Finnish Man Fatally Stabbed By Thai Girlfriend In South Pattaya

webfact

According to my research Thailand is 4th in the league table of homicides per capita and third in the league table of countries where homicide involves the use of a gun. The UN data referred to above is compiled from various sources almost all of which are nothing to do with the UN - national police figures, government figures, NGO figures and so on - nearly all of which seem grossly unreliable to me. Even using that data Thailand ranks 8th behind Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Dominican Republic and Pakistan - many in areas of civil unrest - Bermuda where there were only 8 cases (but small population - hardly statistically a good comparison) and Uraguay. The next country on the list is Israel! For a supposedly peaceful country Thailand has an appalling record and frankly society should be asking itself some tough questions.

I would assume you use, completely wrong counted satistics from www.nationmaster, but anyway, look here.

Thailand is by far not bad, similar to the USA in the murder rate per 100.000 inhabitants.

http://en.wikipedia....l_homicide_rate

Edited by ALFREDO

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry, but I believe your statistics are in error. The link below quotes over 20,000 Thai gun murders per year, as compared to the USA wit 9,400 Gun related deaths.

http://www.nationmas...s-with-firearms

No, sorry, Nationmaster is completely wrong!

First somebody there counted all (Firearm) murders from an unspecified number of years of some countries and counted them together.

Not every country the same number of years!

Says nothing of course.

If Thailand has 20.000 Gun murders per year same you claim, why has than Thailand only 3.300 number if murder a year Over all?

See here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

according to nationmaster , it is 1430 x more likely to be murdered with a firearm in thailand than the UK , I cant find a figure for knife crime but would be suprised if it was not 10x or more than that of the UK , murders by youths is x 6 and if anything thai figures are understated we all know that . knife or gun is irrelevant , .........its still murder <deleted>

Nationmaster is a completely outdated website, which operates also with crazy wrong stats from people who have no common sense!

Look here and check yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

I don't know the guy who was killed but shouldn't it be a case of RIP to the poor guy and finish the topic rather than stupid comments, figures and speculation about what goes on here?

Surely if any details or facts turn up another thread can be opened?

Just a thought.

• Like 1

Sorry, but I believe your statistics are in error. The link below quotes over 20,000 Thai gun murders per year, as compared to the USA wit 9,400 Gun related deaths.

http://www.nationmas...s-with-firearms

No, sorry, Nationmaster is completely wrong!

First somebody there counted all (Firearm) murders from an unspecified number of years of some countries and counted them together.

Not every country the same number of years!

Says nothing of course.

If Thailand has 20.000 Gun murders per year same you claim, why has than Thailand only 3.300 number if murder a year Over all?

See here.

http://en.wikipedia....l_homicide_rate

I didn't know this was a thread about gun crimes? Cool.smile.png Just what we needed.

I didn't know this was a thread about gun crimes? Cool.smile.png Just what we needed.

When you look exactly, all my Posts where only attempts to make wrong posted numbers and data, right.

I'm surprised, that you show now your displeasure after my response, but not already after the post that triggered my answer.

And, here are some of the figures, so extremely wrong, (see above) it should be allowed to post that wrong data, but not be allowed to correct them?

Edited by ALFREDO

When you look exactly, all my Posts where only attempts to make wrong posted numbers and data, right.

I'm surprised, that you show now your displeasure after my response, but not already after the post that triggered my answer.

And, here are some of the figures, so extremely wrong, (see above) it should be allowed to post that wrong data, but not be allowed to correct them?

You misunderstand. I don't mind. I just didn't know it was a gun thread.smile.png Always happy to talk about gun crimes. I'm a cowboy, ya hoo.!

You misunderstand. I don't mind. I just didn't know it was a gun thread.smile.png Always happy to talk about gun crimes. I'm a cowboy, ya hoo.!

"Finnish Man Stabbed in Pattaya by Thai Girlfreind" -- how did you not realize this was a gun thread?!

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Edited by SteeleJoe

"Finnish Man Stabbed in Pattaya by Thai Girlfreind" -- how did you not realize this was a gun thread?!

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

It was the reference to the Finnish man that threw me off. If it would have said American I would have caught it. biggrin.png It is probably not really a Finnish guy anyway. I mean? How do we know for sure?

It is probably not really a Finnish guy anyway. I mean? How do we know for sure?

His first two names are just about as traditional Finnish as they can get, but the last name is a bit strange. Probably a typo. I'll see if googling the Finnish rags brings a result .. not really, was mentioned but they use Pattaya Daily News as their source. I'd give it about 95% confidence.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1