Don't Believe It: Rice Scheme Is A Major Worry

Lite Beer

Again - who is running Thailand? And all this press about Thaksin, his decisions, his opinions? Thailand you are the laughing stock of international politics. What (if any other) country would allow it's government to be run by a convicted criminal in exile? Will someone please step up to the plate and throw these corrupt puppets out and instill decent tangible governance?

Thailand you are the laughing stock of international politics.Yes,Europe is doing a lot better.No problems at all.Only Spain unemployment 26%,Greece even higher.USA:The National Debt has continued to increase an average of

$3.84 billion per day.Yes a shame Thailand with an unemployment rate from only 1.6%

And a minimum wage of $5 or thereabouts (with unofficial salaries occasionally running as low as a bullet in your head and a free burial in a mass grave). Let's have some reality here.

And yes, Thailand is pretty much accepted as a political basket case. If you can't understand that, well....did you just get off the bus? Welcome!

Again - who is running Thailand? And all this press about Thaksin, his decisions, his opinions? Thailand you are the laughing stock of international politics. What (if any other) country would allow it's government to be run by a convicted criminal in exile? Will someone please step up to the plate and throw these corrupt puppets out and instill decent tangible governance?

Thailand you are the laughing stock of international politics.Yes,Europe is doing a lot better.No problems at all.Only Spain unemployment 26%,Greece even higher.USA:The National Debt has continued to increase an average of

$3.84 billion per day.Yes a shame Thailand with an unemployment rate from only 1.6%

And a minimum wage of $5 or thereabouts (with unofficial salaries occasionally running as low as a bullet in your head and a free burial in a mass grave). Let's have some reality here.

And yes, Thailand is pretty much accepted as a political basket case. If you can't understand that, well....did you just get off the bus? Welcome!

Agreed to a point.

You can just get off the bus and look at the political situation and shrug your shoulders and say same same as where you come from or this is far superior to what we have in Angolia. There are a lot of countries who wish they could have as good a government as we do.

Please Please take this as a fact not an endorsement of what we have. We could defiantly have better.

This rice pledging scheme was a disaster from the begining, all it will do is drain money out of the economy as corrupt middlemen and politicians stuff thier pockets at the expense of the farmer. How long till the rural poor say enough is enough.

About the same time as the rural poor get a real education.

When hell freezes over then. sad.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4_eJQV-FM0

I don't think you can believe the 1.6% unemployment figure as many workers aren't counted and the unemployed don't have any incentive to make themselves known. The figures in the west come from people signing on for benefits when they lose their job but I don't think it's the same in Thailand or many other less developed countries.

I've seen many different figures for the number of unemployed in Thailand. This one puts it lower than you.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/580172-jobless-numbers-up-and-could-go-higher-thailand/

I think the differences are probably due to the lack of a credible method of obtaining the figures.

1.6% unemployed. I guess if hammock swinging is called employment.biggrin.png

yeah,...dead right, ...it's imopssible to determine how many thais are out of work as nobody registers as unemployed , why would they ? , i would say 20-25%of thais i know dont have a job though occasionally work , i see so many mom n' pop shops with 4,5,6 members of the family working/helping out, can't really call that a job , so there is no real way of knowing,........i recon 10% at least

Yes, Europe had good times recently too.

What about tomorrow for Thailand, with all the current waste & corruption going on now?