Thai Police Probe Online Pic Of Toddler Smoking Drugs

webfact

Police probe online pic of toddler smoking drugs

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Police in the North are investigating a Facebook photo of a 2-year-old girl smoking amphetamine with the assistance of unidentified adults.

Pol Lt-Colonel Wibool Kedchat said yesterday that the consumption method was popular among adult users. There was a lighter designed to produce a special flame and a sheet of aluminium foil formed into the shape of a spoon.

The picture was probably taken at a kindergarten or nursery, judging from the mattress laid down in a spacious room, he said.

The girl, with her face openly shown, is using a straw to inhale fumes from a yaba tablet burning in the special spoon.

Wibool said the adults might be the girl's parents or relatives who were drug users. If arrested, they would be charged with assault, selling drugs or encouraging minors to act indecently or illegally.

What was most worrying was the girl's physical condition, which reflects extensive use of yaba, he said.

A police cybercrime unit is tracking the Facebook's physical location and the profile of the registered user of the page, possibly based in Chiang Mai and reportedly working as a part-time rescue worker, to find the source of the photo.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-10-05

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Track these animals down and make them disappear in the prison system forever, if that toddler is addicted it will have ruined her whole life, it will be a mammoth task to break her of the addiction and to keep her from going back to it as she grows up, poor child.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

At a loss for words except <deleted>! sad.png That adds a whole new dimension on the definition of child abuse. Can only hope they find them ASAP and get her to a safe place and care. Won't say what I think about the parents or I would run afoul of the forum rules.

//edit - one can only hope it was contrived GK.

There is also the chance it was contrived, i.e. posed. It wouldn't be the first time.

I really don't spend alot of time having my 5 year old pose with a joint, though she does light my cigarettes for me.

I think you need to have limits.

So, you are allowing your daughter to participate in assisted suicide?
  • Like 1

There is also the chance it was contrived, i.e. posed. It wouldn't be the first time.

Agreed it could be 'photo shopped' but to what end? A tasteless joke? A bet? What is the gain? If genuine I hope those responsible get life! Unfortunately there is only one victim/loser that is the poor child.

I do hope so. I know that many people do 'dumb' or 'funny' photos on facebook.

lets hope its a stupid funny photo (that someone thought funny). Yes, its a bad idea for a funny photo, but hopefully not real.

if its real, then its very sad how any adult could do this to a child. i wonder what the adult gains from this?

I hope they find these animals and execute them. What a disgusting thing to submit a child to - this goes well beyond sensibility and understanding.

Execute them?? Slow down it's only 7.32 am. Sentencing people to death before coffee is no way to start a Friday.

Agree! if the photo is not fake or 'pretending', then its a bit over-the-top to put someone to death!

- Long-Term Jail sentence would be more appropriate. (not death!!!)

At a loss for words except <deleted>! sad.png That adds a whole new dimension on the definition of child abuse. Can only hope they find them ASAP and get her to a safe place and care. Won't say what I think about the parents or I would run afoul of the forum rules.

//edit - one can only hope it was contrived GK.

+1
  • Like 1

I really don't spend alot of time having my 5 year old pose with a joint, though she does light my cigarettes for me.

I hope this is a joke.

Spending any time, let alone a lot of time, having your 5 year old pose with a joint is obviously wrong.

As for lighting your cigarettes, I hope it's outside and you're not smoking indoors with a child present.

I hope this is a joke.

Spending any time, let alone a lot of time, having your 5 year old pose with a joint is obviously wrong.

As for lighting your cigarettes, I hope it's outside and you're not smoking indoors with a child present.

we only smoke weed indoors, for cigarettes i go outside.

of course its a joke.

Edited by tinfoilhat
  • Like 1