Yongyuth Resigns As Deputy Prime Minister, Interior Minister

webfact

I want to know if the golf course can stay as a golf course.........you know, like they are demolishing all of these resorts and fish restaurants that have encroached on the sea and national parks!!!!

Surely it has to be returned back to monastic land!!

It would also be interesting to know who all the share holders are/were in the Golf Course?whistling.gif

It is public knowledge that the original major shareholder was Snoh Tienthong, who has a huge mansion there, and he sold his stake to Khunying Potchaman who was already the major shareholder at the time that Yongyuth reversed the DG of the Land Dept's order to annul the title deed.

Without condoning Yongyuth's actions over the temple land case it is fair to say that he was one of the few interior ministers who thoroughly understood the workings of the ministry and how to get things done, having served his entire civil service career in the ministry after graduating from university and retiring as permanent secretary. He will be remembered fondly by many foreigners for breaking the logjam of permanent residence applications since 2006 that had accumulated under the last several ministers. He will also be remembered by over 500 formerly stateless persons whose Thai citizenship he rapidly approved under the brand new 2012 Nationality Act which only became effective in May.

Yongyuth quits as a Pheu Thai Leader, MP

BANGKOK, Oct 4 – Embattled politician Yongyuth Wichaidit today called it quits from his leadership role in the ruling Pheu Thai Party and as a member of parliament, only three days after his official resignation from the Deputy Prime Ministership and as Interior Minister in the Yingluck Shinawatra government.

His latest resignation took immediate effect.

He cited personal reasons and necessity in leaving the two remaining positions but vowed to continue working for the party.

“Despite confirmations from the Council of State and Civil Service Commission that I am qualified for the political posts, the opposition bloc and other quarters disputed that I am disqualified,”he said. “I don’t want people to negatively criticise my beloved party. The prime minister respects my decision.”

Pheu Thai Spokesman Prompong Nopparit said Yongyuth’s resignation has set a political ethics standard and called on the opposition to stop criticising him.

His resignation will pave the way for a restructuring in the party while Yongyuth will continue assisting the party, he said.

Pheu Thai Deputy Leader Kanawat Vasinsangworn praised Yongyuth for his decision and described the ex-deputy premier as a “political gentleman.”

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-10-04

[quot]Embattled politician Yongyuth Wichaidit today called it quits from his leadership role in the ruling Pheu Thai Party and as a member of parliament[/quot]

He actually voluntarily relinquished his MP status and thereby his parliamentary immunity? Brave, I almost start to like the chap

The Pheu Thai Party announced they would hold an executive committee meeting within 60 days to decide upon a Party Leader.

The Party also announced that the Party-list MP that will take Yongyuth's seat in Parliament is former Thai Rak Thai Party MP Malinee Inchat.

Facebook page for her

75630_101420439930370_202033_n.jpg

I'm wondering what members(s) of the Shinawatra family will be given these jobs now. What's Thaksin's son doing these days? If Chalerm can fix his kin up why not ...................................

Pol Gen Priewpan's hat has been thrown into the ring by some pundits. He is Thaksin's brother-in-law. Having a large Chinese clan is definitely an asset in Thai politics.