Recommend Us What To Do In Phuket

wolvyz

Hey everyone,

In our Thailand trip we have spared 5 days for Phuket and Don Phi Phi. I know it is less but that is the time that we have. Can the nice members here recommend some things for us to not miss?

We'd highly like to try a steam boat but due to the steam boat scams that I hear everywhere, we're scared renting a boat. Is there like a legit company for this?

Also we would love to visit the shooting ranges if they are economical.

Thanks

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey everyone,

In our Thailand trip we have spared 5 days for Phuket and Don Phi Phi. I know it is less but that is the time that we have. Can the nice members here recommend some things for us to not miss?

We'd highly like to try a steam boat but due to the steam boat scams that I hear everywhere, we're scared renting a boat. Is there like a legit company for this?

Also we would love to visit the shooting ranges if they are economical.

Thanks

Safari,s r ok too and the lady boy show in Phuket Town ,shallowing diving but honestly it still is monsoon season so I would leave the speed boats alone right now it looks ok from the beach but further out ummmmmm na ...

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Can't recommend much, but can tell you some things, you better omit:

Avoid TukTuk or Jet Ski Scams and giving a hand to a tailor tout.

Don't argue with these guy's!

Don't visit the Zoo (highly overpriced for Farangs)

No Tuk Tuks,

Better no Speedboat daytrip to PhiPhi (there are real ferries, overnight is not so bad)

Don't use TukTuks

Don't start bargain with the "I have special price for you" vendors. There will be one, 1/3 cheaper, around the corner.

Oh, not to forget: Don't use Tuk Tuks!

btw:

The Aquarium is nice!

But: Don't use Tuk Tuks

whistling.gif

Edited by noob7

No Tuk Tuks,

Better no Speedboat daytrip to PhiPhi (there are real ferries, overnight is not so bad)

Don't use TukTuks

Don't start bargain with the "I have special price for you" vendors. There will be one, 1/3 cheaper, around the corner.

btw:

The Aquarium is nice!

whistling.gif

Did you mention not to use the tuk-tuks? :) :)

You mention "our trip" but do not mention if it is with a partner, or with a family.

Thailand, in general, is well known for it's nightlife. On that basis, if it is just yourself and a partner (not recommended for children) I would suggest a visit to the nightlife strip of Bangla Road one evening.

Also, some simple things like legitimate massages, and if female, getting hair, nails, facial etc done. These are quite cheap here compared to western countries.

Edited by NamKangMan

No Tuk Tuks,

Don't use TukTuks

btw:

The Aquarium is nice!

whistling.gif

Did you mention not to use the tuk-tuks? smile.pngsmile.png

Not sure, but thanks for the reminder:

Don't use Tuk Tuks, And don't start arguing with this thugs, eh, the drivers.

Not even the CCTV is working, for evidence against 'em!

Now guys, your not thinking in my twilight universe, a must is on the hottest day, super cheap, on the wettest day, the night bizarre / market, the desalination plant at karon, the view point by knife point, site seeing by night following the garbage truck, unmissable, the rhythmic chant and gestures of the napal tailors and sellers, hypnotic!!!!, the computer game "grand tuk tuk auto", the rolling hills of Patong, literally the are rolling down the mountains, of coarse my Favorite, multi tasking (texting, reading, applying make up, sleeping)whilst driving a motor bike with a baby,you can also pay for day coarses on Thai electrics(multi feed displacement), building de-renovation (when the building looks finished and perfect, pull it apart), mastering blue pipe plumbing (without glue) a true art, welding, the art of cataract removal, tile cutting duration record (normally a full 24hours), mastering road drainage, or building it, fill it, fix it, the police do a day training coarse on fining, a must for all communist dictators in waiting, and least we forget the original origins of the book "the art of seduction"+"men or from mars woman are from Venus", a insight into the inner workings of the Lady, including safe cracking, pick pocketing, money laundering, death, document forgery and making the perfect breakfast as in the stead ford wifes, so Mr and Mrs tourist, a big welcome to Thailand and especially Phuket, i'm sure i've missed out some other great site seeing things, please fellow TV members add and share, remember it's twilight universe types,crazy.gif

• Like 1

Big Bhudda is good to see..

and of course Kata View point and Cape Promthep sunset.....

But avoid Tuk Tuks, please!

You should have said this includes taxis as well.

You mean, this black licensed illegal so called 'taxi service' cars, hiding in the parking lines with the can-armada, so that the police can't even find 'em?

phuket-1-18044dIlZfqjEZUbENDsTobdFJntXcp.jpgphuket-4-18044XipanmlZmPsrldhAvQpilcRfcU.jpg

(one off the road, 5000 to go!)

Or do you mean the 75 metered taxis, that I think, are the only cars, to call taxi, on Phuket?

Even if some of them refuse, to use the meter from the airport, and knowing, that they don't have to use the meter on any other fair, not starting at the airport!

You will barely find one of these, outside the airport. So there is only a hypothetical chance, to get one, anyway. Why mention it ;-)

Other way round the (only?) 510 tuk-tuks (can't believe that! There are more in the one way parking slots in Patong, every night!) can's, with disco sound and light systems are everywhere (another point, not to believe, only 510! Must be a wrong number). And this time of the year, they are like the 'hello boss' handshaking guys before the tailor shops.

(Did I mention, keep your right hand in the pocket and the mouth shut?)

Only more aggressive, and more 'everywhere'.

But at the bottom, you are right!

Only that leaves the tourist to 'no transportation at all', cause the public bus service is terminating the service every day around 7pm, and no service at all, at the Tuk Tuk monopoly side of Phuket, the west coast.

Or do you wanna push 'em, to rent motorcycles?

So, for the price or a Tuk Tuk, or even cheaper, if you get a recommendation from a guesthouse or so (absolute private, you know the driver (if police asked) long time, he's not 'taxi driving' you ;-), I take better one of these sedans. They have mostly a off switch for the sound system, too.

Don't get me wrong:

I do not recommend black taxis, but:

Don't use TUK TUKs, please!

A big step, to get rid of them: Don't use Tuk Tuks

Edited by noob7

Now guys, your not thinking in my twilight universe, a must is on the hottest day, super cheap, on the wettest day, the night bizarre / market, the desalination plant at karon, the view point by knife point, site seeing by night following the garbage truck, unmissable, the rhythmic chant and gestures of the napal tailors and sellers, hypnotic!!!!, the computer game "grand tuk tuk auto", the rolling hills of Patong, literally the are rolling down the mountains, of coarse my Favorite, multi tasking (texting, reading, applying make up, sleeping)whilst driving a motor bike with a baby,you can also pay for day coarses on Thai electrics(multi feed displacement), building de-renovation (when the building looks finished and perfect, pull it apart), mastering blue pipe plumbing (without glue) a true art, welding, the art of cataract removal, tile cutting duration record (normally a full 24hours), mastering road drainage, or building it, fill it, fix it, the police do a day training coarse on fining, a must for all communist dictators in waiting, and least we forget the original origins of the book "the art of seduction"+"men or from mars woman are from Venus", a insight into the inner workings of the Lady, including safe cracking, pick pocketing, money laundering, death, document forgery and making the perfect breakfast as in the stead ford wifes, so Mr and Mrs tourist, a big welcome to Thailand and especially Phuket, i'm sure i've missed out some other great site seeing things, please fellow TV members add and share, remember it's twilight universe types,crazy.gif

clap2.gif

clap2.gif

ah noob7, the force is strong with you

post-151889-0-21904900-1349085997.gif

Edited by britpop

Shooting range fun if you don't mind paying 1000 bht for 10 rounds, don't use Tuk Tuks to get there!!

Why don't you tell 'em, that in this case, the Renegade will ask for commission, what makes the bullets even more expensive?

Or ad, that in Jungle Ceylon in Patong is a 'in door' shooting range, you can't go, with a Tuk Tuk!whistling.gif

But in general, I can approve your message

I think, no one mentioned it, till now:

As you left the idea, to use Tuk Tuks, behind:

Don't do pictures with any animal, please.

Don't buy bananas for Baby elephants!

Don't take a picture from or with a Gathoy.

Unless you aren't sure about it, and wanna find out, if she's a he: 100 baht, please giggle.gif

And please: Avoid Tuk Tuks and discussions with this lower ranks of the mafia

Jezz....

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

buying a ticket to somewhere with actual entertainement and value is a good thing to do in phuket since we have a nice airport.

Yes, I do note Phuket International Airport is quite popular now as a transit airport. Of course, TAT will say everyone arriving actually stays on the island. :)

I wonder how long it will be before the "I caught a tuk-tuk on Phuket and survived" T-Shirts appear. :) :)

So the places that are suggested and I am considering are:

• Fantasy Show
  • Full Day Cruise on Phangna Bay
  • Big Buddha
  • Kata View Point
  • Cape Promthep Sunset
  • Desalination plant at karon
  • The view point by knife point

KarenBravo, yes I meant speed boat or jet-skis

(But I am kind of not willing to do it because of the monsoon according to Sharp)

I will certainly avoid tuk tuks all around Thailand, noob7 and no zoos as well. I was also thinking about going to an acquarium but I think we will go to Siam Ocean World. Also no black licensed illegal taxi like service cars.

WHAT DO WE USE FOR TRANSPORT?

We are going as three bachelor guys NamKangMan.

So the places that are suggested and I am considering are:

• Fantasy Show
  • Full Day Cruise on Phangna Bay
  • Big Buddha
  • Kata View Point
  • Cape Promthep Sunset
  • Desalination plant at karon
  • The view point by knife point

KarenBravo, yes I meant speed boat or jet-skis

(But I am kind of not willing to do it because of the monsoon according to Sharp)

I will certainly avoid tuk tuks all around Thailand, noob7 and no zoos as well. I was also thinking about going to an acquarium but I think we will go to Siam Ocean World. Also no black licensed illegal taxi like service cars.

WHAT DO WE USE FOR TRANSPORT?

We are going as three bachelor guys NamKangMan.

No Zoo's at all? That means, planes changed, not coming to Thailand? giggle.gif

And the Aquarium in Phuket isn't bad. Also another viewpoint down at Panwa.

"WHAT DO WE USE FOR TRANSPORT?"

Her you got me!whistling.gif

Absolutely no Tuk Tuks. everything else will be a better option.

Even motorcycles, in case, you have a valid license, can handle 'em and are comfortable, driving 'Gangnam Style'! Also you don't drink and drive, and are aware, that almost everyone, driving past midnight, isn't sober! That does not exclude the 'Taxi' driver. On Top, they are on Red Bull / M150!

But: Check with your travel insurance (motorcycles accidents), you don't wanna end up in a government hospital. Trust me!

Did I mention, eh, ya, I think I did.

And I hope, the monsoon will be helpful for you, to stay away from the Jet ski scams, with the 'full and first class insured cheesy.gif Jet Skis'.

Interesting articles online, about all the mentioned points.

3 Bachelors, huu?

Ping Pong show sounds more funny, as it is. Also the drinks are overpriced!

Have fun, enjoy your trip

Edited by noob7

"The view point by knife point"

This is the Kata view-point. A guy got knifed not far from there a few years ago. His murder was never solved.

Did they check with the knife, used in the murder at Ha Yak Chalong. Because the murderer was working at 'knife point', as a 'eagle picture with tourist' salesman.

The plant is between Karon and Patong. Is it running? I remember there was a complain from the owner, that he can't fulfill the contract with the Phuket government, because the Phuket government couldn't make the electric available, 24/7, that is needed for this project.

But still the government wanted the fine, for not fulfilling the contract cheesy.gif

I thought, it got shut down, already?

Anyone?

Edited by noob7