Rush Hour Hijacked By Jack Knifed Truck

Rimmer

Rush Hour Hijacked by Jack Knifed truck

b.jpg

PATTAYA:-- A truck with a second trailer jacknifed on the Sukhumvit in Pattaya in the middle of the rush our creating total havoc around the city

A Motorcyclist making a U turn on the Sukhumvit near the Pattaya South junction caused a truck driver to swerve to avoid killing him. The Cyclist is reported to have survived but the truck driver lost control of his double trailer load and as it jack-knifed during the start of the rush hour.

Traffic travelling South toward Rayong was stopped for a considerable time and tailbacks stretched the length of the road back to the North Intersection, causing tailbacks into the city too as the main arteries were blocked with vehicles expecting to enter the Sukhumvit.

Both the truck driver and motorcyclist are reported to have survived and after Police arrived the traffic was redirected. Ambulance services, however, were delayed by the nose to tail congestion in the city which was caused by the accident.

--pattaya103.com 2012-10-03

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Well

I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often with U turns in dangerous and illogical places and of course the mindless motorcyclists who will cut across the road by the shortest, most direct manner.

Well why waste the gas to go to a further u-turn point so that you have plenty of distance to safely cross all lanes of traffic when you can make a direct b-line across the hwy during rush hour? Same logic applies for not using headlights.. don't want to waste the battery.

Well

I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often with U turns in dangerous and illogical places and of course the mindless motorcyclists who will cut across the road by the shortest, most direct manner.

Well why waste the gas to go to a further u-turn point so that you have plenty of distance to safely cross all lanes of traffic when you can make a direct b-line across the hwy during rush hour? Same logic applies for not using headlights.. don't want to waste the battery.

I was reliable informed that using your lights uses up more petrol. Mind you if you get knocked off and killed you use no petrol at all

Well

I was reliable informed that using your lights uses up more petrol. Mind you if you get knocked off and killed you use no petrol at all

cheesy.gif

Using headlights or any lights does not use more fuel or lessen the life of the battery.

They cause the alternator to kick in, which means the engine has to work harder and use more fuel.

Using headlights or any lights does not use more fuel or lessen the life of the battery.

They cause the alternator to kick in, which means the engine has to work harder and use more fuel.

That is so insignificant it's not worth mentioning. You will waste more fuel by being in the wrong gear for more than a few seconds (somethat is part of the uk driver training and testing).

Well

I agree see it so many times.. driving on the wrong side of the road.. taking shortcuts ect.

I drive on one spot that i make an extra 5km just to do an u turn. Of course the Thais don't do that but i rather be safe and not lower myself to their standards.

That is so insignificant it's not worth mentioning. You will waste more fuel by being in the wrong gear for more than a few seconds (somethat is part of the uk driver training and testing).

post-49205-0-94453200-1349329391_thumb.j

My comments were made in jest as I have heard that excuse many times from Thais. They do seem to understand it better once I explain where a running car gets it's electricity from.

• Like 1

ok Jayman, being a forum and not knowing each other doesn't help. Yes, I've had Thais say that to me as I live near a small lane that is unlit at night and motorcycles whizz through with no lights on :-/

Yes it's very hard to read the tone of a post. I myself suffer from not knowing when someone is being seriously daft or making jokes.

My comments stems from their logic about darting across the lanes rather than going the extra few meters to find a safer u-turn spot where they can safely move to the other side of the highway rather than just try and go straight across. I honestly see that more than any other aspect of their driving. Shows a distinct lack or forward vision on the part of the drivers.

My comments were made in jest as I have heard that excuse many times from Thais. They do seem to understand it better once I explain where a running car gets it's electricity from.

engine power soaked up by a loaded alternator could be as much as 1-3%, a modern car could have quite a load going on there with lights - fuel injection - computer controlled everything - high powered stereo - tv screens everywhere - various fans etc etc but just for lights 220w (4x55w) hard to justify keeping them off