Park Service Raids Chiang Mai Snake Farms

Lite Beer

Park service raids Chiang Mai snake farms

image_20121003174553263B52E9-930A-C225-82BF57576DCF5EDE.jpg

CHIANG MAI, Oct 3 –Thailand’s National Park, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Department officials raided three snake farms in the northern province of Chiang Mai and ordered them temporarily closed after they were found to have snakes in possession without permission.

Deputy Director General Theerapat Prayurasiddhi and Wildlife Conservation Division 16th Conservation Area director Chongklai Worapongsathorn led 80 agents on a search of three snake farms in Mae Rim district after receiving a complaint that the farms possessed snakes illegally.

The three farms organised snake shows and displayed snakes to tourists. The farms had no permits for the snakes which were reserved and protected wildlife species.

The department ordered the three farms to temporarily suspend their services after finding hundreds of unlicensed serpents, including Burmese pythons, reticulated pythons, king cobras, sunbeam snakes, and Indochinese rat snakes.

The snakes were seized and sent to wildlife breeding centres at Omkoi and Hot districts while the vipers were to be sent to the snake farm at the Queen Saovabha Memorial Institute in Bangkok.

Mr Chongklai said there were nine snake farms along the tourism route in Mae Rim district and all would be inspected to prevent illegal trading of protected wildlife which may affect the ecosystem. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-10-03

• Like 1

Ya, can you imagine all those snakes on the loose when the flooding hits and the snake farm owners loose control of the cages.

Can't see any reason why anyone would want to go see a snake show in the first place. The first girl I met in Thailand wanted to take me to a crocodile farm. I said no. She couldn't understand why I would rather sit by the pool, watch women in bikinis and drink a beer instead of looking at crocodiles. Funny what people find interesting.

Ya, can you imagine all those snakes on the loose when the flooding hits and the snake farm owners loose control of the cages.

Can't see any reason why anyone would want to go see a snake show in the first place. The first girl I met in Thailand wanted to take me to a crocodile farm. I said no. She couldn't understand why I would rather sit by the pool, watch women in bikinis and drink a beer instead of looking at crocodiles. Funny what people find interesting.

yeah, same same them temples and things.

You were just looking at tigers, with lipstick