What Is It With Women And Handbags Does Yours Go Mad For Them?

thenervoussurgeon

When i go out i have two pockets in my trousers and a pocket in my shirt for my phone.,why is it that not only do women have to have a bloody great bag to carry everything but it has to be designer and cost a fortune?

my misses is great ,but she is constantly buying handbags(dont get me started on shoes)

what is it with them?rolleyes.gif

It is all about attracting the attention of the opposite sex, sometimes the same sex, at the optimum moment.

Ever ready as they say.

Take a look at the birds of paradise and their dramatic plumage, some even have feathers that hang down, hang here, hang there not unlike accessories. All to attract.

And then we need to keep all the essentials somewhere. Most dresses if you have not noticed darling do not have pockets and they would look awfully lumpy if they did and were full of bottles of nail polish and eye liner.

Then there is the smooth curves of the posterior. Would you guys prefer to see the flowing lines that curve around to join in the middle and form a disappearing act, or would you like lumpy bits in the pockets?

I prefer my bags to have a lead weight inserted in the base of the bag so I can use it as a weapon also.

Why does a man need 50 spanners? (because one size doesnt fit all or suit every circumstance.. i know, because i my own set).

But, wouldnt matter if you were buying 100, as long as i wasnt the one paying for it.

So, isnt it more about you buying them for her then?

So, a possible solution to the problem would be her earning and spending her own money on them?

Thanks eek, that was enlightening, we need more of it , and i really wish i could understand more about my better half, she owns countless handbagsblink.png

Now, i'm wondering, which spanner is appropriate for, let's say, a stroll in the mall ? :)

Why does a man need 50 spanners? (because one size doesnt fit all or suit every circumstance.. i know, because i my own set).

But, wouldnt matter if you were buying 100, as long as i wasnt the one paying for it.

So, isnt it more about you buying them for her then?

So, a possible solution to the problem would be her earning and spending her own money on them?

Thanks eek, that was enlightening, we need more of it , and i really wish i could understand more about my better half, she owns countless handbagsblink.png

Now, i'm wondering, which spanner is appropriate for, let's say, a stroll in the mall ? smile.png

lol. Maybe a large enough one for donking your wifey over the head if she tries to buy more than one handbag!

Mau, i have a theory about women and handbags i thought of some years back...and i think i cracked phenomenon of their appeal.

No matter how our weight, or mood about ourselves may fluctuate, handbags and shoes ALWAYS fit.

• Like 2

The top shelf of our bedroom closet is absolutely cram packed with handbags and shoes which, I fear, will never see the light of day again. 'Why don't you give them to the Salvo's?' I once asked. 'Might still need them', I was told. Still never seen her reach for one of them and still waiting for them to be 'needed'.

The top shelf of our bedroom closet is absolutely cram packed with handbags and shoes which, I fear, will never see the light of day again. 'Why don't you give them to the Salvo's?' I once asked. 'Might still need them', I was told. Still never seen her reach for one of them and still waiting for them to be 'needed'.

When i first moved to Thailand, i brought very little with me, but had a pretty nice cash flow at the time. I bought countless pairs of shoes, and bags and also clothes.

I got less gung-ho when common sense hit me, but was left with copious amounts of things i hardly wear. So..i did one of the car boot type sales and sold my stuff off. I got a fraction of what i paid, but better than sitting in my wardrobe (or in bags under the bed!) gathering dust.

Maybe if your wife figures she can make some money out of it, she will part with them. Then she can spend the money on....some other bags and shoes.. biggrin.png

• Like 2

What gets me is that whenever I bring a girl back to my place, the handbag always gets a better seat than me on the couch/sofa - I am always having to move them onto the table - they care a lot for these bags.

My wife keeps hers in another fabric bag , so that they keep clean and she even has a small torch that she puts in the larger bags , i just cant understand why she has to carry so much stuff around in them

I am upset, very upset!!!!! You all say it is genetic and on that basis I conclude I married a bloke by mistake. My missus (mister?) is not mad about bags or shoes or even fashion. The only thing she seems to buy on any regular basis is books.

I won't complain about my Wife's collection of handbags (about 20 or so).. I support it in fact - If handbags make her happy then thats good, I have something to get her for her Birthday.

My Wife doesn't complain about my watches which amounts to a significantly greater sum than her 'plethora' of handbags (I can't think of a better collective noun other than 'herd' (as in leather - cow tenuous link)).

And lets not talk about tastes in Whisky or the latest automative purchase - No, I have no right to complain.

We both have plenty of shoes which we leave to fight their own battle for territorial supremacy.

But the fact is my Wife only chooses what she really likes - Lately she has seen a Prada bag she likes, but she won't let me get it her as she's not 100% sure she likes it - I'm now stuck for her Birthday present.

Is it a female thing? of course it is, but its useful - Guess where my phone and wallet go when were out together, straight into her handbag, extremely convenient !...

Now, another female thing... Why is it the back of a ladies car is like a shoe shop ?... I'm talking at least 6 or 7 pairs of shoes in the back...

I am upset, very upset!!!!! You all say it is genetic and on that basis I conclude I married a bloke by mistake. My missus (mister?) is not mad about bags or shoes or even fashion. The only thing she seems to buy on any regular basis is books.

That sounds worrisome. Have you ever considered some therapy?

I won't complain about my Wife's collection of handbags (about 20 or so).. I support it in fact - If handbags make her happy then thats good, I have something to get her for her Birthday.

My Wife doesn't complain about my watches which amounts to a significantly greater sum than her 'plethora' of handbags (I can't think of a better collective noun other than 'herd' (as in leather - cow tenuous link)).

And lets not talk about tastes in Whisky or the latest automative purchase - No, I have no right to complain.

We both have plenty of shoes which we leave to fight their own battle for territorial supremacy.

But the fact is my Wife only chooses what she really likes - Lately she has seen a Prada bag she likes, but she won't let me get it her as she's not 100% sure she likes it - I'm now stuck for her Birthday present.

Is it a female thing? of course it is, but its useful - Guess where my phone and wallet go when were out together, straight into her handbag, extremely convenient !...

Now, another female thing... Why is it the back of a ladies car is like a shoe shop ?... I'm talking at least 6 or 7 pairs of shoes in the back...

Funny my wife keeps shoes in the back of the car as well ,whats that about?