Tool Hire?

TS79

Not the type readily available in Soi Paradise!

I need to drill a 100mm hole through a double skin concrete wall and need a pretty heavy duty cutter to do it. I only need 1 hole so don't really want to fork out to buy one. I guess I could phone an Air Con shop as they use these tools to make the holes for the pipes through the wall but is a bit cheeky and they probably wouldn't be interested in a few hundred baht only.

Any ideas? Anyone have one I could borrow for an hour? I'm in Kathu.

There is a little mini-mart shop that rents out tools on Trang Road in Rassada, just south of the three-way junction at the start of Rassadanusorn Road (at the border between Phuket Town and Rassada)....I don't know if they have the kind of drill you need though...

@ LIK

Doesn't need to be 100mm but certainy bigger than 60mm (kind of drink coaster size). I'm relocating a CCTV DVR with loads of coax cables that need passing through the hole.

@ Old Croc

I didn't want to take the drilling loads of small holes route as it is very messy and would like a clean cut hole. The two skins are probably 20 - 25cm total depth so would need a long drill bit also or drill from both sides.

@Phuketsub

Cheers, I'll see if I can find a number and ask them.

Think that you're talking about a hole saw (concrete specific), not a drill bit. Example here, but don't know where you would actually get one:

Yup, a hole saw just like that. Probably pretty expensive to buy for just 1 hole. I only mentioned drill bit if I was drilling the circumference to knock through but would rather not do it that way.