Shopping For Good Sunglasses

junglechef

I've been searching in the usual places with no luck looking for a pair of driving glasses, I prefer Seringetties or Persols but haven't been able to find anywhere that sells them in CM, but a place with a good selection of quality shades I'm sure I can find something that will do.

Also need a new pair of sport sunglasses for Mt. Biking, preferably ones with interchangeable lenses (esp. if the price is over 3000 bht). Been to most the bike shops but very limited selection of mainly expensive ones with names I am not familiar with (like Ruby which are not Rudy Project which I would also love to find). Can anybody point me in the right direction? (Hopefully closer than BKK!!)

eBay.

Sunglasses here suck. I bought an expensive pair in Hat Yai (from a relative). She warned me that the film could bubble or begin to peel around the edges and if so she would have them redone for me at the factory. Sure enough that happened even though I never left them in the sun or on the dashboard. Had them redone and now a year later -- same thing again.

About a year ago I saw a pair of expensive sunglasses, Italian brand same as I own, somewhere in Airport Plaza. Upon close inspection, they were fakes...for 6K THB. I paid US $100.00 for mine at Costco in the USA.

Thanks for the thoughts, seems like I'm where I started. As for the Military Shops I special ordered a good rechargeable flashlight from America which cost over 3000 bht and it #$*@ the bed after a few uses. I guess I should have bee suspect when the US flag on the box only had 30 stars, but seriously the printing was so blurry and it was obviously a fake. Now I don't trust anything they sell and I definitely don't want to pay real prices for fakes. Heard some of the fakes are pretty good, esp. for the price, but I do wonder what kind of protection my eyes are getting with them.

If polarized they can still offer zero uv protection right?

i think so, but my priority is polarized because it makes everything clearer. UV protection doesnt make things clearer. I also like like bronze tint because it also makes things even clearer vs dark grey.