Buying Prescription Drugs In Pattaya

callao

I am going to be in Pataya for a couple days next week and am going to have a couple new scripes that I would like to fill while there to save some money ( asthma meds) Is there a larger modern pharmacy with western stuff that I can buy these at? Can I buy them in Thailand? any recommendations thanx Callao

The North road one is much better stocked than the smaller locations. Also better chance of talking to a knowledgeable pharmacist if there is an issue of needing to substitute a brand name. Member card on offer to get a discount.

Edited by Jingthing

Not sure about availability of Advair in Thailand. Maybe you know already.

If not, I suggest you post your specific med names on the Health Forum. Sheryl there will be able to advise on availability in Thailand and options, if not. Sometimes in Pattaya, the hospitals carry some things that Fascino, etc. do not, but of course that option would be high cost.

I see the possible issues here have nothing to do with scrips. For asthma meds, you pretty much don't need scrips. The issue might be availability in Thailand of the specific meds called for. Often/usually there are close or even exact chemical substitutes, but not always.

As mentioned a few times..Fascino (north pattaya rd) has the best selection of pharmacy needs and usually the best prices. If you dont see what you want there, talk to the pharmacist, give him the generic name of what you are looking for and its possible it can be ordered. I have ordered many things they dont stock there and they were happy to do it and called me on my cell when the order arrived.

Get asthma meds anywhere at any pharmacy. A few of the turbohalers are available I get them usually at boots in central but for the standard inhalers and the steroid ones like berodual I get at almost any pharmacy.

Boots is one of the most expensive pharmacies in Pattaya

Edited by ericg1953

Get asthma meds anywhere at any pharmacy. A few of the turbohalers are available I get them usually at boots in central but for the standard inhalers and the steroid ones like berodual I get at almost any pharmacy.

Its also the only pharmacy so far I have seen the turbohaler

Yes. The pharmacy next to Tims bar on 2nd road is good too.