Flight Ticket,europe,urgent.

chiangrai

Hi all,

I was cought unprepared last night.Got a phone call from home to say the old man passed away.

I need to fly to Ireland but I live up the mountains.

Any one know a travel agent I can contact in Chiang Rai and order a ticket over the phone.

I'm not looking for a bargain .Or should i fly to bangkok and buy the ticket there.

As i said I'm totally unprepared,all hints wellcome

I know this is a stressful time for you and wish I could be more helpful. I would probably just take a deep breath, get organized and get the first flight out to Bangkok. From there, look for the first flight going to where you need to go. Last minute travel doesn’t usually benefit from a lot of planning. You need to get started and buy your tickets on the spot.

That is what I would do but perhaps someone else will come along with a better plan.

sorry to hear that, all the best to you and your family.

i would try to book the flights to europe online. booking online

a flight to bbk with nokair is very easy, airasia needs a little more!

the flight to europe you can also book at the airport if it is easier for you!

take care, motdaeng

Edited by motdaeng
  • Like 1

Another great reply from villagefarang I see, in my question his was the most helpful too, such a cutie LOL

You must have internet to post here so why not load up Thai airways and book yourself, probably the quickest way.

• Like 1

Hi there, very sorry to hear about your problem. I hope everything works out for you.

This is the Chiang Rai travel agent that I use all the time. The business is owned by an Indian guy, both him and all his staff are fluent in english.

PP Air Travel 652/6 UTTARAKIT ROAD, CHIANG RAI, (very close to King Mengrai Monument)

TEL: 053 740208

FAX: 053 740218

Good luck ID

• Like 1

Sorry for your loss Chiang Rai...

If you can, I would buy tickets online. You will definitely save some money doing that!

Skyscanner is a very good website for this (link here) - just enter your departure date (and return, if you are not buying a one-way) and depature/destination locations and away you go.

It will scan a LOT of airlines for you, giving you a list of direct and non-direct flights in price order. You can even check for your London to Ireland flights there too (assuming you are taking that route?).

Good luck. Hope everything works out for you...

• Like 1

O.K THANKS MATE,

THAT GIVES ME SOME DIRECTION AT LEAST.

ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THE DEAL AT CHIANG RAI AIRPORT IS.

I GOT A FLIGHT FROM THERE BEFORE AND IT WAS CANCELLED.

CAN I JUST SHOW UP A COUPLE OF HOURS BEFORE THE FLIGHT AND PAY,

NEARLY THERE,

O.K THANKS MATE,

THAT GIVES ME SOME DIRECTION AT LEAST.

ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THE DEAL AT CHIANG RAI AIRPORT IS.

I GOT A FLIGHT FROM THERE BEFORE AND IT WAS CANCELLED.

CAN I JUST SHOW UP A COUPLE OF HOURS BEFORE THE FLIGHT AND PAY,

NEARLY THERE,

My wife did it when she had a family emergency. As long as there is a seat available it shouldn’t be a problem. In a situation like this they are usually pretty helpful and understanding. Good luck and have a safe journey.

I'd be inclined to book online, a lot of people do that as a normal part of travelling anyway and it gives you an idea of what flights are available.

Cancellations and other delays just happen, I spent 4 hours sitting on the runway at Swampy yesterday while they reattached some bit that looked like it was going to fall off, and that was on the "good" airline.

Like someone said, aside from going through a travel agent, it might actually be just as easy to book online- like through http://www.expedia.co.uk/ - quick and easy, you can have a flight within five minutes.

just took a quick look and see all kinds of seats bkk to dublin on oct 3 and oct 4 evening ..one way for 512 pounds...

he's probably already enroute but if not as recommended go online is the best bet..i would NOT just show up at an airport ticket counter and expect much of a decent price....

I'm probably way too late to post this for the OP, but when my grandfather died I booked online to Scotland with KLM. This was a few years ago (when Thai's version of booking online still required you to go to a Thai airways office to pick up the tickets.)

Thai won't get you to Ireland. BA or KLM would I think. Not sure about others- Lufhansa/Finnair/SAS?