Kata, Karon, Patong Bus Route.

up2you2

I'm not sure, if one of 'em will apply for the Patong route.

Na, only with a chain drive, they can make 2 drives in a row, scheduled, to Patong!

I agree. Definately need a chain drive. Rubber tyres would not even be able to get over Patong Hill, considering half of it has washed away. :)

Then, there are the massive pot holes - despite the road repair company getting a 100 billion baht contract to fix them. :) I suppose if you are in the Thai family that got the contract, driving over those pot holes doesn't seem so bad when you are in a BMW or a Mercedes. :)

Then, you have the road closures due to flooding to get through. So, may need a snorkel on the air intake. :)

After all that, THEN, you have tuk-tuk drivers who will try to drag you out of the turret and kill you because they do not want to have to compete with a legitimate business, so, for them, a .50cal is a must have. I would be personally happy to man that gun myself, even without a work permit. :)

The problem is, fuel is going up 4 satang, just for Phuket, so, if these new buses are run by Thai's, I expect a ride from Patong to Kata to go from 20 baht to 250 baht, because fuel has gone up. :)

The problem is, fuel is going up 4 satang, just for Phuket, so, if these new buses are run by Thai's, I expect a ride from Patong to Kata to go from 20 baht to 250 baht, because fuel has gone up. smile.png

There is no such thing planed, like a 'bus from Patong to Kata! (only the usual red and yellow ones)

It's all about Airport to: Kamala / Kata-Karon / Rawai

No one is fighting the Tuk Tuks, and trying to open a 'west coast bus link'!

And:

All this buses will have to offer the last fair, as soon it is dark.

clap2.gif

It's for the image, not to become a solution!

The problem is, fuel is going up 4 satang, just for Phuket, so, if these new buses are run by Thai's, I expect a ride from Patong to Kata to go from 20 baht to 250 baht, because fuel has gone up. smile.png

There is no such thing planed, like a 'bus from Patong to Kata! (only the usual red and yellow ones)

And:

clap2.gif

Let's see I here the lovely Russians are looking into it ......should prove interesting if this happens...

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

And:

clap2.gif

Let's see I here the lovely Russians are looking into it ......should prove interesting if this happens...

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

A route, from the airport to Patong?

Or a west coast link, to connect all tourist locations with each other, without going via Phuket town?

And not stopping service at 7pm?

Not that I would have much bigger trust in Russian (travel) mafia instead, but a competition could clean the market.

By the way, I got told, in Pattaya, the Russian competitors to the Thai girls are on the same price level. Is that rumor or the truth?

I can only imagine, the competitors 'short' price would be equal to the locals 'long' price, but you never know.

Edited by noob7