Uk, Ilr, Public Enquiry Office, Booking Appointment

Well, those two years went quick.....

Time to apply for ILR for my wife and stepson.

I've just tried to book an appointment online between Oct 22 and Dec14 at any of the offices and came up with no available slots.

Has anyone else managed to book an appointment?

The slots are only available for six weeks ahead (I think) so not all of the Nov/Dec appointments may be available to book yet! We made the mistake of doing a postal application.

There are several offices in the UK so if you are willing to travel this is an option. Complex applications may be better done at Croydon as there may not be senior staff availabe at the regional offices.

Some have suggested trying at midnight when apparently new appointments are 'released'. Cancellations can show up at any stage through the day so check back often.

Edited by bobrussell

Hi I am assisting my friend with his ( Russian) wifes ILR application, he also has tried to book an appointment 1st at Sheffield earleist date June 2013, so he tried all the others none available till after his wifes settlement visa expires, so he is now going down the postal route unless he is fortunate to drop on a cacelation whilst he is checking for availability. no idea why there all booked I applied for my wifes back in July 2011 without any problem at the enquiry offices.

Taken from another forum:

What happens if I can't find a suitable time slot?

If you can't find a suitable time slot on your preferred day please widen your search to another day, or choose another office location. Demand can be very high and if there are no appointments available before your leave expires, please send in your application by post. Please note, appointments are available only for six weeks from the search date and any shown beyond that will be noted as not available.

You need to keep searching. It is recommended that you check at midnight (this is when the next available date are thought to be released!) and regularly through the day for cancelled appointments. It is first come, first served!

They are not taking appointments for July 2013 although it may look as if they are!

Edited by bobrussell

Thanks for the responses, I think we'll go down the postal/settlement checking service route, it will save somewhere in the order of £500 anyway. I was just hoping to get it over and done with as soon as possible, I remember the torment of having to wait for the initial visa but we should be a little more relaxed about it this time.

I still can't believe how quickly two years has flown by.