Coming From Uk For Slightly Over 2 Months

i have friends coming for a longish holiday. they say:

''We are looking at flights to Thailand for the end of October until 1st Jan 13 circa 65-70 days.

if we get a 60 day visa will they let us in the country, we intend to go to Cambodia for a week or so sometime during our stay so will be out of the county for a while.

The question is what kind of visa is our best option, can you advise a 60 day tourist but will immigration let us in with our return flights being later then the visa end date and no on-going travel plans?''

thoughts please?

It's the airline that will cause the problem, they use this system at check in. If the visa says allowed until 25DEC and they are booked 03JAN they wont board them for fear of a penalty.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/services/visa-and-health/

I'd suggest they buy a cheapo BKK/DMK to KL or SIN as a throw away ticket one way out of Thailand within the 60 day period that will keep check in people happy and do your border run at your own pace.

It's the airline that will cause the problem, they use this system at check in. If the visa says allowed until 25DEC and they are booked 03JAN they wont board them for fear of a penalty.

http://www.starallia...isa-and-health/

I'd suggest they buy a cheapo BKK/DMK to KL or SIN as a throw away ticket one way out of Thailand within the 60 day period that will keep check in people happy and do your border run at your own pace.

what if they booked a flight in and out within the time allowed by the visa from UK then extended the visa by 30 days when they were here and changed the return flight date?

would that work?

It seems that Hull whom I have dealt with many times in the past have actually reduced their tourist visa fees to the following, single entry £25,double £50 triple £75 I always paid £28 and multiples there of,not sure if these fees are universal to all UK consulates but it still works out cheaper regardless.

First there is no issue of being allowed entry - as long as they have a visa they will be allowed entry (if not on a most wanted or having extreme sideburnsbiggrin.png ). But the suggestion to get a two entry visa is the best choice as land entry visa exempt would only be 15 days so might limit travel time too much - with two entry they are free to visit Cambodia at any time and return at any time.

Lopburi3 is correct no issue once you reach the border in Thailand, the problem will be boarding at Heathrow the airline ground staff are programmed machines if the computer (timatic) says no then it will cause grief.

Visa info for double entry is spot on as I am learning.