Anything New Regarding Non Imm O?

Heading to Manila (as usual), next month.

Will same time also visit the Thai embassy there for a Non Imm O visa.

Did this 6 months ago as well.

However, last time the person behind the counter told me I had to bring with me an "invitation letter" written by my wife, in addition to the regular paper work.

is this just the lady behind the desk being difficult again, or actually a new (or old) rule?

One more question: has there been any changes to the regulations (or paper work, etc) in regards to a Non Imm O application, the last 12 months?

If yes, appreciate help.

Normal requirement is copy of wife ID card and home register and some will ask for a letter written by her (just short note) asking for visa to be issued to help confirm ongoing relationship. Currently Savannakhet is Laos is the best option and will provide a multi entry visa valid for one year with above documents.

Are you getting multi entry in Manila?

Never asked for one.

I normally just ask for single.

I don't go anywhere else as soon as Im back again to Thailand.

I'm a seafarer so when I'm off again, I'm sometimes away for quite some time.

Anyhow, there are so few people (customers) in the embassy in Manila, it normally only takes 25-30 minutes (before noon) and finished.

When pick up of Visa (in the afternoon after a few days), waiting time is normally 15 minutes.

Only issue is one of the people working there (a lady), as she seems to try as much as possible to make it difficult.

The guys behind the counter are all ok.

That Embassy has a very long history of being less than accommodating although a few recent reports has been a bit more positive than previously so good to have your report.

I have used it many times, due to my travel to Manila.

The only person I have had issues with is the lady (the very same last 6-7 years), as she seems to be very dedicated in looking for issues she can point out.

One time she told me the pictures I had with me (not the one in my avatar), which was new, were not good enough, and I had to rush to a Shopping mall to get new ones.

One time she wanted me to write the private letter to the consul, explaining why I choose that embassy, and not the one in my home country.

One time she wanted me to buy travel checks and make xerox copies of them, which I had to sign (10 x 100 Dollars).

Several issues with her.

I learned the lesson, and always make sure she can not catch me in anything.

No serious issues after that.

I remember a Dutch gentleman getting very angry infront of her.

He shouted "you telling me I have to fly all the way back to Holland to do this"?

Im not sure what it was about.

She said yes, and he screamed F...k the Philippines, and stormed out.

She was screaming for security.

Needless to say, I was nervous when she was the one calling my number in the line.

I have a feeling someone once upon a time screwed her seriously over, and now she is very bitter.

One day, after I had delivered paperwork, I had lunch across the street.

Suddenly, the same lady popped up as well, with a date.

A secret date.

An other applicant for visa to Thailand (I recognized him from earlier).

An African gentleman whom did not speak too good English.

She noticed me and was very embarrassed.

I do not why she was embarrassed. I guess there is some sort of ethics rule?

I was nervous next time, but all went well.

That Embassy has a very long history of being less than accommodating although a few recent reports has been a bit more positive than previously so good to have your report.

I have used it many times, due to my travel to Manila.

The only person I have had issues with is the lady (the very same last 6-7 years), as she seems to be very dedicated in looking for issues she can point out.

One time she told me the pictures I had with me (not the one in my avatar), which was new, were not good enough, and I had to rush to a Shopping mall to get new ones.

One time she wanted me to write the private letter to the consul, explaining why I choose that embassy, and not the one in my home country.

One time she wanted me to buy travel checks and make xerox copies of them, which I had to sign (10 x 100 Dollars).

Several issues with her.

I learned the lesson, and always make sure she can not catch me in anything.

No serious issues after that.

I remember a Dutch gentleman getting very angry infront of her.

He shouted "you telling me I have to fly all the way back to Holland to do this"?

Im not sure what it was about.

She said yes, and he screamed F...k the Philippines, and stormed out.

She was screaming for security.

Needless to say, I was nervous when she was the one calling my number in the line.

I have a feeling someone once upon a time screwed her seriously over, and now she is very bitter.

One day, after I had delivered paperwork, I had lunch across the street.

Suddenly, the same lady popped up as well, with a date.

A secret date.

An other applicant for visa to Thailand (I recognized him from earlier).

An African gentleman whom did not speak too good English.

She noticed me and was very embarrassed.

I do not why she was embarrassed. I guess there is some sort of ethics rule?

I was nervous next time, but all went well.

They have a twin of this lady at the RTC in Singapore or at they least used to until I permanently gave up on them. She rules the hordes of humble supplicants (a.k.a. visa seekers) with a flaming sword. Had an endless repertoire of hoops to make people jump through and there was never a visit without at least one person in the queue having a complete meltdown. I was always praying that it wouldn't be the person directly ahead of me.

One time I actually asked to speak with the Vice-Consul in charge of the Visa section, who turned out to be a very pleasant gentleman. However, even he seemed to be intimidated by this woman, as he kept glancing nervously at her behind the window and finally declined to intervene with a shrug and a roll of the eyes.

I would not be surprised if the people behind the counters are more familiar with the rules than the bureaucrats (consuls, etc), thus they have some sort of (knowledge)power they can show.

The Consuls probably want to keep the same staff so they do not have to end up in a situation where they must train a new person. That can be embarrassing, after years with luncheons, etc.

• 1 month later...

Back from Manila.

Got my Non Imm O.

The aforementioned lady had her field day.

One applicant after another were just dismissed.

Was horrifying to watch.

It was a bloodbath.

I got more and more nervous, as I suddenly realized my pictures were 7 months old.

Most annoying issue is the fact that we are given these 30 years old used laminated number cards.

Turned out after a while that people coming after me were given lower numbers (cards already returned), than my number.

Thus I was last in line all the time.

Trying to explain this to the lady, resulted in being ignored by her.

Was just about to ask if there was any official form I could have, due to the formal complaint I wanted to make (about her)

Finally, when she was having one of her amazingly many breaks, another person took care of me.

It went well.

Unless you need to go to Manila (as I must), avoid it.

Normal requirement is copy of wife ID card and home register and some will ask for a letter written by her (just short note) asking for visa to be issued to help confirm ongoing relationship. Currently Savannakhet is Laos is the best option and will provide a multi entry visa valid for one year with above documents.

This. ^^^

I just recently got my Non Im O from Savannakhet with the documentation listed above - no problem, they just issued the visa straight away

Sent from my GT-S5570B using Thaivisa Connect App

Los Angeles and WDC also have similar annoying females applying often ranfom and arbitrary rules in addition to following the strict and vague rules already in place.

Abdolutely aggro!

Neither of which are Thais.. The shrew who handles visa's in Washington is Serbian and definitely has a chip on her shoulder . She called me and demanded extra copies of my application even though I provided exactly what the web site required , but before I could mail them the Vice Consul issued and mailed me my O-A Multiple. Fortunately I now use the Consulate in New York, who have a young Thai Foreign Service Officer handling Visa's

I asked them to cancel the expired visas with a stamp (to expedite airport processing since I now have 6 ) and he told me they did not have a stamp but instead used a pen and put a line through the expired ones

This. ^^^

I just recently got my Non Im O from Savannakhet with the documentation listed above - no problem, they just issued the visa straight away

Sent from my GT-S5570B using Thaivisa Connect App

I am in the same boat and need a new Visa ASAP. I noticed you said Savannakhet. Is it not possible to get this done in Vientiane?

Thanks!

The multi entry without financials is not normally issued at local Consulates - Savannakhet is the only reliability confirmed local place for issue. Others in the area will want some form of financial proof, normally ranging from 100k to 400k in bank account. If you have 100k KL in Malaysia is a good option. If you only need a single entry then any consulate should be fine.