Anyone Playing Arma 2 Or Day Z?

davejonesbkk

Thanks, are you referring to servers for Arma 2 or Day Z? I didn't think there would be Thai servers for either...

Tried any of the Aus or NZ servers?

I'm asking because I've had my eye on getting a gaming PC for a while now and mainly for these 2 games so wanna make sure I can play them before forking out the cash!

Ok thanks. Ive been reading about it on a lot of websites and blogs and there seem to be quite a few people saying that it was awesome when it first came out but is now being ruined by people just sniping others for no reason and hackers, is this true?

Yeah, many hackers. I got so angry at them that I installed a hack to kill them. I got globally banned. I will purchase another one, as I thoroughly miss playing it and what I did was stupid.

The program they use to monitor hacks, battleye, is a pain in the ass, but it works quite well with new hackers and idiots like me.

The standalone version of dayz will be out in November. Warz is out on the 15th. of this month. Google it. great looking alternative to dayz (and they were creating it before dayz).

With regards to sniping, the game is now pvp (player versus player). The zombies are simply an annoyance now for me. I have been going solo, raiding tents and getting supplies. With so many times offering to help or not aiming my weapons at players and then getting shot, it is better to shoot and kill now.

But if you get online, let me know and we can team up and be two <deleted> having fun on the internet. smile.png

Yeah Ive been watching YouTube videos and also reading extensively about hows it all pvp now and the problem with hackers etc. I have also been reading the fanboy rage arguements between dayz and warz and which came first. The graphics on warz do look much better but I watched a couple of pvp videos the other day and it looked very call of duty with a couple of guys with heaps of weapons running around sniping people with extreme ease. I find the over all dreary look of Day z much better tbh. Im definitley open to trying all versions though.

I'll be up for co-oping too , looking to try Arama2 also and BF3 for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

OK got myself an ace PC (i7, 8GB ram and Gegorce GTX 660 Ti 2GB) and played Dayz quite a bit already with a friend.

How can we connect? Via steam accounts?

My steam and skype ID: davejonesbkk

Btw, do you know any asian servers that have perpetual daytime? Playing at night is too dam_n hard :/

ah ok, on Dayz im 'David'. Im not sure how to 'add' you in this game though. Been playing it solidly for 24 hrs now and loving it, already got NVGs and a good job cos I just had to slog it from Elektro to Cherno in the pitch black and pouring rain to search in the hospital for antibiotics cos had an infection all day, need someone to give me a blood transfusion now as Im quite low, have 2 packs tho.

Ive been on a variety of Thai, SG and JP servers, been pvp killed loads on the latter two but on the Thai ones everyone seems way more friendly, however I have noticed that most of them are on veteran so making it a bit too tough for my liking tbh. I went on the no cd key one (GGDayZ) earlier and I had lost all my gear but it was back when I went on another. There is one called ThaiDayz I want to get on as its on regular hardness but it always boots me and says im not whitelisted :/

I will probably be on again tomorrow evening.

Edited by davejonesbkk

Ok. On the Thai servers, the Thais have no polite rules. They all talk on the mic rather than use teamspeak or skype. So it interrupts the sounds of the game. I do not play so late at night.

See you when I see you.

On dayzcommander, you can add friends. Not within arma2, however. Too many Davids, so create a new profile in arma and give yourself a cool name. You keep all your gear when you change names, so no worries.