Moving To Pattaya, Best Bread Meat And Wine

monty1412

• 4 weeks later...

Libellous post removed, please read the Forum rules and in particular this one:

6) Not to post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.Defamation is the issuance of a false statement about another person, which causes that person to suffer harm. Libel involves the making of defamatory statements in a printed or fixed medium, such as a magazine or newspaper.

I thought Eric from Western Meats has gone to BKK and is no longer there. Was in a few days ago and there was some product in the freezers but all the showcases were empty. I like the bread from La Boulange bakery...It is sold in friendship,foodmart in jomtien as well as his bakery on 3rd road. I like the meat at prime beef..its on pattaya klang next to foodland supermarket..they also have good wine selection at foodland. For lamb..prob Makro is the best. La Bocca pizza is the best I have had here but agree with others that for delivery the NY Pizza house on 3rd road is the best and most reliable

Big C (Carrefour before) still has a fine selection of breads. Foodland has good selection of wines with weekly specials. They also have a reasonable deli. Baked goods at Foodland are not so hot in my opinion. Friendship has good wines and breads. I never buy bread from Tesco. Seems to be lots of pizza places in Pattaya. One of my favorites is the Cafe le Mars in south Jamthien, before you get to the Metro Condo.

• 2 months later...

G'Day peoples,

New to the Forum as a member but have been reading many articles in the past, especially looking for the produce side of things, Ill be moving to Pattaya very very soon, (me and the Missus) and am now a bit confused about where to get quality imported meats from in Pattaya.

Are there any straight answers from anyone who like there meats for at home BBQ? Really looking forward to the move and first meal upon the move will be a BBQ with what I hope is great steaks.

Looking forward to any constructive answers.

Thanks for any replies and will continue reading and searching.

Cheers all

DMroo

• 10 months later...

Welcome to Pratumnak.

Nearest to you, Continental Bakery & Foodmart for bread, some meats (Australian wagyu beef, eye fillet 1100baht) lots of wines. from Pramumnak right at Thappraya road lights and Foodmart is on the left before next lights...Continental Bakery is across the lights ...just.

Then:

Either Big C extra on Pattaya Klang or Central Festival for meats, wines & breads...Central for cheese.

It's worth going to Makro on Sukhumvit for general shopping and some meats & veg also fresh & frozen fish.

On Pratumnak, visit Tara Court for Breakfast...and meals generally..reasonably priced, clean comfortable and freindly staff. They do '"one plate" meals also, all 150 baht, Cottage pie, bangers & mash, beef stew etc

Very recently opened in Cozy Beach is Centara Grand...afternoon teas of scones with clotted cream & jam, pastries & sandwiches.

350baht....very nice place.

Good litte Italian is the Trattoria next to Foodmart, Giorgio is the owner....

Great choice of eateries and bars locally, you'll be spoiled (probably soiled too) for choice.

All the Best.

In