Woman Killed In Gunfight At Rock Concert In Ayutthaya

webfact

Woman Killed In Gunfight At Rock Concert

37.jpeg38.jpeg

A young woman was killed and several others wounded by gunfire at a Sweet Mullet concert in Ayuddhaya. The shooting occurred in front of the Viengjan entertainment center in Phranakornsriayuddhaya. The combatants escaped after the gun battle, which involved more than 20 people.

AYUDDHAYA – September 28, 2012[PDN]; at 2:15 a.m., a report of a fatal shooting at a rock concert was received by Pol. Lt. Col. Wasan Thipparat, Inspector, Uthai police station, Phranakornsriayuddhaya province. He rushed to the scene with Pol. Maj. Gen. Anurak Taengkasem, Commander; Pol. Col. Wutthiphong Petchkamnerd, Deputy Commander; Pol. Col. Suthep Chanasit, Commander; Pol. Lt. Col. Panthat Sewatathat, Inspector, Uthai police station; and the detective police team and the rescue officer of the Ayudhaya Ruamjai Association.

The shooting occurred in front of Viengjan entertainment center Moo 1 Tambon Thanu, Amphur Uthai. When police arrived, a lot of people were backing their cars out of the parking lot to escape the scene.

As police officers blockaded the area, the sound of gunshots could still be heard several times. After the shooting stopped, police found a lot of injured people who were sent to Ratchathani hospital. One man was shot in his head and severely injured. He was sent to Phranakornsriayuddhaya hospital, along with four other people.

One unidentified woman died at the scene. She was approximately 28 years old, and wearing long pants and a long-sleeved black-and-white shirt. She had been shot in the head by a gun of unknown caliber. The victim died beside a bullet-ridden car, a Toyota Vios, license number KOR TOR 4428 Phranakornsriayuddhaya. There were 2 bullet holes in the car’s front side mirror.

Full story: http://www.pattayada...t-rock-concert/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2012-09-28

footer_n.gif

Is Thailand's law and order deteriorating or is the violence getting more coverage lately?

you got it. Brawls shootings and killings are pretty common at concerts and country fairs, especially in rural areas, but most times the news doesn't reach the english speaking audience, if any news service at all. Probably this one was too big to be uncovered, and in a not so rural spot. I don't think were students here, most likely rival villages clashed at the gathering

The shooting occurred in front of Viengjan entertainment center Moo 1 Tambon Thanu, Amphur Uthai. When police arrived, a lot of people were backing their cars out of the parking lot to escape the scene.

You would think one of the first responses of the police would be to secure the scene , block the car park exit , at least they would have a chance of tracking suspects down from vehicle registrations ( if they escaped on foot ).

• Like 1

RIP to the young lady, senseless killing - I grew up in a neighborhood gang atmosphere, but got out when I joined the Army in 1967, we didn't have guns back then, and arguments between neighborhoods didn't wind up in death, we faught with fists - not cowardly drive by shootings. As for these rich gang bangers that have cars, send them all to prison Boot Camp for three months and beat the crap out of them - yes Mr Liberal, that is the answer to all this BS.1zgarz5.gif

• Like 2

You would think one of the first responses of the police would be to secure the scene , block the car park exit , at least they would have a chance of tracking suspects down from vehicle registrations ( if they escaped on foot ).

Read on - the first words of the next paragraph - and your comment makes a bit less sense:

"As police officers blockaded the area, the sound of gunshots could still be heard several times."

Why did the police have to rush there. Should not they have already been there? It seems that posting police throughout the venue, armed with assault rifles would put a damper on any of the sweet, innocent Thai youth from instigating a clash, knowing they would be targeted.

It seems odd that you get armed security at airports, where there are no youth, and when these "youth-targeted" functions come about, the police always seem to be absent?

This is interpreted in my view as negligence and insincerity towards keeping the youth in line and making a show of authority that the youth will understand in no uncertain terms.

If law and militia cannot handle something as simple as violence at a youth concert, then how do they expect to handle organized Muslim extremists in the South?

The things that consistently happen around Thais makes them appear ridiculous and lends credence to the Thai adage: "There is no emergency or crisis until it happens... Mai Pen Rai!".

Bullet ridden car... even as close as two difiniative holes found in rear view mirror... Two persons with bullets to Head....

Sounds like a hit! Well planned also, with successful exit route...

Maybe... She was! HIT! Could she have been either screwing around with another man? Was her husband or Boyfriend the ones that catch her? Remember if you watch Thai TV Soaps, Thai Ladies ARE up for this thing. Usually they get caught also! Then they always blame on Husband or Boyfriend accusing them of having extra affairs... Right? To shift subject! Just watch 5 minutes of any daytime Drama, They are taught this is correct think to do, do this and you are on right path to Life!!! B-LL SH-T!!! Maybe right path to External Life... But no security here!

Just a Thought as I have seen it Many Times! In the last 6 years. At Malls just sit.... and with sunglasses on watch the scenery pass you by... Notice how many are sneaking a look? To see if you returning the looking.... Watch how many walk pass like parade in front of you or other guys like "I open for bidding" how Much YOU willing to offer? It not just Thai men who get extra wives, Thai women do same also to get Boy friend, $$$, whatever...

So in these Death's look closly at who seen to be center of fight, who looks like they were in the sights of the gun, as intended hits... usually to head or heart...

So lucky I have good wive who I hope appreaciates the monthly check I get and in a few years the one she will get also, been a long relationship... will be longer, God willing!

Read on - the first words of the next paragraph - and your comment makes a bit less sense:

"As police officers blockaded the area, the sound of gunshots could still be heard several times."

OF COURSE!

We don't want to be shot... We wait till intended victim is apparently shot and gunfire stop. Then, we go to scene! Act like taking a good look around as Car are hurriedly backed away from scene of crime, distroying evidence and letting asaulters escape.... (maybe we can say random drive by or something...) Maybe we find it to look like suicide, says bullet holes in car are old! And Victim shot bystanders because the try to stop her...

Could write Best Seller Novel's from compiling police predictions and solutions. This is why My story may not be so for from truth! One less flirt, one less 2-Timer! Get the picture??

Edited by davidstipek

RIP to the young lady, senseless killing - I grew up in a neighborhood gang atmosphere, but got out when I joined the Army in 1967, we didn't have guns back then, and arguments between neighborhoods didn't wind up in death, we faught with fists - not cowardly drive by shootings. As for these rich gang bangers that have cars, send them all to prison Boot Camp for three months and beat the crap out of them - yes Mr Liberal, that is the answer to all this BS.1zgarz5.gif

That is not the answer to the BS, that is the answer to your frustration and making you feel better about the situation - in preference to the culprits somehow walking free as minors, or on some other technicality. But beating them in a boot camp (as pleasant a thought as it is - and I am not being sarcastic) won't make them into better men - these a-holes are already broken... by all means lock up the b'stards of this generation - remove them from society. You'll be pleased to hear that they'll get their share of unofficial beatings from the prison guards anyway - a longstanding internal policy that obviously has had little effect on reducing the number of perpetrators of such crimes.

The real problem lies with stopping this escalation, and it has no easy solutions. How do you convince absentee parents to stop treating their little boys like spoiled gods, leading to a nation of rootless men with over-inflated opinions of their worth? (A sense of worth so baseless, that can be pricked like a balloon with a single insult, leading to face loss and irrational behaviour.) This happens across all social classes. How do you stop this tribal thinking of "My country #1, my school #1 - we good, they bad ?

Modernisation has ripped apart the traditional family structure and replaced it with ... nothing.

And that situation, left unaddressed, will continue to breed a-holes.

• Like 1

...it seems really easy for 'punks' to get their hands on firearms...

...and live out their T.V. fantasies....in real life......on real people.....

(...when young adults have 'E.Q.'s' of children....as is the case in Thailand.....the sickest things will happen...and they do...)

Sweet Mullet is this a Thai band or an English band? Do they know what a mullet is?

Mix 1 part crap music, 10 parts crap alcohol, 20 parts Yabba, a bunch of wussies (er ah men) and an assortment of guns. Shake vigorously and wait for the fun to begin.

PS I believe the prevalence of guns in this society is directly proportional to the weakness of the men, I know at the government school I attend most of the girls could kick the boys asses. So if you're a week Thai boy get a gun and shoot and hope you hit the right person.

Bullet ridden car... even as close as two difiniative holes found in rear view mirror... Two persons with bullets to Head....

Maybe... She was! HIT! Could she have been either screwing around with another man? Was her husband or Boyfriend the ones that catch her? Remember if you watch Thai TV Soaps, Thai Ladies ARE up for this thing. Usually they get caught also! Then they always blame on Husband or Boyfriend accusing them of having extra affairs... Right? To shift subject! Just watch 5 minutes of any daytime Drama, They are taught this is correct think to do, do this and you are on right path to Life!!! B-LL SH-T!!! Maybe right path to External Life... But no security here!

Just a Thought as I have seen it Many Times! In the last 6 years. At Malls just sit.... and with sunglasses on watch the scenery pass you by... Notice how many are sneaking a look? To see if you returning the looking.... Watch how many walk pass like parade in front of you or other guys like "I open for bidding" how Much YOU willing to offer? It not just Thai men who get extra wives, Thai women do same also to get Boy friend, $$$, whatever...

So in these Death's look closly at who seen to be center of fight, who looks like they were in the sights of the gun, as intended hits... usually to head or heart...

So lucky I have good wive who I hope appreaciates the monthly check I get and in a few years the one she will get also, been a long relationship... will be longer, God willing!

You need to get out more!

Ha Ha... Thanks Blackthorn... I guess it comes with years of using the pen... Made a good story though! Got your attention, which was the idea... to make people think (Oh! I forgot this is Thailand!!)

Ha Ha... Thanks Blackthorn... I guess it comes with years of using the pen... Made a good story though! Got your attention, which was the idea... to make people think (Oh! I forgot this is Thailand!!)

Years of using the pen.......Is English your first language?

You write like my wife speaks.

Maybe you have just been in Thailand too long. smile.png

Fair point , I must have had one too many Leo's by that stage !! ( that's all they sell at the local !!! )

Edited by ron1964