True Cable Internet - Good/bad/indifferent

miltonbentley

Depends on location. had it at a property inside the north-west corner of the moat. Had monthly outages dues to "upgrades" and then finally a whole month where I could not get a full day or up-time.

I have a friend that uses it on the south-east corner of the old city and loves it.

If you do get it and have issues, call them everytime there is a problem. When you cancel, they will go back and look at every time you called and issue a refund.

I am in the Mae Hia / Hang dong area

I have true cable for both TV and internet

They cam in and installed, date and time promised and a clean job

TV is good never a problem

Internet is fine for what we do. can stream movies and other stuff both my wife and I at the same time

I am not computer smart enough to know what speed we are getting but works for me and price is OK

Have it in town and it runs fine. Have pretty much had it since the service started. It did used to disappear/cut out during heavy rain. They seem to have solved that the last few years!

The only gripe I have with True is I'd like some honesty from their admin side. When you pay in advance for 4 months and then they cut your service I would appreciate an apology instead of a blank look. Then on top of that have to go in and manually transfer balance credit to new acct. Didn't ask for new acct but they cut you off I suppose not much choice. Their staff couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. Company mantra is probably "Never admit we are wrong".

However actual internet service is fine.

Also made them change modem/router they gave me as the new one was cr_p. That came with the "new acct" I never asked for etc!! They obviously outsource that , name on shirt not True, the guy from there not particularly tech savvie.

But internet not too bad at all, 10mb package usually gets over 10mb.

Just out of interest how far does true cable go towards Hang Dong??

• 1 month later...

I am in the Mae Hia / Hang dong area

I have true cable for both TV and internet

They cam in and installed, date and time promised and a clean job

TV is good never a problem

Internet is fine for what we do. can stream movies and other stuff both my wife and I at the same time

I am not computer smart enough to know what speed we are getting but works for me and price is OK

Jeff, I live in the same area and would like to know what package you are on and how much you pay for it.

Also, could you run a speed test using this link and click on the "Los Angeles" option. Much appreciated.

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest?flash=1

I use 3BB now, but considering to switch to True.

It's probably the best package in Thailand but as with all Thai internet you will get bottlenecks with international servers.

One thing you will have to put up with is outages ours went down nearly every Sunday for maintenance.

Torrent speed good but streaming from outside Thailand poor.

We had 20 Meg docsis cable from True.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

Service was excellent on Nimmanhamin until early this year, now it's so bad I'm looking for another provider.

I think best ISP is a constantly moving target. You look for a provider who isn't currently oversubscribed in your area, then move once this provider succeeds in oversubscribing. Whoever you go with, avoid any long term commitment.

My nephew has the True fiber optic cable and has had no problems. He opted for the 10 mb speed which, besides being cheaper works, nicely for him as he is one of only two connected to that line/node.

He checked for me and True told him there was a node across the street from my house and would run 70 meters of cable for free. I have not yet done it but am seriously considering the prospect.

I have a friend living west of the canal road who has the fiber optics cable and has no complaints, disconnects, etc.

I read the other comments was not sure when what comments applied to the fiber cables and when they did not. Some read as if they were not fiber.

Edited by noise

My nephew has the True fiber optic cable and has had no problems. He opted for the 10 mb speed which, besides being cheaper works, nicely for him as he is one of only two connected to that line/node.

He checked for me and True told him there was a node across the street from my house and would run 70 meters of cable for free. I have not yet done it but am seriously considering the prospect.

I have a friend living west of the canal road who has the fiber optics cable and has no complaints, disconnects, etc.

I read the other comments was not sure when what comments applied to the fiber cables and when they did not. Some read as if they were not fiber.

My service on Nimmanhamin soi 8 is fiber. A friend of mine on Nimmanhamin soi 13 has similarly bad service, and I assume she also has fiber. True insists their service is fine in my area, but as I wrote earlier the service went from fast and reliable two years ago to erratic, especially during peak use hours, this year. I assume they have oversubscribed in this area.