800.-Baht Surcharge For Bringing A Guest In Deevana Hotel?

moskito

Since when is it usual, to charge Farangs 800.-BAHT for bringing a girl into a hotel?

Deevana Hotel in Patong did it to a friend of mine last week when he came with a girl

and he had to pay it every day...

I mean OK, everybody knows that tourists are not atracted to Patong because of the nice

beach or the clean streets and if one will stay on a swimming pool for 2 weeks he can stay

in a holliday park at home... I personally will never understand why people go to Patong

except for having some fun...and this includes fun with the girls...or another man...for the

gays here

I understand if Hotels take a surcharge of lets say 100.-baht for extra energy or hot water

used and take the ID card of the girl when they arrive... But 800.-baht is close to PIMPING....

or they should generally say NO BARGIRLS ALLOWED here... what kind of new politics is this in LoS?

I checked the page where he booked the Deevana Patong btw, and its nowhere stated that they are

having this politics....

is it not a rule to state it somewhere BEFORE the guest is booking a room for

a couple of thousand Baht a day?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nothing to do with skin colour, only to do with bringing an unregistered girl in.

"is it not a rule to state it somewhere BEFORE the guest is booking a room for

a couple of thousand Baht a day?"

Did he ask the price for an extra guest before he booked the room?

Edited by stevenl

Nothing to do with skin colour, only to do with bringing an unregistered girl in.

yes he did. It is a double room he booked. A friend want join him on his trip to Thailand but had a time problem..so he had to go alone...

did he pay for a room with a single bed in which case a fee is payable,but a room with a double bed you have already paid.did you ask him was it worth it.

he paid for a double room via internet. There was no information on further fees ... but its very common to some hotels charging a little fee for bringing a girl in for a night....a little fee usually for using more Electric or hot water....mostly it lands in the pocket of the receptionist directly, I know it from Bkk and its ok with me...but NOT 800.-BAHT like in Deevana Hotel Patong... thats close to another room booked

yes he did. It is a double room he booked. A friend want join him on his trip to Thailand but had a time problem..so he had to go alone...

That is not an answer to my question or your own statement. So I'll ask again, this time more clearly: did he ask the price to take back to his room a non-registered guest before he booked?

The answer will be 'no'. So that means he is ordering first and asking about prices later.

did he pay for a room with a single bed in which case a fee is payable,but a room with a double bed you have already paid.did you ask him was it worth it.

he paid for a double room via internet. There was no information on further fees ... but its very common to some hotels charging a little fee for bringing a girl in for a night....a little fee usually for using more Electric or hot water....mostly it lands in the pocket of the receptionist directly, I know it from Bkk and its ok with me...but NOT 800.-BAHT like in Deevana Hotel Patong... thats close to another room booked

Just did a quick google for you on this. Prices for extra guests are nearly always more than a little for electric, I have seen 400, 500, 700, 800. Even 5,000 Baht, which basically means: extra guests not wanted.So 800 Baht is not out of the ordinary, but maybe you have not heard about these charges for a while so you're out of the loop on the present prices?

Ah the old i'll take a homeless starving lady home for the night (bar girl), pay her what she wants in love and kindness, bless you my child!!!!, the lords work can be up and down sometimes and in and out from what you are saying, then complain about a extra service charge to the hotel.

Normally the hotel staff cream a bit off, or take the whole 800baht as a fiddle or nice little earner,even handing back commission to the young lady you brought with you, simply take it up with the manager, within a second you'll have your answer

I don't know anywhere in the world where you pay for one person in a hotel room with the intention of 2 or more staying for the single price.

next they'll be complaining about the price of condoms, oooops, please tell me he takes his life seriously w00t.gif

When you check in alone, you check in as a single, even though it is the same double room at the same double room price... If you bring an unregistered guest back to your room, you are changing from a single registration to a double registration, and many hotels charge this bimbo fine...

If you are staying in a hotel that has a bimbo fine policy, make sure you check in with a partner, and willing partner... when you come staggering in late at night, the 'security guard' asks you your room number, their records show the room as being checked in as a double, and they wave you by... they won't check if it is the same partner that you checked in with...

On the negative side, they won't take your new partners ID, so if things go badly, you have no record of who that partner might have been...

Some better quality BKK hotels charge thousands, or simply refuse unregistered guests entry to preserve their image... rightly so if that is their policy... up to you the check their policy before booking if you think you will or may be bringing company back...

• Like 1

It makes me wonder. Did he bring in for long time or short time? If shorttime I would just tell the hotel staff to stuff it. What gives them the right to judge what happens in privacy. I would have said she was a freind froma long time ago and we want to talk in private in my room. None of their dam_n business what happens once in the room. My now divorced wife and I stayed at a hotel near Patong. We came back the first night about 8 pm. A hotel employee tried to stop us from getting on the elevator,I told him to mind his own business and leave my wife and I alone. He wouldnot accept this, so i gave the key to the room to my wife and told her to go to the room. I took him to the management and told him and management to run their hotel better and not to harrass the customers. Also what if the woman a guy is with is a colleaque or business associate and they wish to talk in the privacy of the room. Just to many variables to let the hotel push people around like that.

Now if he took her for longtime then the hotel has something to say but otherwise they can just mind their own business.

I forgot to mention the wife and I were checked in together also she had even made the reservation,in my name.We had same surnames because we were married.

Edited by lovelomsak
  • Like 2

It makes me wonder. Did he bring in for long time or short time? If shorttime I would just tell the hotel staff to stuff it. What gives them the right to judge what happens in privacy. I would have said she was a freind froma long time ago and we want to talk in private in my room. None of their dam_n business what happens once in the room. My now divorced wife and I stayed at a hotel near Patong. We came back the first night about 8 pm. A hotel employee tried to stop us from getting on the elevator,I told him to mind his own business and leave my wife and I alone. He wouldnot accept this, so i gave the key to the room to my wife and told her to go to the room. I took him to the management and told him and management to run their hotel better and not to harrass the customers. Also what if the woman a guy is with is a colleaque or business associate and they wish to talk in the privacy of the room. Just to many variables to let the hotel push people around like that.

Now if he took her for longtime then the hotel has something to say but otherwise they can just mind their own business.

I forgot to mention the wife and I were checked in together also she had even made the reservation,in my name.We had same surnames because we were married.

"business associate"

leave off ociate, and I think you nailed it....or at least he did.rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Just did a quick google for you on this. Prices for extra guests are nearly always more than a little for electric, I have seen 400, 500, 700, 800. Even 5,000 Baht, which basically means: extra guests not wanted.So 800 Baht is not out of the ordinary, but maybe you have not heard about these charges for a while so you're out of the loop on the present prices?

I agree with Steven.

A "Guest charge" is a subtle message that the hotel do not want you bringing back random prostitutes to their hotel.

Whilst I always enjoy watching the "walk of shame" in what seemed like a good outfit last night leaving the hotel in the morning, I'm not sure families and parents enjoy it as much as I do.

If you are going to take whores back to your room, I'm sure there are plenty of "whore friendly" hotels in Patong. Suggest you try those rather than try and justify your hobbies here.

• Like 2

"business associate"

leave off ociate, and I think you nailed it....or at least he did.rolleyes.gif

in part i agree, for security even short time or associates have to make themselves aware, example a hotel has 100 rooms, half have ladies of the night staying, theres a fire, engulfs the hotel, as in Tiger disco, without some sort of door registration how would those 50 ladies be accounted for.

the other is your in a hotel, your room gets burgled, again no door registration, who was in the hotel at that time????

Put yourself in the shoes of the hotel owner, the liability and responsibility regarding care of duty to customers is a worry if no rules are in forced.

My private condo, the security is tight, to the point of stupidity, but in hindsight i'd rather have it that way then none.

As for joining fee's, theres enough places that wave that fee, i think the larger and more up market places do it to deter the lords work being done in there rooms, remember the movie "pretty woman", a visionary bible for Thai girls, instantly the reception of these places know the score whether in new york or Phuket,

If you have plans to hopefully get lucky as in have someone spend some time in your room you should always ask if the hotel has a joiner policy as it is called... Most high end hotels have said policy but not all enforce it. The reason hotels do this is it is a huge money maker and pure profit as all cost have been factored into the standard room rate. My friend a GM at a major hotel in Pattaya says their joiner fees generate over a billion baht a year in pure profit. As a punter for lack of a better word you should always ask... You can have a frank discussion with reception and sometimes simple registering as two people will get you around this policy. As the case with my friend the policy can be waived at their discretion .

Sent from my aigoPad M80 PLUS using Thaivisa Connect App

thanks for the post. I am not native English speaking and SORRY you other so clever ppl. There may be sometimes something lost in translation but IF someone has a brain to think or even to READ and TRY to understand its possible...

Anyway, lovelomsak seems to be the only one here to understand what i am talking about... What does it concern the Deevana HOTEL what I do in my room, as long as I do not open Fires there or having noisy parties or something else forbidden or dangerous to the public going on?

They make money renting out rooms and IF there is a surcharge they have to CLEARLY STATE IT BEFORE IN THEIR REGULATIONS ... do the same in Europe or America, even in Australia and I see you in front of a court and sue you for discrimination...

and to some of the members here... Grow up...

• Like 1

Anyway, lovelomsak seems to be the only one here to understand what i am talking about...

It seems to me he is the only one who agrees with you. And there is a big difference between not understanding and disagreeing.

I agree with Steven.

A "Guest charge" is a subtle message that the hotel do not want you bringing back random prostitutes to their hotel.

Whilst I always enjoy watching the "walk of shame" in what seemed like a good outfit last night leaving the hotel in the morning, I'm not sure families and parents enjoy it as much as I do.

If you are going to take whores back to your room, I'm sure there are plenty of "whore friendly" hotels in Patong. Suggest you try those rather than try and justify your hobbies here.

absolutely DLock... THATS what I suggested to my friend BEFORE ... I got the message too with the hint...WE DO NOT WHANT WHORES HERE... BUT ... there are no whores in Thailand....thats service girls you are talking about :) ...and like I said before too, PATONG is not a place for a nice relaxing holiday, so what do you or what does the Hotelowner think why people coming there? If the hotel is a little bit flexible they can make a floor a single men only one...so they will not met couples with children....not so common there anyway in Patong...

To be honest, I drive to Patong every 4 years and I just HATE it... Its a sh1tehole, it stinks and is noisy, its like Patpong at nightime with a beach... Everybody knows that....so does the Hotel....

Anyway, lovelomsak seems to be the only one here to understand what i am talking about... What does it concern the Deevana HOTEL what I do in my room, as long as I do not open Fires there or having noisy parties or something else forbidden or dangerous to the public going on?

I, I, I, I, I. I though it was a “friend” of yours.

If you wanted someone to agree with you, why bother asking for opinions?

Edited by Shot
  • Like 1

Imagine you own a decent tourist hotel and through whatever means you manage to get it rated as two/three/four stars or whatever. You're working hard at your business and you're starting to cover your costs, you're trying hard but it's not easy. All of a sudden you have to deal with the unexpected, a foriegn guest comes to stay and it's just the business that you want, unfortunately part way through his/her stay that guest aquires a new friend, the sort of friend you know (because you are a local and you know these things) is a hooker.

Hmmm, problem, do I go for not upsetting my guest by allowing him/her to stay or do I kick him/her and his/her hooker out and loose revenue, difficult. OK, what I choose is to penalize the guest at the lower end of the financial scale and that way I keep his/her business but hopefully get the message across that we really don't like this sort of activity because it gives other guests the wrong impression.

Now do you understand!

• Like 1

It seems the consensus is because it is Patong it is acceptable to charge for people visiting the quest in their room. Please could anyone tell me where in their home country is this practiced. I donot know of anywhere in Canada,but am anxious to hear of other countries that do this. I have never been ask in Mexico,Bahamas,England,Korea,United States to name a few so please inlighten me what other countries do this.

It seems the consensus is because it is Patong it is acceptable to charge for people visiting the quest in their room. Please could anyone tell me where in their home country is this practiced. I donot know of anywhere in Canada,but am anxious to hear of other countries that do this. I have never been ask in Mexico,Bahamas,England,Korea,United States to name a few so please inlighten me what other countries do this.

I am waiting for the answers first too...before making another post.... btw. I can add Germany, Japan, Taiwan, Kenya, Tunesia, Egypt, Maldives and Tonga....I do not remember anywhere they ask me for some extra money.....

I am waiting for the answers first too...before making another post.... btw. I can add Germany, Japan, Taiwan, Kenya, Tunesia, Egypt, Maldives and Tonga....I do not remember anywhere they ask me for some extra money.....

Have you actually taken back a prostitute to your hotel room in all these countries?

If you haven't, how do you know they don't charge extra, or even not allow that guest in?

Have you actually taken back a prostitute to your hotel room in all these countries?

If you haven't, how do you know they don't charge extra, or even not allow that guest in?

We didnot mention prostitute we said a quest. Who is the judge on the persons character that is visiting.Do you take quests to your room?

Edited by lovelomsak

Imagine you own a decent tourist hotel and through whatever means you manage to get it rated as two/three/four stars or whatever. You're working hard at your business and you're starting to cover your costs, you're trying hard but it's not easy. All of a sudden you have to deal with the unexpected, a foriegn guest comes to stay and it's just the business that you want, unfortunately part way through his/her stay that guest aquires a new friend, the sort of friend you know (because you are a local and you know these things) is a hooker.

Hmmm, problem, do I go for not upsetting my guest by allowing him/her to stay or do I kick him/her and his/her hooker out and loose revenue, difficult. OK, what I choose is to penalize the guest at the lower end of the financial scale and that way I keep his/her business but hopefully get the message across that we really don't like this sort of activity because it gives other guests the wrong impression.

Now do you understand!

I understand what you are talking about and NO... I DO NOT UNDERSTAND.... IF somebody wants to open a "decent" hotel eventually upperclass...why bother to do it in Patong, where everybody knows BEFORE what kind of business is going on there`?

If I buy or build a Hotel in Londons Soho, Hamburgs Reeperbahn or Bangkoks Patpong road... I know what kind of guests I have to expect too? or do I see this wrong?

I do not say everybody who is visiting this red light districts must also be involved in the business but IF I didnt want guests like THIS ...i look for another place for making business before....

The OP fails to understand that the sole purpose of the businesses in Patong (and most other tourist destinations) is to make money, in a largely unregulated environment it's not too difficult to make up the rules as they go along - I almost like it, Thailand does punish the dim and the slow.

• Like 1

this is not an answer to the question Karen... and btw. not your business but yes, in some countries I have and in others it were friends joining me in my room AND it it concerns you... I have not slept with all of them IN THIS ROOM ..... but was never asked for some extra money...and that was the point here....