Car Body Repairs

DD13

Hi Folks

Someone decided to make some changes to the rear wing of my Vigo while I was in a restaurant recently

The vehicle is as new, but I am reluctant to use the Toyota supplier as they will ask me to take the car to Chon Buri which is a bit of a nuisance

So some recomendations for a good body shop in the Pattaya area would be much appreciated

It is mainly scratches so I will pay cash for this repair

Many thanks

DD13

Right now the wait for repairs is about 2 months. My wife was rear-ended by a van and we took ours to Pattaya Garage on Sukhimvit in Pattaya. They seem to be a good shop and the other persons insurance is paying for the repairs. There is one other large garage that seems to be able to do quality work, but I forgot the name. I bought my Nissan in Bangkok but the local dealer gave me the name of the shop. So, it might be worth a stop to your dealer to ask if they can recommend a LOCAL shop.

I can recommend a bodyshop along Sukhumvit Road.It's called Mongkoljaroenyont Garage.

The address is 79/17, Moo 7, Sukhumvit Road Tel: 038423136.

It's located next door to the large showroom selling expensive cars - Range Rovers,Porsche,etc, on the side of Sukhumvit heading south. They have a large blue & white sign on their building.

I have used them several times. Always pleased with their work.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I can recommend a bodyshop along Sukhumvit Road.It's called Mongkoljaroenyont Garage.

The address is 79/17, Moo 7, Sukhumvit Road Tel: 038423136.

It's located next door to the large showroom selling expensive cars - Range Rovers,Porsche,etc, on the side of Sukhumvit heading south. They have a large blue & white sign on their building.

I have used them several times. Always pleased with their work.

Just had my car repaired here.....Good workmanship....paint matched perfectly.......Nice people who kept me informed of the progress by telephone .......I am very Happy with them.....Thank you for the recommendation

I had a few repairs done over the years and use those who were recommended. Being naive and trusting you get abused just the same as the cynical, bitter and twisted amongst us.

All were bad experiences as once again I was merely the farang to be ripped. So it cost me 7k no matter what the problem was; whether it was small or smaller: 7k then. 'Could you have a look at this?' I'd ask. 7k. 'Can you.....?' 7k. And so it went.

The work was abysmal by Euro standards but what can you do? It was paint slapped on with the same finesse a whore does her make-up in an alley. The filler was as smooth as the average pizza base and the lacquer sheen disappeared as fast as a 200 baht helmet fine.

I would expect to be disappointed, unfairly charged and told a pack of lies. So when they offer you a business card at the end of it all; accept it. You can always come on here and recommend some one.

I had a few repairs done over the years and use those who were recommended. Being naive and trusting you get abused just the same as the cynical, bitter and twisted amongst us.

All were bad experiences as once again I was merely the farang to be ripped. So it cost me 7k no matter what the problem was; whether it was small or smaller: 7k then. 'Could you have a look at this?' I'd ask. 7k. 'Can you.....?' 7k. And so it went.

The work was abysmal by Euro standards but what can you do? It was paint slapped on with the same finesse a whore does her make-up in an alley. The filler was as smooth as the average pizza base and the lacquer sheen disappeared as fast as a 200 baht helmet fine.

I would expect to be disappointed, unfairly charged and told a pack of lies. So when they offer you a business card at the end of it all; accept it. You can always come on here and recommend some one.

Yes I was experiencing similar in my local garage.....3000 baht was their favourite number.....had a couple of jobs done with them.....and the quality wasn't good, hence asking on here for suggestions......

These people didn't ask me to recommend them, actually they wouldn't know that I got their name from this site, but I just thought some people might like to know that I was happy with them....

It is no good for us to keep comparing here to our homelands, because this is Thailand, and we have chosen to live here .....sure a lot of things don't come up to what we are used to, (and I get frustrated also and have a "swear-up" to myself)....but if we cannot tolerate it, then we will just have to go back to where we came from....Then we might realise that it isn't "that" bad here after all

All that I hear from my family and friends in England is doom and gloom and that isn't just the weather lol

Edited by DD13