taxi on Samui it could work out cheaper just to fly to Laos!

Edited by notmyself

I pushed as much of the sauce to one side as I could and covered the pasta with Parmasan cheese which I just happened to have in my bag. Now I'm back home thirsty as hell from the salt in the Parmasan but plenty of beer (not beer Laos dark) in the fridge. Pork chop defrosting as I type and sort of watching 'The good, the bad and the ugly'

[edit] to keep on topic. I'm disabled so getting to Makro myself is not very easy. Given the price of a taxi on Samui it could work out cheaper just to fly to Laos!

Good post....as you will note the Bedlam advice is to simply keep the beer cold! laugh.png

Best of luck in obtaining Beerlao Dark....it is well worth the wait in my opinion.

Best of luck in obtaining Beerlao Dark....it is well worth the wait in my opinion.

I've asked the local err...... Independent police force but come up empty. They do however do a good service on cases of large Chang which work out at 34 Baht a bottle but you have to return the empties in the case.

If I see some I will pickup, but think that chocolate must be getting past its "sell buy" date..... biggrin.pngtongue.png

• Like 1

If I see some I will pickup, but think that chocolate must be getting past its "sell buy" date..... biggrin.pngtongue.png

Plenty of Dark Beer Laos in Macro yesterdayclap2.gif

• Like 1

Crunchies are may, Old Jamaica is August and the Lindt is November Jim

Crunchies are may, Old Jamaica is August and the Lindt is November Jim

So how many cases did you want?biggrin.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Member Yorkie was ever so kind and dropped me off a case. Not bad but it does need to be seriously cold

Well done Yorkie

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Hey, it was well worth it for the gift of the Crunchie bars, cheers, NMS

I guess I slept at the wheel too long! w00t.gif ..... sad.png

Member Yorkie was ever so kind and dropped me off a case. Not bad but it does need to be seriously cold

Well done Yorkie

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Hey, it was well worth it for the gift of the Crunchie bars, cheers, NMS
I guess I slept at the wheel too long! w00t.gif ..... sad.png
Don't worry Jim. Still have 4 Chrunchies, 180g slab of Old Jamaican and 2 100g slabs of Lindt 'Excellence' 85% Cocoa left.
  • Like 1