Trans Fat Content At Kfc/ Mcdonald's In Thai ?

duiter

Everyone know's fast food and such is not healthy, its up to them to decide to eat there or not. Your body weight and appearance (as far as overweight and such) is a result of your choices. Nobody forces that hamburger down your throat. Also 1 burger wont make you fat but continuously eating bad food and too much will.

A burger is a millions times healthier than 99% of what thais eat on a daily basis though.

Beef, bread and sesame seeds, tomatoes, lettuce, onions. No oil and no unhealthy sauce. Just ketchup/mustard/relish depending on preference

I believe so! That's why most Thais are obese and most Americans are so slim and healthy.

I can't say about all chains, but US based chains are completely anal about having all franchisees use the same methods and ingredients. If you walk into a McDonalds or Burger King in any country in the world you expect the food to be exactly what you're used to. Any franchisee who thinks he has a better idea will lose his franchise. I would bet if you studied MDee's food ingredients on google you'd soon know what's in it.

Edit. I do recall news that McD and BK and others went from using unhealthy fats to healthier fats in their friers just a few years ago. This was from public pressure and bad publicity.

The only two things a McD franchise cannot change in another country are the golden arches and Ronald MacDonald.

Look at India for example, Raja burgers, veggie burgeres etc. ( Can still get a fillet o fish )

I can't say about all chains, but US based chains are completely anal about having all franchisees use the same methods and ingredients. If you walk into a McDonalds or Burger King in any country in the world you expect the food to be exactly what you're used to. Any franchisee who thinks he has a better idea will lose his franchise. I would bet if you studied MDee's food ingredients on google you'd soon know what's in it.

Edit. I do recall news that McD and BK and others went from using unhealthy fats to healthier fats in their friers just a few years ago. This was from public pressure and bad publicity.

The only two things a McD franchise cannot change in another country are the golden arches and Ronald MacDonald.

Look at India for example, Raja burgers, veggie burgeres etc. ( Can still get a fillet o fish )

Another nonesense post. Read the McD franchinse agreement.

yeah tahts why i make homemade nachos with beef every night after work. Cooked in olive oil, fat drained and tons of veggies and no cheese sauce, real cheese. Turns from fastfood to very healthy

I don't care how you make Nachos Jebus, they ain't healthy

A burger is a millions times healthier than 99% of what thais eat on a daily basis though.

Beef, bread and sesame seeds, tomatoes, lettuce, onions. No oil and no unhealthy sauce. Just ketchup/mustard/relish depending on preference

What country do you live in?

More like what planet are you from?

What country do you live in?

More like what planet are you from?

Huh?

post-73727-0-46663800-1349862595_thumb.j

Edited by chiangmaikelly

Another ludicrous Thais are stupid thread and I would bet 90% of the posters are unhealthy and overweight. Thais are definitely eating more western food and their waists are expending. Papaya salad and pork and basil are arguably the most popular dishes. How unhealthy are these?

I believe so! That's why most Thais are obese and most Americans are so slim and healthy.

Thais are getting fatter than americans. The only reason americans are still fatter is that they have social help when they stop working. It feeds them.

A lot of thais would love to eat 40 pack of lobster chips per day or 500 saussage from 7/11 but they simply cant afford it.

yeah tahts why i make homemade nachos with beef every night after work. Cooked in olive oil, fat drained and tons of veggies and no cheese sauce, real cheese. Turns from fastfood to very healthy

I don't care how you make Nachos Jebus, they ain't healthy

what kind of uneducated moron are you? Tell me one ingrediant in homemade nachos that is unhealthy or high in calories? With 20-30 nacho chips it comes out to about 400 calories of pure healthy food.

Another ludicrous Thais are stupid thread and I would bet 90% of the posters are unhealthy and overweight. Thais are definitely eating more western food and their waists are expending. Papaya salad and pork and basil are arguably the most popular dishes. How unhealthy are these?

The pork is unsanitary in thailand and it's also cooked in a lot of oil(and they dont drain it before dumping it in the plate). White rice is one of the unhealthiest/worthless natural food on this planet, its a crappy filler. The sauces they add on the pork and basil are no better. Also it lacks all that is good about meal ie: Quality carbs/fats/vitamins. Not a well balanced meal.

Sumtam is FILLED with sugar/MSG. Most thais also eat it with rotten fish entrail sauce and other fatty addons. But a pure Sumtam with no sugar is good. I think we're the only household in thailand that eat it this way, so overall its not that healthy.

Also don't forget that every single thai eats 2-3 street side snacks during their day. Which are even more horrible for your health than the regular cheap meals.

Edited by BabyJebus

The pork is unsanitary in thailand and it's also cooked in a lot of oil(and they dont drain it before dumping it in the plate). White rice is one of the unhealthiest/worthless natural food on this planet, its a crappy filler. The sauces they add on the pork and basil are no better. Also it lacks all that is good about meal ie: Quality carbs/fats/vitamins. Not a well balanced meal.

Sumtam is FILLED with sugar/MSG. Most thais also eat it with rotten fish entrail sauce and other fatty addons. But a pure Sumtam with no sugar is good. I think we're the only household in thailand that eat it this way, so overall its not that healthy.

Also don't forget that every single thai eats 2-3 street side snacks during their day. Which are even more horrible for your health than the regular cheap meals.

What kind of uneducated moron are you? Where you come from that you don now nuttin?

• Like 1

What kind of uneducated moron are you? Where you come from that you don now nuttin?

I must say i agree with him about the street food, and the quality of it. This does not mean that the average westerner eats much better. But its certainly not a healthy diet.

You need some complex carbs, and the cheap palm oil used and reused here is not that good for your health. There is not that much vegetables or meat in the disses. (how can there be for 35-40 bt) If you make Thai food at home you can improve a lot, street food is the Thai version of fast food. If you make your Thai dishes with more vegetables / brown rice and use better oils and no sugar or msg your already way ahead towards a healthy meal. The street vendors cant make it for that price and there would probably be no market for it.

My staff eat mostly at 7/11...that hot dog and burger there....horrible food but at least I think it is clean there.

pork and basil is just another name for minced pork (lean to fat ratio, 20:80) marinated in palm oil. never fail to get heartburn eating that

I give up. All Thais are morons and the posters on this thread are healthier than the average Thai. Then again I could jump on the scooter and look at, Russians not included, Farangs in the neighborhood. Not a picture of health IMO. Funny how there are so many experts on Thai visa that know when oils are changed and the fat content of pork. Just for all the better than thou crowd, I eat street food and my body fat is less than 5% at 165 lbs, 5'11", and 45 yo. I'm also pretty.

I give up. All Thais are morons and the posters on this thread are healthier than the average Thai. Then again I could jump on the scooter and look at, Russians not included, Farangs in the neighborhood. Not a picture of health IMO. Funny how there are so many experts on Thai visa that know when oils are changed and the fat content of pork. Just for all the better than thou crowd, I eat street food and my body fat is less than 5% at 165 lbs, 5'11", and 45 yo. I'm also pretty.

I never said Thais are morrons, i said that street food isn't healthy its loaded with sugar and msg. Not to mention loads of rice and only a little meat and some vegetables fried in old oils.

This is of course not strange at all its what you can expect at those prices. However if Thai food is prepared at home and traditional it can be health for sure.

And yes i think im healthier then the average Thai and know more about food too. I wish i had your body fat but i kinda doubt your percentage as its too low to maintain.

But has it ever occurred to you that health conscious people post in topics like that and the non health conscious people don't so a topic like this is not a representation of the real world.

For the record im around your height and 209lbs

I never said Thais are morrons, i said that street food isn't healthy its loaded with sugar and msg. Not to mention loads of rice and only a little meat and some vegetables fried in old oils.

This is of course not strange at all its what you can expect at those prices. However if Thai food is prepared at home and traditional it can be health for sure.

And yes i think im healthier then the average Thai and know more about food too. I wish i had your body fat but i kinda doubt your percentage as its too low to maintain.

But has it ever occurred to you that health conscious people post in topics like that and the non health conscious people don't so a topic like this is not a representation of the real world.

Makes sense and we are different body builds. I'm a runner and perform best at lower body fat percentages and if injured, as you stated, it is nearly impossible to maintain close to 5%. I wasn't singling you out and just get a little frustrated with the superior attitude and stupid baseless comments McD's changes their oils once a week, the guy that knows the fat content of pork in Thai dishes ( hint they differ greatly by vendor), and the list goes on.

Imagine a Thai reading this thread and telling his friends the baboons are ridiculing our driving, women, education, business acumen, and "get this" the fat Farangs are now telling us how unhealthy we eat.

Makes sense and we are different body builds. I'm a runner and perform best at lower body fat percentages and if injured, as you stated, it is nearly impossible to maintain close to 5%. I wasn't singling you out and just get a little frustrated with the superior attitude and stupid baseless comments McD's changes their oils once a week, the guy that knows the fat content of pork in Thai dishes ( hint they differ greatly by vendor), and the list goes on.

Imagine a Thai reading this thread and telling his friends the baboons are ridiculing our driving, women, education, business acumen, and "get this" the fat Farangs are now telling us how unhealthy we eat.

Sure people overdo it a bit at the forum, anyway im no expert on how many times MCD changes oils and such i never eat there. I only know its hard to make a healthy meal for only 30-40 bt. Its mainly a load of rice with if lucky some vegetables and meat. Problem is they also use a lot of sugar msg and old oils.

I think Thai street food should not be compared with home cooked Thai food.. that can be a lot healthier. But that is the same with everything you cook yourself. You got control over what you put in it. But you cant expect much from real cheap food. But that does not mean all Thai food is unhealthy.

i didnt post any shit about thai or western food and im sorry you don't catch the exaggerated statement to your ridiculously unhealthy are pork & basil. im not comparing anything but to your question. so are you telling me they are healthy? what kind of healthy food are fried with palm oil served along with a load of simple carbohydrate? in a short question to you, are fried pork & basil healthy?

and you claim to have bf of less than 5% and eat street food. i would assume you done your cheat meals with street food if not i would believe it is rather impossible. i have done keto diet with my regime strictly and never ever achieve a bf ratio of 5% measured from calipers. of course i could get 3% bf readings from electronic scales as i could easily dehydrate on keto diet, but that is bullshit.

I think im qualified enough as i owned a restaurant here and the only people we know all own and work in local restaurants.

Thais are unhealthy like people from ghettos in the west. They have no idea what they put in their mouth and they cant stop themselves from eating mama noodles and a bunch of deep fried disease infected meats left to rot in the sun. The average thai is getting fatter and in 10years they'll be just like our good friend of the america's texas.

Seriously everytime i hit 7/11 at 1-2am for some milk there's always at least 4-5 people and very often with their 2-7years old kids getting dirty snacks and a coke slurpee. When its earlier people are lining up for the deep fried sausage in the cart next to 7 . When that cart drives into my moobaan there's minimum 5 people everyday who buy for 100+baht of deep fried crap and we only have 25 house in the moobaan. Half of those being fed that are kids.

i didnt post any shit about thai or western food and im sorry you don't catch the exaggerated statement to your ridiculously unhealthy are pork & basil. im not comparing anything but to your question. so are you telling me they are healthy? what kind of healthy food are fried with palm oil served along with a load of simple carbohydrate? in a short question to you, are fried pork & basil healthy?

and you claim to have bf of less than 5% and eat street food. i would assume you done your cheat meals with street food if not i would believe it is rather impossible. i have done keto diet with my regime strictly and never ever achieve a bf ratio of 5% measured from calipers. of course i could get 3% bf readings from electronic scales as i could easily dehydrate on keto diet, but that is bullshit.

Calm down and it isn't too difficult to grasp how my body fat is less than 5% when not injured. Most fast runners are less than 8% and many under 5%. We don't "dehydrate" ( not even sure how a runner would do this here without passing out) and simply eat a balanced "calorie" diet. If we burn 4000 calories we consume roughly 4000 calories - it isn't rocket science.

As the poster above (not you) states, many Thais are now eating their meals from 7 11 and these snacks are packed with calories and offer little value. I'll stick with my street food from vendors that prepare it the way I prefer. Some vendors make dishes with fatty meats and loads of oils, I avoid these vendors. I eat my simple carbs, vegies, and proteins at places that make food the way I prefer and they aren't hard to find. Going agro over my "pork and basil" comment isn't going to alter the fact that the meal is healthy in many situations.