My Wife Wants To Leave The Uk And Go Back To Thailand

to the OP, be careful if she has Thai friends in the UK, if she reports you for violence towards her, then that is her ticket away from you, normally Thai women use it to stay in the UK, but she can use this to get out of the UK and she would state she is scared and frightened.

Please be careful, contact a solicitor as soon as possible.

• Like 1

In a court case dealing with residency etc the parents are considered of more minor importance. They deal with what is considered best for the child. All relevent parties will have a chance to be heard but the Judge ultimately decides what is in the childs best interests.

Absolutely correct, bob, but as the child is so very young here in effect it would be whose parental 'care' plan is the more convincing. Finances are certainly important too.

to the OP, be careful if she has Thai friends in the UK, if she reports you for violence towards her, then that is her ticket away from you, normally Thai women use it to stay in the UK, but she can use this to get out of the UK and she would state she is scared and frightened.

An accusation of domestic violence is not enough; some form of evidence, such as medical, police and/or social services reports, would be required.

Particulalrly if someone is applying to remain in the UK under the domestic violence rules.

Thai passports certainly need BOTH parents to sign for them, in person.

That's correct !

Either parent can apply for a UK passport for their child, unless an objection has been lodged at a United Kingdom Identity and Passport Service office.

I would kick that witch to the curb if she was still in contact with former "customers".

You're better off if she leaves you IMHO.

Best you contact a barrister in the UK, TV can only give you basic information at best. If the UK is similar to the US you would be best to document (hidden video/audio) of the wife blackmailing you. This you could use in a court to prove she should not be allowed to take your child out of the country. Custody wouldn't even help you if she gets out of the country how would they proceed to get her to return with the baby to the UK. Better if she isn't allowed to leave with the baby in the first place.

Yes i'll defo be trying to get it recorded thumbsup.gif

Not sure how i'd legally stop her getting out the country, I have her passport in my safe as i wanted it somewhere really safe because it has the ILR in it, but all she'd have to do is call the cops and they'd arrest me if i didn't give it back to her.

Poste haste, get yourself down to the citizens' advice because, with all due respect, you dont seem to be able to afford a lawyer. And start hard - tell them about her being an ex prostitute and that ex johns are offering to fund her escape with your son.

Also, record her threatening and blackmailing you. IF you cant afford a Dictaphone then PM me and I'll send you one mate, I am sure you are good for its return some time. I know what its like to be on minimum wage and broke.

Minimum wage,scares the shit out of Thai women,good luck.

Utter Nonsense. Please dont stereotype all Thai women to be money grabbing prozzies.

+1 to that.

Can you not get legal aid? Its prob been said in other posts, but years ago when i was a young man i was given it (divorce). Its prob all changed but worth asking the question.

Edited by Kiggs

An accusation of domestic violence is not enough; some form of evidence, such as medical, police and/or social services reports, would be required.

Particulalrly if someone is applying to remain in the UK under the domestic violence rules.

This is very true, but how many times have you bumped against something and a bruise has formed, the person could do this, go to a doctor show the bruise, and say she had been hit, the doctor has a bruise which is evidence enough a report is then written, not a nice way to do things but very possible.

"i think it would be illegal for me the withold the babies documents from my wife..."

Your wife has threatened you, blackmailed you, and you're concerned about her? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Too, I'd be really interested in what your wife is blackmailing you over. Regardless, your wife has threatened to steal your child, and I'm not sure why you haven't contact the police.