Indian Restaurant

pagallim

It's Mr. India that used to be in Chalong Plaza.

I'm an Indian food fan and you would do better going to Sabai Sabai restaurant in Taina road, Kata. Better and cheaper.

Never went back to Mr. India after he charged me 99 Baht for a serving of boiled rice.

Thanks for that. Yes, I've been to Sabai Sabai before, good food but slow service. Think it's a Nepalese couple that have it? Anyway, not looking for 'the best', just something reasonably local. Where on the east road is it?

Thanks for that. Yes, I've been to Sabai Sabai before, good food but slow service. Think it's a Nepalese couple that have it? Anyway, not looking for 'the best', just something reasonably local. Where on the east road is it?

Some local muslim curries work as an poor man's alternative for Indian food. Massaman curry etc. With rice, no naan.

I have tried indian food few times in Thailand (not very fancy places) and the taste just was not there.

It's Mr. India that used to be in Chalong Plaza.

I'm an Indian food fan and you would do better going to Sabai Sabai restaurant in Taina road, Kata. Better and cheaper.

Never went back to Mr. India after he charged me 99 Baht for a serving of boiled rice.

Yep, Sabai Sabia is the only place I go anymore. The Dubai in Kata was good but it's gone and I find the sister Dubai's in Patong to not be the same.

Shiva and Summee own Sabai Sabai. One is Nepalese the other Thai/Nepalese. They used to run the Dubai in Kata before it went, probably because all the customers followed Shiva to his new place. Small kitchen so not fast, but worth the wait. Getting take out for one I sometimes get it in less than 10 minutes. Often in a group of 6 and it can take an hour, but we get some onion baji as appetizers and those come right away, and are infinitely better then Mr. India's cow patty looking baji..

Well, we found 'Mister India' though didn't bother going inside. The large mound of rubble blocking the entrance wasn't exactly inviting, as was the bored looking Indian sitting outside.

However, not to be denied, we made our way to Sabai Sabai, which we've enjoyed before for it's good food. Sure enough, service was very slow, however there are worse ways of waiting than having an ice cold Singha or three for company smile.png.

We started with a couple of pakoras, one prawn and the other chicken. They came with a small selection of very good dips. The mains consisted of a very tender Lamb Rogan Josh, a Prawn Vindaloo, an Aloo Gobi, a Vegetable Jalfrezi, and a buttery Dal. A couple of different rices as well as some garlic nan's rounded things off. Needless to say we couldn't manage to eat it all, but no hardship as it'll taste just as good later this evening.

If I'm in the mood for Indian food in future, I don't think I'm even going to bother trying anywhere else than here. What is noticeable is the freshly prepared taste of everything, which obviously takes time, but well worth waiting for.

Some photos, click on them to enlarge.

post-62520-0-47725000-1348391162_thumb.j

post-62520-0-02450300-1348391177_thumb.j

post-62520-0-09114700-1348391193_thumb.j

post-62520-0-60793500-1348391208_thumb.j

post-62520-0-19289900-1348391230_thumb.j

post-62520-0-30600000-1348391244_thumb.j

post-62520-0-49330900-1348391265_thumb.j

post-62520-0-33053100-1348391290_thumb.j

post-62520-0-40587100-1348391307_thumb.j

post-62520-0-29983700-1348391325_thumb.j

post-62520-0-99976300-1348391344_thumb.j

post-62520-0-15589600-1348391374_thumb.j

post-62520-0-99953800-1348391393_thumb.j

I still miss the Curry Shack at Roxanne Bar.I used to pop in for a curry a couple of times a week.

I still buy the curries frozen as they are best I have tasted here but it was good to grab a curry when out on the

p--- .

There are few restaurants in the Chalong area that sell them but it's very rare I get up that way.

I wish he would open again in the Rawai area.

Pagallim....and the final bill was?

And thanks for the location update!!

Including the drinks, 1500 baht.

Great photos and report. I can't say enough about this place. I was in just after you yesterday. This time Shiva said "5 minutes." Literally 5 minutes and 200B later I had my Chicken Tikka Masala and 2 butter naan. My favorite food on earth.

Great photos and report. I can't say enough about this place. I was in just after you yesterday. This time Shiva said "5 minutes." Literally 5 minutes and 200B later I had my Chicken Tikka Masala and 2 butter naan. My favorite food on earth.

That's exactly what I have when I go there!

• Like 1

I live in Rawai so Mr India is nearest but from reading the reports and looking at the pictures that little bit extra milage looks well worh it look out Shiva I am coming round the coast for some good indian curry and appetisers.

I would say Mr. Asoke's place is closer (if he's still open). If I remember right, he's somewhere opposite Laguna in Rawai.

I live in Rawai so Mr India is nearest but from reading the reports and looking at the pictures that little bit extra milage looks well worh it look out Shiva I am coming round the coast for some good indian curry and appetisers.

I would say Mr. Asoke's place is closer (if he's still open). If I remember right, he's somewhere opposite Laguna in Rawai.

It's still open and still very good.