Thaksin Says Yingluck Will Avert Political Crisis

webfact

He has no right to meddle in Thai politics since he is persona non grata. He has about as much right as I do to meddle in Thai Goverment.

the press ask his opinion, he gives it, they print it. More about the press continually fanning the flames, which so many fall for.

Amazing how "his opinion" invariably is the course of action his government takes.

The press ask his opinion probably to speed up the process of finding answers on these plans and thus bypass the unnecessary step of asking his proxy.

eg. put the total constitution re-write on hold in favor of specific amendment changes of the OP.

With respect, even the most unsavvy of political observers knew that was going to happen the moment the constitutional court acted unconstitutionally. They even suggested it!

All the time political luddites like the dems and their yellow shirt backers (in this case) were prepared to threaten using article 68 over a complete re write of the constitution with its, dare I say, more democratic approach of having a group of elected and appointed citizens to formulate it there has only been one other option. Rewriting the constitution section by section by parliamentary vote of politicians (and a large PTP/Coalition majority) is now the way on with no citizens allowed any where near it.

And all because of the paranoid ravings of an emasculated opposition. You reap what you sew.

Thaksin whitewashing himself and his cronies from crimes is unacceptable and will not happen.

With respect, even the most unsavvy of political observers knew that was going to happen the moment the constitutional court acted unconstitutionally. They even suggested it!

All the time political luddites like the dems and their yellow shirt backers (in this case) were prepared to threaten using article 68 over a complete re write of the constitution with its, dare I say, more democratic approach of having a group of elected and appointed citizens to formulate it there has only been one other option. Rewriting the constitution section by section by parliamentary vote of politicians (and a large PTP/Coalition majority) is now the way on with no citizens allowed any where near it.

And all because of
the paranoid ravings
of an emasculated opposition. You reap what you sew.

The paranoid ravings come from one man. Thaksin Shinawatra. Let us not forget that the proposed constitutional changes were intended precisely and specifically to permit Thaksin to return to Thailand with his convictions overturned and his monies returned. The so-called political crisis is purely created by Thaksin and his forces continuing to pressure and force a decision through with or without the decision of the constitutional court. His statement re the Yingluck government is to say that somehow she has navigated through a crisis...created by him! In short he is pausing for breath but as usual blaming the other side for doing something of his own making. The above contribution just a crass effort to paint the other side in accordance with the Thakin agenda. The forum Thaksin apologists really do stretch one's incredulity.

Please don't alter my post, I understand its against forum rules - the bold markings make it look as if I was emphasising that part of my post.

As far as your reply is concerned - I find it slightly hard to believe that you know what the propsed constitutional changes were to achieve - there were at least 5 versions of proposals from differing sources such as Chalerm, the Nitirat Group etc. Yet
you
, and your peers, know that

"the proposed constitutional changes were intended precisely and specifically to permit Thaksin to return to Thailand with his convictions overturned and his monies returned'

OK,
Which
specific changes are to be made to the constitution to enable this to happen? If the dems and their flunkies hadn't derailed the the 3rd reading of the constitutional ammendment to allow the formation of the CDA there could have been a group of citizens and appointed experts (appointed from the recommendations of ALL parties) formulating the new constitution now. How would they have been sheparded to make

"the proposed constitutional changes were intended precisely and specifically to permit Thaksin to return to Thailand with his convictions overturned and his monies returned'

- Please tell me how that would have worked?

If there is anyone stretching credulity here, it's not me or any alleged forum Thaksin Apologists.

That's a lot of "Thasksin says", "Thaksin defends", Thaksin announces".....etc... for a wanted fugitive.

He's making it pretty obvious,that he is still in charge, controlling Thailand,and making sure the Constitution will be changed in his favour.He's never going to give up his personal business.........which is Thailand!

Lord help the people!

That's a lot of "Thasksin says", "Thaksin defends", Thaksin announces".....etc... for a wanted fugitive.

He's making it pretty obvious,that he is still in charge, controlling Thailand,and making sure the Constitution will be changed in his favour.He's never going to give up his personal business.........which is Thailand!

Lord help the people!

Well I suppose "Thaksin says...." is better than that other imbecile "Plopadop says..." we have been getting the last couple of weeks...biggrin.png

Come on, people.... get real! Why should Thaksin declare his net worth now? He never did so before.

And as for all the news stories we see on a daily basis don't forget he is in effect running the country and so what he thinks and says is actually more insightful that everything the official government says put together.... even if it is bunkum.

And all because of
the paranoid ravings
of an emasculated opposition. You reap what you sew.

The paranoid ravings come from one man. Thaksin Shinawatra. Let us not forget that the proposed constitutional changes were intended precisely and specifically to permit Thaksin to return to Thailand with his convictions overturned and his monies returned. The so-called political crisis is purely created by Thaksin and his forces continuing to pressure and force a decision through with or without the decision of the constitutional court. His statement re the Yingluck government is to say that somehow she has navigated through a crisis...created by him! In short he is pausing for breath but as usual blaming the other side for doing something of his own making. The above contribution just a crass effort to paint the other side in accordance with the Thakin agenda. The forum Thaksin apologists really do stretch one's incredulity.

Please don't alter my post, I understand its against forum rules - the bold markings make it look as if I was emphasising that part of my post.

As far as your reply is concerned - I find it slightly hard to believe that you know what the propsed constitutional changes were to achieve - there were at least 5 versions of proposals from differing sources such as Chalerm, the Nitirat Group etc. Yet
you

OK,
Which
specific changes are to be made to the constitution to enable this to happen? If the dems and their flunkies hadn't derailed the the 3rd reading of the constitutional ammendment to allow the formation of the CDA there could have been a group of citizens and appointed experts (appointed from the recommendations of ALL parties) formulating the new constitution now. How would they have been sheparded to make

If there is anyone stretching credulity here, it's not me or any alleged forum Thaksin Apologists.

I'm afraid that it is you that is doing more than stretching credibility but torturing it.

First you take the red-shirt & PTP propaganda at face value by declaring that the CC unconstitutionally interfered in the re-write of the constitution.

Second you state: 'more democratic approach of having a group of elected and appointed citizens to formulate it'. If you believe that that's what they were going to do, you are very gullible. How you can believe any group of politicians actually doing what they say they will do is beyond me.

The re-write (not amendment) of the constitution was never close to being transparent. So, it is rather difficult to work out what they intended to do.

They did make it clear that the constitution re-write, together with the Thaksin amnesty bill would curtail the power of the CC and any other of the checks & balances that PTP didn't like.

• Like 2

And all because of the paranoid ravings of an emasculated opposition. You reap what you sew.

(Edit to add bold type face removed now that yoshiwara has been reminded of the Forum Rules)

you

OK,
Which

I'm afraid that it is you that is doing more than stretching credibility but torturing it.

First you take the red-shirt & PTP propaganda at face value by declaring that the CC unconstitutionally interfered in the re-write of the constitution.

Second you state: 'more democratic approach of having a group of elected and appointed citizens to formulate it'. If you believe that that's what they were going to do, you are very gullible. How you can believe any group of politicians actually doing what they say they will do is beyond me.

The re-write (not amendment) of the constitution was never close to being transparent. So, it is rather difficult to work out what they intended to do.

They did make it clear that the constitution re-write, together with the Thaksin amnesty bill would curtail the power of the CC and any other of the checks & balances that PTP didn't like.

If you knew more about the constitution of Thailand and how it is changed than you appear to it may have been worth explaining. Please point out exactly where the constitutional court stayed within their remit when accepting a complaint under Article 68 by all means.

You can explain why they insisted that in one case (regarding the call for dissolution of the Democrat party) that the call should have been routed via the AG and then changed the rules to say that it doesn't have to be routed through the AG this time, in complete disregard of their own written guidelines both in print and on the web site.

You could discuss why they even took on a complaint about article 68 when if they knew their own own constitution they would have realised that Section 291, which had to be changed in order for the formation of the CDA, by definition forbids any chance of change to the constitution with the King as Head of State, so the accusation was a false one.

Well you could if you understood what any of that meant with regard to the "constitutional crisis".
Edited by TheKrayTriplet

He say's he's done with politics but all you hear is WE WE WE

The government is still run via his elected puppets while he jets around the world visiting his cronies.

As for Yingluk dealing with politics, she does a runner when the heat gets turned up & leaves a trusted advisor to make the speeches.

Yes, it is strange that the topic about Yingluck averting a political crisis is littered with admissions that he is running things.

I don't think I'm wrong in believing that this politically immature figurehead hasnt the nouse to come up with this devious scheme.

she cant even debate the policies of her Government. she hasnt proved she has a clue about leadership.

Apart from that - please stop including Thaksin propaganda topics

• Like 2

The government is still run via his elected puppets while he jets around the world visiting his cronies.

As for Yingluk dealing with politics, she does a runner when the heat gets turned up & leaves a trusted advisor to make the speeches.

Yes, it is strange that the topic about Yingluck averting a political crisis is littered with admissions that he is running things.

I don't think I'm wrong in believing that this politically immature figurehead hasnt the nouse to come up with this devious scheme.

she cant even debate the policies of her Government. she hasnt proved she has a clue about leadership.

A lot of people in Thailand want to know what Thaksin says and a large subset of those people actually like what he says. That's why he's in the papers. That's why it looks like he can influence the nation from abroad, see?

Every day now Thaksin is preaching his continuing involvement. His claims he is done with politics etc. I wonder if the courts can put a gag order on him? coffee1.gif

Why would a foreigner want to gag one of 'Asia's Most Notables' I wonder?

Every day now Thaksin is preaching his continuing involvement. His claims he is done with politics etc. I wonder if the courts can put a gag order on him? coffee1.gif

Oh. I don't know, it could be that every time he pokes his head above the parapet and moves his lips, it causes damage to the country and sometimes needless deaths occur.

Something along those lines.

If you really care about the down-trodden of this country, which I doubt you do, the first step to enlightenment is first, live here for a while, and the second step is remove your head from a place that it shouldn't be in.

Edited by Thaddeus
  • Like 2

It will also shelve a bill granting a broad amnesty that would include him - until the timing is right, he said.

Scary thought. I wonder what will come of this when Asia forms a union (which is on the horizon) Where would that put Thai politics as we see them today?

In the dustbin were it belongs.

If you knew more about the constitution of Thailand and how it is changed than you appear to it may have been worth explaining. Please point out exactly where the constitutional court stayed within their remit when accepting a complaint under Article 68 by all means.

You can explain why they insisted that in one case (regarding the call for dissolution of the Democrat party) that the call should have been routed via the AG and then changed the rules to say that it doesn't have to be routed through the AG this time, in complete disregard of their own written guidelines both in print and on the web site.

You could discuss why they even took on a complaint about article 68 when if they knew their own own constitution they would have realised that Section 291, which had to be changed in order for the formation of the CDA, by definition forbids any chance of change to the constitution with the King as Head of State, so the accusation was a false one.

Well you could if you understood what any of that meant with regard to the "constitutional crisis".

Loose translation: 'This is not about Thaksin'

(Pause for laughter)

• Like 1

A lot of people in Thailand want to know what Thaksin says and a large subset of those people actually like what he says. That's why he's in the papers. That's why it looks like he can influence the nation from abroad, see?

I'll let your patronising go.

However, I doubt very much that his supporters follow the news. I imagine they base their knowledge/beliefs via different sources to the newspapers.

But of course, I don't have an inside track and can only form, and express, my opinion

The structure of your post gives the impression you have an answer to express.

If so, what is it you 'wonder'?

Loose translation: 'This is not about Thaksin'

(Pause for laughter)

I'm sorry - you make accusations about a constitutional process that you don't understand and you come up with that as a response?

Remember writing this?

You should do, it was only yesterday afternoon.
Edited by TheKrayTriplet