How To Reach Ramkamhaeng (By Canal) From Mrt?

kian

Hi everyone, can you help me please to understand the way to reach soi 89 ramkamhaeng rd, in bangkapi, bangkok, using the canal boat, and MRT systems, i believe if I reach Petchaburi MRT, i can then walk a short distance to the smaller Canal, which can take me to Bangkapi mall pier, (the last stop), is that true? If yes, what time does the last boat leave near Petchaburi MRT to go Bangkapi? thanks

The boats leave from the pier almost opposite Central World, get on the boat before the bridge over the canal. I'm not sure how late they run, I think it's about 8pm.

You can also catch the boat near the Petchaburi MRT, it's a couple of minutes walk along the footpath, turn sharp right as you leave the station.

Of course to get to MRT station you need to get the BTS to Sukhumvit and then change onto the MRT for the one stop to Petchaburi, the Asoke station can get pretty busy at certain times as can the pier, you might want to consider starting your journey near Central.

ask Mr. WIKI, there is some information on the Khlong saensaeb system to be found. acces from MRT to the KhlongBoat is not very convenient, always some kind of walk involved. if using MRT, better take the Bus down Ramkhamhaeng Road. there are several Soi 89, by the way. and it is a very very long way to walk from the Khlongboat's Mall Bangkapi stop !!!. because you need to walk back 200 meters to cross SaenSaeb, then walk down that Soi back to Ramkhamhaeng Road (that is about 400 Meters already), then walk along Ramkhamhaeng Road to reach Soi 89 or 89/1 or 89/2 (that would be even further). can be 800 - 1000 Meters, even though your actual destination may be only 100 meters away - but u do not want to cross that black slurry that is SaenSaeb and swim through it just to make a shortcut, don't you ?

Edited by siam2007

avoid busy Phetburi rd and take the bus from along RamIX-1 stop onward on the MRT-nr. 168 or 137. Even better would have been to tell us where you start from-there may be other alternatives.

There is NO official last boat time-this is TH-remember? But after the normal daytime service ceases, around dusk, due to danger, (farang should change their mindset first before asking such awkward Qs anyway) there are ''wildcat''boats, only serving stops asked for by passengers-and they only collect at some major spots.

Ok thanks, i start at Lumphini MRT, i will catch the canal as the sun is going down, or just before sunset, my destination is Soi 89/2, looking at google maps, i noticed the soi is opposite the Bangkapi Mall pier, and there appears to be 2 bridges there,

http://goo.gl/maps/kXiPx

Will i be able to get off that stop, is that the last stop, or do I have to request it? Then cross the bridge, and walk back along the main road to reach the soi

I was thinking about the bus, but i don't want to get stuck in traffic, i don't have the patience for it, and i have to travel in rush hour probably

Ok thanks, i start at Lumphini MRT, i will catch the canal as the sun is going down, or just before sunset, my destination is Soi 89/2, looking at google maps, i noticed the soi is opposite the Bangkapi Mall pier, and there appears to be 2 bridges there,

http://goo.gl/maps/kXiPx

Will i be able to get off that stop, is that the last stop, or do I have to request it? Then cross the bridge, and walk back along the main road to reach the soi

I was thinking about the bus, but i don't want to get stuck in traffic, i don't have the patience for it, and i have to travel in rush hour probably

"Will i be able to get off that stop' Yes in fact most people will get off here.

"is that the last stop" No but its the one most people will get off at, its right next to The Mall Bangkapi, the big yellow building on your LH side.

"or do I have to request it?" No need to request it, see answer above.

'i will catch the canal as the sun is going down', best of luck to you, probably the worst time of day to ride the boat, commuters packed in like sardines, some boats are so full they dont bother stopping at every stop, very doubtful you will get a seat and will have to stand.

If your intention is a quiet stress free river tour, think again.

After getting off the boat at The Mall, follow the crowd, they will cross the pedestrian crossing and go straight ahead into the carpark of The Mall, you dont go straight ahead, instead follow the canal back the way you came and you will come across the bridge on your LH side, go over the bridge, the carpark is on your RH side,keep walking until you get to Ramkamhaeng Rd, cant remember the soi number, turn right and head for soi 89.