Business Partners Withholding Financial Information

ChokDee1

Hello,

I'm in a bit of a tricky situation. Myself and my girlfriend are involved in a business partnership with two other foreigners.

My girlfriend is listed as our "Thai director" and the other director is one of the other foreigners.

Due to some disagreements, me and my girlfriend just want to sell our shares off and move onto something else as the situation is causing too much stress.

We have a potential buyer lined up, but he wants to have a look at our monthly financial reports before he makes his decision to fly out and meet with us.

The problem is, our partners are refusing to provide us with the financial information for our own company (I own more preferred shares than the other "director" who is refusing to provide us with the reports).

This delay may end up costing us the sale.

At first our accounting company said they would send us the reports for a free, which was fine, but before doing so, they called the foreign director to confirm and he told them not to provide us with the information.

It doesn't seem right that we're unable to get the monthly financial reports for our own business dispute the fact that my girlfriend is the Thai director.

What do you recommend we do and is what they're doing even legal? I would assume that we would have a right to view the reports.

Thanks in advance.