Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page In Pattaya For Worthy Cause

webfact

I assume its the Korean or Japan made Yamaha then. Couldn't see the cheapo one going for that price, even to help charity. No doubt the new owner appreciates good guitars?

Its not really the guitar in this case which gives it, its value, its the signature on it,

a bog standard decent Martin is around US $ 5k, and this is a Yammy, one suspects if it was one of his own guitars ie used in a famous album or on stage, you would be talking even higher money, as based on the photo, this one doesnt look like its ever been played.

At the end of the day its all academic as they raised a good chunk of cash for a charity

I assume its the Korean or Japan made Yamaha then. Couldn't see the cheapo one going for that price, even to help charity. No doubt the new owner appreciates good guitars?

Its not really the guitar in this case which gives it, its value, its the signature on it,

a bog standard decent Martin is around US $ 5k, and this is a Yammy, one suspects if it was one of his own guitars ie used in a famous album or on stage, you would be talking even higher money, as based on the photo, this one doesnt look like its ever been played.

At the end of the day its all academic as they raised a good chunk of cash for a charity

thumbsup.gif Thank You!

So, a lot of old has-beens are coming to Pattaya. And this is news? LOL.

I guess you think Dr Dre or Eminem are musical genius', right?

I know this was not dirrected at me but...both Jimmy Page and Eminem are gunius'

Blasphemy to use the name of Jimmy Page in the same sentence as some 2 bit thug...

• Like 1

For those that continue to idolise LZ, and JP in particular, it might be worth looking at this recent book book published on the band:

Trampled Under Foot: The Power and Excess of Led Zeppelin by Barney Hoskyns

And this quote is from a recent review: "But it seems less likely that Page's behaviour was caused by some sort of deal with Satan than him apparently being a fairly nasty piece of work, selfish and mean and manipulative".

For my part I believe they're overrated, although I have some of their albums on my IPod. I have been impressed by Plant's post-LZ career though.

For those that continue to idolise LZ, and JP in particular, it might be worth looking at this recent book book published on the band:

Trampled Under Foot: The Power and Excess of Led Zeppelin by Barney Hoskyns

And this quote is from a recent review: "But it seems less likely that Page's behaviour was caused by some sort of deal with Satan than him apparently being a fairly nasty piece of work, selfish and mean and manipulative".

For my part I believe they're overrated, although I have some of their albums on my IPod. I have been impressed by Plant's post-LZ career though.

Great artists don't have to be nice people to make everybody feel all warm and fuzzy. That, we call the biographical fallacy. It's the art, not the person.

They aren't overrated. I'm impressed by Plant's pre-LZ career.