Thai Luxury Resort To Ban Children

Boater

The Akyra Chura Samui luxury resort will soon ban children from the hotel, reported etravelblackboardasia.com last week.

This will make the resort the second hotel in Thailand to accept bookings only for adults, next to Layana Resort & Spa in Krabi

From November 1, children under the age of 12 will not be allowed at the one-year-old resort which is located by Chaweng Noi beach on Koh Samui island. The hotel said this is because demand has grown quickly for more private, couples-oriented holiday experiences and the change was a very natural progression to which the resort was perfectly suited.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Travel/Chunk-HT-UI-TravelSectionPage-TravelStories/Thai-luxury-resort-to-ban-children/Article1-935353.aspx

A perfectly sensible decision made by a business. I see nothing wrong or sinister with their choice. Not every venue need be 'kid friendly'.

Totally agree, nothing wrong, if you see how some kids behave (usually the parents fault) and staff if unable to intervene, why not ban the little rascals all together.

up to them. allot of these hotels and resorts are too dangerous for children anyway and they should ban kids for the kids protection as to the structure of them

there business they can do as they please. infact if it is a swingers joint i might march up there from time to time.

any ladies fancy taking a walk on the wild side come on baby yeah !!!

i put the Ger in swinger baby !!

• Like 1

Swings but no kids allowed?

How does that work then Boater??

ill wait for BigC to post and explain !

maybe for adult babies huge demand for adult baby clinics in america i sore on jerry swinger.

also swings can be used in other ways. i had a strange experience on a swing in amsterdam which was interesting

Edited by BigC

Have you considered a smartphone with voice recognition BigC?

They have many languages....cockney, scouse or even taff.

They've given up on Aussie though due to problems with high pitcjed squealing.

Tell us more about the swinging over 60's in the meantime....

Maybe 18 months back I stayed at a very nice place near the airport which did not allow kids. Don't remember the name and can't go back and check because I didn't book nor pay for it which is just as well as it was B180 for a small Chang (I remember that though I wasn't paying)

Maybe 18 months back I stayed at a very nice place near the airport which did not allow kids. Don't remember the name and can't go back and check because I didn't book nor pay for it which is just as well as it was B180 for a small Chang (I remember that though I wasn't paying)

180 baht for a chiang u can get a room with air con at 99 for about 190 baht

Yes - but you would still be thirsty. whistling.gif

sorry.gifofftopic.gif

And when I said it was my birthday on checking in I didn't get the usual free round of drinks but rather a cake with a half dozen staff members singing happy birthday to me. No screaming kids though which was nice.