Hilton Dinner Buffet

jpatj

monday is BBQ day now

also its 350 baht net now for lunch and the ++ is included

Does anyone know what are the "signature dishes" on Saturday? I have someone over and was thinking about going there tomorrow. I have tried the Sunday brunch a few times (very nice worth the extra money for special occasions), but never Saturday lunch.

so the sunday brunch if worth 1200thb a person? Are the hours for sunday brunch any different than normal day lunch hours?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

monday is BBQ day now

Does anyone know what are the "signature dishes" on Saturday? I have someone over and was thinking about going there tomorrow. I have tried the Sunday brunch a few times (very nice worth the extra money for special occasions), but never Saturday lunch.

so the sunday brunch if worth 1200thb a person? Are the hours for sunday brunch any different than normal day lunch hours?

I don't think it is about the hours. It is about the selection, big variety as opposed to a "themed" offer, although I agree that the daily lunch prices sound very appealing.

I guess the Sunday price is also about offer and demand, that old economics basic. A lot more people go out on Sunday as a special treat of the week. So yes, for me it is worth it from time to time. It is usually quite full, so there must be other people who feel it is worth it too.

I don't think it is about the hours. It is about the selection, big variety as opposed to a "themed" offer, although I agree that the daily lunch prices sound very appealing.

I guess the Sunday price is also about offer and demand, that old economics basic. A lot more people go out on Sunday as a special treat of the week. So yes, for me it is worth it from time to time. It is usually quite full, so there must be other people who feel it is worth it too.

My question is in regards to the hours that they serve "brunch" cause where I'm from "brunch" is severed earlier than "lunch" and I wouldn't want to show up for Sunday brunch at the end.

Saturday lunch is focused on dessert.

... and in answer to the other question, the ++ is included in the 350 baht.

Saturday lunch is focused on dessert.

... and in answer to the other question, the ++ is included in the 350 baht.

sweet & sour fish, sea bass in sauce, seafood linguini, green curry, chicken goujons and chips, pizzas, crab fried rice, noodles, pumpkin soup , salad bar with chicken or ham and cheese wraps, sushi, maybe some shrimp

like tropo says many desserts

mouth watering yet?

Thanks tropo and timekeeper for the information. Last night having seen only the "focus on desserts" I got the idea it would be similar to the chocolate buffet of the Sukhotai in Bangkok and was going to give it a miss, but I see that there are enough things worth trying at least once!

Jayman, sorry I misunderstood the intention of your question. They start at 12 and not sure if until 15:00 or 15:30.

Thanks tropo and timekeeper for the information. Last night having seen only the "focus on desserts" I got the idea it would be similar to the chocolate buffet of the Sukhotai in Bangkok and was going to give it a miss, but I see that there are enough things worth trying at least once!

Jayman, sorry I misunderstood the intention of your question. They start at 12 and not sure if until 15:00 or 15:30.

Finish at 14:30

That seems like they start late for a Sunday brunch. So then the hours for lunch seem to be the same for all 7 days right?

That seems like they start late for a Sunday brunch. So then the hours for lunch seem to be the same for all 7 days right?

I don't know the hours for the Sunday Brunch. I would guess they could be longer and start earlier.

I wouldn't like to pay 1200 baht and rush. I find the lunch is a bit of a sh*t fight - busy and short. I don't really enjoy it for that reason. I prefer the more relaxed evening dining.

12 until 15-30 on sundays

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I finally made it in here for the wed hamburger/sandwich lunch. Took the wife and we both really enjoyed. Cheaper than other all you can eat type deals we go to and the food was quality. Left there stuffed and will definitely return. The price for the 2 of us with 2 bottles of water was like 820thb. Just the buffet was like 322.85thb ++ (7%+10%) or about 380thb per person all in.

Does anyone know what are the "signature dishes" on Saturday?

sweet & sour fish, sea bass in sauce, seafood linguini, green curry, chicken goujons and chips, pizzas, crab fried rice, noodles, pumpkin soup , salad bar with chicken or ham and cheese wraps, sushi, maybe some shrimp

Apart from the chicken and chips (which presumably is there for the ankle-biters anyway), all the other dishes are available on the other days of the week, though not necessarily every day according to the theme. The shrimp however are there every weekday, so I'm surprised that they might not have them every Saturday.

I go often for lunch on two weekdays (I'm not so keen on the themes the other days, and I avoid weekends because of the families) and I have found that they ring the changes on the hot dishes from week to week.

I finally made it in here for the wed hamburger/sandwich lunch. Took the wife and we both really enjoyed.

I find Wednesday to be far and away their dullest theme. I went once and just couldn't bring myself to pay for burgers, so I left and eat elsewhere.

I go to just burgers in Jomtien for 2 burgers with fries and a bottle of water and pay 360thb (they claim they are raising prices this week so beware). So for a few baht more to eat all I want and have a much larger selection of food like salads and deserts, I find this well worth it. That doesn't even touch on the ambiance of eating in the Hilton vs on the street in Jomtien.

Of course, to each his own.

on a side note, either you don't like burgers or you found a place to get them without paying? I specifically went on Wed cause I like burgers and sandwiches and I was not disappointed I would not go on the pizza/pasta day or the Thai food day as those things I find better at other places.

Edited by Jayman
  • Like 1

I finally made it in here for the wed hamburger/sandwich lunch. Took the wife and we both really enjoyed.

I find Wednesday to be far and away their dullest theme. I went once and just couldn't bring myself to pay for burgers, so I left and eat elsewhere.

I go to just burgers in Jomtien for 2 burgers with fries and a bottle of water and pay 360thb (they claim they are raising prices this week so beware). So for a few baht more to eat all I want and have a much larger selection of food like salads and deserts, I find this well worth it. That doesn't even touch on the ambiance of eating in the Hilton vs on the street in Jomtien.

on a side note, either you don't like burgers or you found a place to get them without paying? I specifically went on Wed cause I like burgers and sandwiches and I was not disappointed I would not go on the pizza/pasta day or the Thai food day as those things I find better at other places.

I think his point is that te price doesn't justify the food item, and I can agree with him, because if you say that 360 Bht for 2 burgers is acceptable I would say that I can find better food for that price.But hey, same as I posted in the sunrise thread, it's probably an American thing. Edited by jbrain

I think his point is that te price doesn't justify the food item, and I can agree with him, because if you say that 360 Bht for 2 burgers is acceptable I would say that I can find better food for that price.But hey, same as I posted in the sunrise thread, it's probably an American thing.

Not sure what "american" has to do with it. If I want a burger, I want a good burger. I have tried all the places recommended here on TVF. Some will claim that hole in one is the best for the cheapest. I would argue that's not true. It's not the worst and I have had several burgers there. I like Just burgers as well. I like Carl's Jr on occasion. I don't much care for McD or BKing.

Food is a personal taste. What I enjoy on a burger, you might not. What I liked about Hilton is that they will cook it how you like it and have many toppings to add to it. bacon, blue cheese, pepperoni, mozzarella, grilled mushrooms, grilled onions, pickles, and so on....

Please tell me another place where I can get a good burger for a reasonable price and I am happy to go try it out.

You say "better food" but are you talking better burgers? You can't compare local thai food to western food. Sure I love Thia food and no doubt there is plenty of very "good" thai food to be had for reasonable price. But let's compare apples to apples here.

We are not talking about where is the cheapest place to get your stomach filled.

Edited by Jayman
  • Like 1

]I think his point is that te price doesn't justify the food item, and I can agree with him, because if you say that 360 Bht for 2 burgers is acceptable I would say that I can find better food for that price.But hey, same as I posted in the sunrise thread, it's probably an American thing.

Not sure what "american" has to do with it. If I want a burger, I want a good burger. I have tried all the places recommended here on TVF. Some will claim that hole in one is the best for the cheapest. I would argue that's not true. It's not the worst and I have had several burgers there. I like Just burgers as well. I like Carl's Jr on occasion. I don't much care for McD or BKing.

Food is a personal taste. What I enjoy on a burger, you might not. What I liked about Hilton is that they will cook it how you like it and have many toppings to add to it. bacon, blue cheese, pepperoni, mozzarella, grilled mushrooms, grilled onions, pickles, and so on....

Please tell me another place where I can get a good burger for a reasonable price and I am happy to go try it out.

You say "better food" but are you talking better burgers? You can't compare local thai food to western food. Sure I love Thia food and no doubt there is plenty of very "good" thai food to be had for reasonable price. But let's compare apples to apples here.

We are not talking about where is the cheapest place to get your stomach filled.

With the American thing I had the intention that for us Europeans a burger is considered fast food, we mainly know burgers from the McD and burger king chains.

Probably what steak is for us is what a burger is for you, and that is what I had in mind with better quality food for that price.

]I think his point is that te price doesn't justify the food item, and I can agree with him, because if you say that 360 Bht for 2 burgers is acceptable I would say that I can find better food for that price.But hey, same as I posted in the sunrise thread, it's probably an American thing.

With the American thing I had the intention that for us Europeans a burger is considered fast food, we mainly know burgers from the McD and burger king chains.

Probably what steak is for us is what a burger is for you, and that is what I had in mind with better quality food for that price.

Huh.. you think what steak is for you is what burgers are for Americans? What an odd thing to say.

McDonalds is to burgers what Pizza Hut is to Pizza. People may like it or may get it for the convenience but to think that Pizza Hut or McDonalds et al represents all that a pizza or burger can be is just uninformed.

I have no idea what you mean by what steak is for you and how it would be like a burger is for us...but I'm curious. (Needless to say, Americans eat lots of good steak and know what that is).

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

• Like 1

McDonalds is to burgers what Pizza Hut is to Pizza. People may like it or may get it for the convenience but to think that Pizza Hut or McDonalds et al represents all that a pizza or burger can be is just uninformed.

I have no idea what you mean by what steak is for you and how it would be like a burger is for us...but I'm curious. (Needless to say, Americans eat lots of good steak and know what that is).

I think he's just being pretentious.

Oh, I get it. Americans don't know what cultured folks eat -- we all eat fast food. Just like we don't know what good movies are or good music is (despite the fact that we produce so much of both).

Oh, to be European! (If only we had the epicurean delights of Britain!)

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm this is still accurate..

These are on a rotational basis, with seven days and seven themes:

Mon - Wrap & Roll (THB 300 / Dinner THB 700)

Tue - Pizza Pasta (THB 300 / Dinner THB 700)

Wed - Sandwich & Burger (THB 300 / Dinner THB 700)

Thu - Asian Noodles (THB 300 / Dinner THB 700)

Fri - Seafood (THB 400 / Dinner THB 900)

Sat - Signature dishes & Huge dessert buffet (THB 300 / Dinner THB 700)

Sun - Brunch (THB 1200 / Dinner THB 700)

The Sunday brunch is accurate and you can add free flow wine for 600 thb more. Wide selection including imported oysters, Alaskan king crab, grilled seafood, etc. Plenty of Thai dishes as well. Service was superb.

My wife and I went three weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed it.

They also have a kiddie corner with a teacher, games, etc., so you can eat in peace if you have to bring the toddlers along

Edited by WaywardWind

The Sunday brunch is accurate and you can add free flow wine for 600 thb more. Wide selection including imported oysters, Alaskan king crab, grilled seafood, etc. Plenty of Thai dishes as well. Service was superb.

They also have a kiddie corner with a teacher, games, etc., so you can eat in peace if you have to bring the toddlers along

It's accurate but the prices have gone up a little. Not much.. we paid like 322thb for the wed lunch and that is before the 10% service and 7% vat. So that's like 380thb per person. Drinks not included.

post-32036-0-11726400-1351840817_thumb.j

We were very please indeed and will be returning.

Edited by Jayman

It's accurate but the prices have gone up a little. Not much.. we paid like 322thb for the wed lunch and that is before the 10% service and 7% vat. So that's like 380thb per person. Drinks not included.

post-32036-0-11726400-1351840817_thumb.j

We were very please indeed and will be returning.

The only one that I have knowledge of is the Sunday brunch - 1200 for the meal, and 600 for free flow wine. Current as of 3 weeks ago. Will definitely return for the Sunday brunch and very likely try some of the other days/meals as well.

I wouldn't pay 360B for burgers anywhere, but I agree that if you are going to pay such a high price for burgers you are far better off paying it at the Hilton.

I wouldn't pay 360B for burgers anywhere, but I agree that if you are going to pay such a high price for burgers you are far better off paying it at the Hilton.

I think i paid 269 baht for the Big Carls burger meal the other day and when I looked at BK their prices were much the same.

So the Hilton seems like a good deal for those prices depending on the quality of the burger of course.

In case anyone is still wondering, the full price including the ++, is:

380B Monday-Thursday and Saturday.

420B Friday

1200B Sunday

Water is 30B. Coffee is just over 100B. Beer is from about 130B. Ice is free.

Evenings are about twice the price, for a somewhat larger and more expensive selection of ingredients.

• 5 months later...

Can anyone compare the 900 baht seafood buffet to the Pullman Saturday night buffet?

That's also 850/900 baht per head but includes half a bottle of drinkable wine per head as well. Service was very good the first time but the second time (about 5 weeks ago) only okay. It is also next to the pool and even inside is very casual.

I just rang to book for 5 at the Pullman Saturday Buffet, @ 1990baht a head I quickly cancelled the booking.

That is outrageously expensive