British Expat Killers Paid By Thai Wife

webfact

ExPat killers paid by Thai wife

By Staff Reporter

BANGKOK: -- Regular news reader will remember the sad story of a British Ex Pat who was gunned down outside his home in Northern Thailand.

At the time, numerous explanations were given to the police, including an argument his wife told them about with local “mafia”.

Now, according to a British tabloid The Sun, Police have confirmed the identity of the real killers, along with the fact that it was his own cash that paid for his slaughter.

According to the paper, Stephen Phillips, 59, was shot dead by two gunmen as he rode his motorbike.

The hitmen , who fired into his abdomen and both legs before putting a bullet in his head as he struggled to his door, were directly involved with his wife.

Cops in Baan Phai, Thailand, are said to have charged his wife Wilaiwan, 29, and two Thai men with conspiracy to murder.

One man, according to the newpaper, is believed to be her home town lover .

”Police think Stephen, from Manchester, may have unwittingly given his wife the cash to pay for his own execution as almost £12,000 had been withdrawn from his bank account. It is also believed that he had recently taken out a £200,000 life insurance policy.”

Full story: http://www.pattaya10...d-by-thai-wife/

-- pattaya103.com 2012-09-22

footer_n.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Premeditated murder can result in a life sentence or death penalty but executions is rarely carried out nowadays.

Unforunately. No real deterrent nowadays especially here where a few baht can get you killed or you can get someone killed

or get a much reduced sentence.

Murdered for a miserable £12,000,or the price of a run of the mill production car.

It's sad to think what some people will do for money,and the cheapness of a human life.

A friend of his 81-year-old mother in Manchester said: “He was back in the UK earlier this year and said he was not happy with his marriage.

RIP poor man who was not happy with her 'wife'

I know ban Phai live near and feel so sad....

Murdered for a miserable £12,000,or the price of a run of the mill production car.

It's sad to think what some people will do for money,and the cheapness of a human life.

I predict that the police will end up with the lion's share, and the culprits will eventually walk.

Not necessarily, if the sentence is eternal life, there is no parole.

• Like 1

Thai women are known for this around the world. Same as the philippines.

I read a lot of incidents of bad Thai women duping and harming Japanese men (published in Japanese magazines) in which

we rarely hear of here. Concerning the Filipina girls, they are not as bad as the Thai women, just that the filipinas bring their entire

village and family when you marry them.

Yes it could happen but thank god it does not.

Wow that's good to hear - for a minute there I thought this had really happened.

Please do not part quote like this as this gives misleading impressions as to what I have posted and could take it out of context

marshbags

• Like 2

Poor man my condolences to his family but alas this probably happens more than is publicized, I really do hope that the British Gov get involved and put pressure on the Thai authorities to bring the case to its rightful conclusion.

But I fear that if she has access to money she will walk, I had a close personal friend who was murdered by his wife's lover and her brother she managed to get her hands on his cash and is still free also there was the case of Donald Whitting (I think that is the correct spelling) in Hua Hin that is a horrific story, shot 6 times paralyzed from the neck down the woman who paid for him to be killed was caught attempting to cross into Laos or Cambodia she had 300,000 THB on her she gave up the shooters etc they in turn grassed on her and guess what the out come was? She spent a month or two in a temple to cleanse herself and has walked about free ever since.

The LoS definitely has it's dark side, and you really have to remember that 'Money is #1!

• Like 2

Yes it could happen but thank god it does not.

Wow that's good to hear - for a minute there I thought this had really happened.

Please do not part quote like this as this gives misleading impressions as to what I have posted and could take it out of context

marshbags

What context would that be? Your entire post is a rant about how you imagine something that you assert "does not happen" is being perceived.

Poor man my condolences to his family but alas this probably happens more than is publicized, I really do hope that the British Gov get involved and put pressure on the Thai authorities to bring the case to its rightful conclusion.

But I fear that if she has access to money she will walk, I had a close personal friend who was murdered by his wife's lover and her brother she managed to get her hands on his cash and is still free also there was the case of Donald Whitting (I think that is the correct spelling) in Hua Hin that is a horrific story, shot 6 times paralyzed from the neck down the woman who paid for him to be killed was caught attempting to cross into Laos or Cambodia she had 300,000 THB on her she gave up the shooters etc they in turn grassed on her and guess what the out come was? She spent a month or two in a temple to cleanse herself and has walked about free ever since.

The LoS definitely has it's dark side, and you really have to remember that 'Money is #1!

Just to get things right, the Thai lady being instrumental in the shooting of Donald Whitting, was doing this on behalf of her FARANG husband. A former drugdealer from the UK, who now is a (yes You guessed it) propertydeveloper in Hua Hin.
  • Like 1

And people discount these stories as urban legend, until the harsh truth comes to light.

What resonates for me with these stories is that the farang is / was usually clueless that any plot was taking place from those that live to tell the tale. Quite good actresses these little gold diggers are when baht is at stake.

• Like 2