How Long Is The Wait For New Car?

fezman

Hi again all ,I was just wondering what the wait time is when getting a new car and what car is the shortest waiting list ?I want any 4 door pickup ,saying that i really want dmax or vigo but time of delivery will determin choice ,i would buy a mazda or any other if the delivery is faster or any colour ,not fussy just dont wont to wait for ever .

my bro inlaw in Isaan was told 3 months for the dmax top model ,are toyota or mitsu or any others faster ,3months seems a hell of a long time to wait and a lot of wasted money on hire cars .

ps my last thread was locked with a little padlock next to the title ,why is that ? just wanted to thank those that responded .

thanks .

The aftermath of the flooding must be still be there. 5 years ago delivery time for a dmax was 1 week. Suggest you call a few companies to see what is the current delivery time, it will take some time to get back on track but the times should get shorter and shorter.

• Like 1

Well, the only answer is pick up your phone and pass a few calls to different dealers of the brands you like. Some may have cancelled orders available immediately on their lot. From the reports of posters, apparently Mazda has one of the quickest delivery times... Toyota, Ford and Isuzu will take more time, unless you are lucky to come across a cancellation. Let's not even talk about Ford Ranger, namely...

My other advice is to enquire in BKK rather than in Issan or in the country. Much more turnover and hence, more likelihood to find your happiness here.

• Like 1

It would help if you say where you are looking. I'm in Ubon at the moment and Mitsu have plenty of pickup on show that's in town. If I pass a Toyota dealer I will let you know. I think if you are serious you need to look.

It depends on the car and as said above the colour.

For some cars from big dealers or the countries HQ all in Bangkok it can be a couple of days, but the same car outside of Bangkok you will get told 1 to 3 months.

For a Lancer 2.0 EX GT I was told 3 days in Bangkok and 1 to 3 months in Chonburi and Sri Racha.

My wife waited 3 months for a V60 from Bangkoks Volvo HQ.

She gave up after 9 months waiting for a Toyota Innova and was told something like 6 months from a Bangkok Honda dealer for a Honda Odessey and I think it was 3 months for one of those Mercedes people carriers/builders van with seats in the back in Chonburi.

As someone says the only way you will find out is by asking the dealer and then add a month onto it at least if the response is more than a few days.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks all for the replies ,I will be in Khon Kaen but I will go to BKK if its faster and sounds like it is ,were are there best places to go in BKK ?

Sounds like I may get the BT 50 ,i have read some of the posts on here and they sound pretty good .

Try Wearnes Mazda. They have 2 dealerships close together on Phahonyothin near Central Ladprao and Chatuchak. My salesguy is name Awwd (ออด). 089-533-7944. However I'm not sure how well he speaks English.

thanks mate ,i will give them a call when I get over there ,so you have the BT-50 ? what model and how do you like it ?

I will read the bt 50 thread but what do you think about the 2.2 motor if yours has it ?

Try Wearnes Mazda. They have 2 dealerships close together on Phahonyothin near Central Ladprao and Chatuchak. My salesguy is name Awwd (ออด). 089-533-7944. However I'm not sure how well he speaks English.

thanks mate ,i will give them a call when I get over there ,so you have the BT-50 ? what model and how do you like it ?

I will read the bt 50 thread but what do you think about the 2.2 motor if yours has it ?

I have the 874k AT model. Receiving calls and playing music from my phone through bluetooth is great. Step into the truck and it connects automatically after the first time is great. My first time owning a vehicle with this feature. The cabin is surprisingly quiet. Seats are comfortable and lumbar support is great for longer trips. The reverse sensors are useful.

No complaints on the 2.2 motor. Plenty of torque, however low on hp, but still no complaints. It accelerates from a stop just great.

No problems with the transmission but sometimes it will kick into gear a bit. It's probably typical with AT trucks. I've driven the old ford rangers, which I think are great trucks too, and those would do the same. Perhaps I'm just used to a sedan transmission.

Right now my only complaint, as you'll see in the BT50 and Ranger threads, is that these trucks are being delivered lacking proper rust protection even though the dealer promised underside rust protection.

Overall I'm very happy with this truck.

• 2 months later...